Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by needsomejays

hope this isnt a dumb question 
embarassed.gif
what do you guys think about a serving of skim milk every day? yay or nah? im trying to build muscle and lose fat if that matters 

Yay.

Old school bodybuilder Steve Reeves created a special drink to sustain energy for the duration of his workout.

The drink consists of:
Half-cup lemon juice
3 tablespoons of honey
Half gallon of water

If he would have substituted milk instead of water, the drink would support muscle growth as well as provide energy.
So to answer your question again, yay.

if he would have substituted milk instead of water, the drink would curdle and turn into cottage cheese
indifferent.gif

needsomejays, everyone wants to lose fat and gain muscle, but you can't really do both.  pick one and run with it.  there's nothing wrong with a cup of skim milk regardless.

Originally Posted by Based Mod

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by needsomejays

hope this isnt a dumb question 
embarassed.gif
what do you guys think about a serving of skim milk every day? yay or nah? im trying to build muscle and lose fat if that matters 

Yay.

Old school bodybuilder Steve Reeves created a special drink to sustain energy for the duration of his workout.

The drink consists of:

Half-cup lemon juice

3 tablespoons of honey

Half gallon of water

If he would have substituted milk instead of water, the drink would support muscle growth as well as provide energy.

So to answer your question again, yay.

if he would have substituted milk instead of water, the drink would curdle and turn into cottage cheese
indifferent.gif

needsomejays, everyone wants to lose fat and gain muscle, but you can't really do both.  pick one and run with it.  there's nothing wrong with a cup of skim milk regardless.

Maybe, but I'm thinking half-cup of lemon juice will not change the pH of a half gallon milk enough to curdle...only one way to find out for sure. Test it.

So Ive pretty much decided to take a week of lifting to rest my body. Ive been making gains consistently for just over 5 weeks but for the last week Ive felt fatigued pretty much all day. My squats especially have felt impossible and I havent been able to go up in weight at all, I dropped down 5 pounds today and couldnt even complete my sets 
tired.gif
Nothings changed apart from my energy. I eat and sleep right so Im thinkin taking some time off might let me come back hard

Question is, should I just take it slow the whole week or would it be cool to do cardio 2-4 days? I'll usually ride a bike hard for 45 minutes but Im not sure if that would defeat the point of a recovery week

i already stopped the low carb diet
laugh.gif
frown.gif

just too hard. i was so freakin tired its not even funny. i dont like eating a crap load of fat as my cholesterol is already a bit high
30t6p3b.gif

lost 6 pounds during those 3 days most due to eating about 20g of carbs each day.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

laugh.gif
frown.gif

just too hard. i was so freakin tired its not even funny. i dont like eating a crap load of fat as my cholesterol is already a bit high
30t6p3b.gif

lost 6 pounds during those 3 days most due to eating about 20g of carbs each day.
Were you cycling low/high carb days?

laugh.gif
frown.gif

30t6p3b.gif

fyi:

keto diet is easier than 'low carb,' believe it or not. when you start you get pretty big cravings for carbs, but after maybe 3 days they stop and you feel satiated by just fats and protein. 

when you eat low carb, you are probably eating too many carbs to enter ketosis, but way too little to make the carb cravings go away. so it's actually more difficult to stick to it.

but of course low carb isnt the only way to lose weight, as long as you can keep calories below maintenance you'll do fine. 

Been on keto for the past week + couple days, and i LOVE it.

I take the EC stack also, so I don't really feel lethargic due to my consumption of fats...

I get carb craving like the rest of us (my roomates actually bought 2 burritos last night, and ended up getting a total of 4 so I got 2 burritos looking at me in the face when I open the fridge), but I remind myself that I have goals to take.

How many times do you guys carb-up? I go to the gym 4x a week and specifically do core + cardio on my off days, and have been thinking of carbing up every week and a half. Is that decent?

id wait 2 weeks for your first carb up, then increase the frequency the more you continue.....i.e. 2 weeks for your 1st, then maybe 10 days for your 2nd, then do it on a weekly basis

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

laugh.gif
frown.gif

30t6p3b.gif

fyi:

keto diet is easier than 'low carb,' believe it or not. when you start you get pretty big cravings for carbs, but after maybe 3 days they stop and you feel satiated by just fats and protein. 

when you eat low carb, you are probably eating too many carbs to enter ketosis, but way too little to make the carb cravings go away. so it's actually more difficult to stick to it.

but of course low carb isnt the only way to lose weight, as long as you can keep calories below maintenance you'll do fine. 

i can eat below maintenance but when i eat normally i tend to consume breads and more carbs
laugh.gif
sick.gif
i want to lose this lower belly fat.

i can see that ive lost fat in the upper stomach area so thats good but man, keto/low carb sucks because i hate and cant eat so much damn fat
tired.gif

laugh.gif
frown.gif

30t6p3b.gif

fyi:

i can eat below maintenance but when i eat normally i tend to consume breads and more carbs
laugh.gif
sick.gif

i can see that ive lost fat in the upper stomach area so thats good but man, keto/low carb sucks because i hate and cant eat so much damn fat
tired.gif

hey, answer my question dambit im trying to help ya @%@ out.

laugh.gif
frown.gif

30t6p3b.gif

fyi:

laugh.gif
sick.gif

tired.gif
really?

not all of these foods are 'healthy,' but they're all keto approved:

lamb

beef

chicken

pork

nuts

avocado

leafy vegetables

vegetable oil

butter/animal fat

etc.

i know it's not the same not eating carbs but you can eat some pretty delicious stuff on keto. who doesn't like bacon??
laugh.gif

and i wouldn't worry about fat being unhealthy.....really processed carbs do more damage to your health than saturated fats. bad studies like 50 or 60 years ago led to all the nonsense about fat being so unhealthy. just make sure you get enough fiber (nuts, avocado, vegetables all have a lot) and vitamins/nutrients (harder when you can't eat fruit)

if you are gonna continue to cut and not do keto/low carb i would recommend still keeping carbs low, but not so low that you're almost in ketosis but not really there. that's probably the most uncomfortable way to do it.

try eating like 50-100g carbs a day. cutting carbs really does help with fat loss IMO

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

laugh.gif
frown.gif

30t6p3b.gif

no, i just went 3 days with very little carbs. the carbs actually came from sausages.

then 4th day i was so freakin tired that i said eff this and went an ate a whole bunch of stuff at 6 in the morning
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
frown.gif

30t6p3b.gif

fyi:

laugh.gif
sick.gif

tired.gif
I'm in the same boat as you in terms of fat lossage. I'm at 14-15% bf right now, and my abs are just looking like one block. I wanna cleave off a couple more lbs so I can get more definition in my abs, and I'm hoping keto will assist me.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

laugh.gif
frown.gif

30t6p3b.gif

no, i just went 3 days with very little carbs. the carbs actually came from sausages.

then 4th day i was so freakin tired that i said eff this and went an ate a whole bunch of stuff at 6 in the morning
ohwell.gif

I am currently doing a carb cycle.
Lift days MWF, I consume 100-120g of carbs (consume all my carbs pre, intra and post-workout, I lift @7PM), basically no carbs for breakfast or lunch.

Off days,TTH, the only carbs I consume are incidental carbs off vegetables.

No feelings of tiredness here.

Also doing EC.

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Nobody else wanna let me know if I should do cardio or not on a recovery week?

Preciate it TK btw

I wouldn't but I also hate cardio.
My thoughts...its not a recovery week if you doin' cardio lmao.

You can do cardio on recovery weeks. Most recovery weeks are just reduced volume and intensity; you don't have to stop everything completely if you don't want to. If you still want to bike, just go at a lower cadence and/or for a shorter duration.

im gonna take a huge bong rip and go run a few miles

ive always wanted to try this for some reason
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Club 27

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

Need help with macros. If i am doing Leangains, what should my macros be, % wise? 

or just in general? 

I have been eating protein with all my meals, along with spinach(green leafy veggie) and a sweet potato PWO. Il have an apple for a snack, sometimes some Special K, but when i get back to college, im going to try and hit my macros and what not 
alien.gif

I like to cut at 40% protein 40% carbs and 20% fat. I've never tried keto I love my carbs way to much. If you keep your foods healthy you can lose weight just fine with carbs. The biggest mistake I think people make is dropping calories way to fast trying to rush results. The only thing this does is lead to too much muscle loss along the way. You wanna be ripped you need to spare that muscle. Gradually reduce calories by 200 at a time. When you go more then 7 consecutive days without losing at least a pound shave off another 200 and repeat. Who cares if you lose 20 lbs in a month if half of it's muscle and your still the same bodyfat precent you had when you started.

Anyone taking creatine as a supplement?

Just ordered some orange triad multis.

Getting back to the gym after my 2 week break has been great, except for my legs being sore for almost 5 days after a light leg workout.

Originally Posted by Club 27

laugh.gif

you might end up surprised as to how much you'll enjoy it. vaporize for full benefit. 

lol i used to vape before conditioning practices in HS all the time

makes running/cardio type stuff way less boring

i decided to go on a full body split but im making it up as i go along

im gonna basically do all compounds, have a high rep low weight day, a low rep high weight day, and a day in the middle.

1st day was yesterday, did
4x8 atg back squats,
4x8 DB bench press,
4x8 BB bent over row

brutal. im on keto and i had very short rests in between sets (1 min more or less) and gave it 110%. wow. looks pathetic on paper but it kicked my $%@. well, after the 4th set of squats i was pretty much dead, the other stuff wasn't as bad.

so next workout i'll probably do something like this:

4x12 atg squats (maybe front squats or hack squats dunno)
4xfailure pullups
4x12 incline DB bench press

and then next workout:

5x5 deadlift
5x5 military press ? decline bench ? close grip bench ?
5x5 ????

dammit i had it all planned out in my head now im lost......lol

help please thanks

Need some help.

I have a high metabolism and im trying to put on atleast 10 pounds (im 128 and 5'5)

Do i just need to take in more calories in order for this to happen?

heres a pic of me (i was for a wdywt so yea lol) I want to get bigger on my stomach and arms/forearm.

Back
Top Bottom