Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by AG 47

Really? From my experiences in the gym, here in Socal, most of the asian guys I see are pretty diesel. Like 10 sets on the bench diesel.

Sure you have your average dudes, but that's the same for every race.

I guess it's just around me then, I'm in New England if it matters.

I know a couple strong Asians but I've never met a jacked one. I've only seen ONE when I was hooping with him and he was just big, it wasn't like he was cut. Seems like none of the Asians lift around where I'm at.

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

+*+! that cutting +%%!, you need to get @%#@%$% swole not become/remain a twig. Bulk til you cant stand it any longer and then get on a cut.

I have a homie from the china whos among the strongest people I know. He would lift only because getting stronger helped his martial arts, and he got pretty damn big. homie would climb up and down a 30 foot rope hanging from the ceiling over and over, using just his hands while keeping his legs stretched out horizontally in front of him
eek.gif
sick.gif

Man you know what, that sounds like a damn good idea. Honestly I'm sick and tired of being so damn frail and thin, damn I'd say I'm decently strong full body at least (1.5x on the squat, 2.0x on the deadlift, unassisted), yet I'm still small as hell.

You need to help me out though... I need tips and advice on workouts, diets, cardio, off-days, all that @%$+. If you need/want to please PM me.

Starting strength? 5x5? What can I do?

The fact youre already strong and experienced is gonna help a lot. Im not sure Id recommend a specific workout, but if I was going to, Id probably lean toward All-Pros workout. Full body exercises are what will throw mass on your frame, so stick to them. Youve also gotta realize different rep ranges will have different effects.

To gain size, it'll be most effective to stick to around 10 reps, so Im thinking start with your 10 rep max on every lift and do 2 sets of 8 as your work sets. Use that same weight each workout until you can do two sets of 10 and then add 5-10 pounds to the bar next time, depending on how you feel.

Im not sure if you do cardio, but if you do you might as well stop right now. Its not gonna help you get bigger and its probably slowing you down. From your posts in general, I get the feeling youll probably be willing to dedicate yourself all the way to this, so Id suggest really dialing in your diet if its not already there. Youve gotta get enough protein and fats daily as well as calories to get you growing. The whole "eat everything in sight" mindset doesnt work because its inconsistent, you really have no idea what youre eating total, and you probably over/underestimate your caloric intake.

I think posting in this thread is probably better than sending PMs. Itll get you reading everything thats posted, as well as give other cats a change to give their opinion on what Im telling you and what theyd suggest.

EDIT: I forgot you asked about recovery. Its really on you to figure out whats right. Following advice is cool, but only for so long, because everyones different. If you go full-body workouts, MWF is probably a good schedule because its so taxing. If you decide to do a split routine youll need less off days. Im working out MWF, and everytime Im in the gym Im squatting, benching etc. until I feel nauseous. I really need that day off between workouts and having saturday, sunday off allows me to hit the weights full force again on Monday. Id say do something similar, but if you feel its not enough either throw in some more lifts on days you workout or tweak the program somehow.

Can you guys reccommend some good In Home Cardio workouts? I have some Powerblocks and figured I could use these plus some inhome cardio to workout on days I have to work late and cant do to the gym.

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

The fact youre already strong and experienced is gonna help a lot. Im not sure Id recommend a specific workout, but if I was going to, Id probably lean toward All-Pros workout. Full body exercises are what will throw mass on your frame, so stick to them. Youve also gotta realize different rep ranges will have different effects.

To gain size, it'll be most effective to stick to around 10 reps, so Im thinking start with your 10 rep max on every lift and do 2 sets of 8 as your work sets. Use that same weight each workout until you can do two sets of 10 and then add 5-10 pounds to the bar next time, depending on how you feel.

Im not sure if you do cardio, but if you do you might as well stop right now. Its not gonna help you get bigger and its probably slowing you down. From your posts in general, I get the feeling youll probably be willing to dedicate yourself all the way to this, so Id suggest really dialing in your diet if its not already there. Youve gotta get enough protein and fats daily as well as calories to get you growing. The whole "eat everything in sight" mindset doesnt work because its inconsistent, you really have no idea what youre eating total, and you probably over/underestimate your caloric intake.

I think posting in this thread is probably better than sending PMs. Itll get you reading everything thats posted, as well as give other cats a change to give their opinion on what Im telling you and what theyd suggest.

EDIT: I forgot you asked about recovery. Its really on you to figure out whats right. Following advice is cool, but only for so long, because everyones different. If you go full-body workouts, MWF is probably a good schedule because its so taxing. If you decide to do a split routine youll need less off days. Im working out MWF, and everytime Im in the gym Im squatting, benching etc. until I feel nauseous. I really need that day off between workouts and having saturday, sunday off allows me to hit the weights full force again on Monday. Id say do something similar, but if you feel its not enough either throw in some more lifts on days you workout or tweak the program somehow.

That one sticks with the 10 reps range? I've been doing 10-12 reps for the past 2 months, so I was actually thinking of switching it up and going with lower reps, like 5 or so. I'd also like to be getting stronger along with bigger too, which lower reps are better for.

I play a lot of basketball and I was actually going to try and get my 6-minute mile back but I guess I'll put that aside for now. The thing with diet is I'm willing to eat whatever I need, but a lot of times I don't have access to it. There isn't a lot of food in my house cause I might be moving out of it soon so my family mainly goes out to eat, the only useful thing I have at home is a bunch of fruit and whey protein powder (I'd rather get my protein from more natural sources though). So eating isn't a problem, it's figuring out what to eat and how much of it.

I was workout out MWF before the one week break I just took also, so that's not a big change.

Started a new routine today. 3 day split with all compound exercises working every muscle every day. Man I forgot how much I love compound exercises.

Working your entire body>>Splitting days by body part

anyone got any foods/supps that arent 100% safe to take to help burn fat? im so close to a six pack yet so far away
frown.gif

I always felt that full body workouts were ******ed. You need to rest your muscles & focus on just one muscle group each day imo 

Hey guys, I have a question. I'm trying to find a website I used to use ( lost the address) to calculate calories and food which had food items you would check off and it would create your meal  plan for you. You could chose how many meals over the amount of calories ( 3500 over 6 meals as an example) and check off foods that you ate( there was a chart that you could check of what fruits,meats, ect.) and it calculate and prepare a menu. I think i found it here but don't remember what page it was on. If anyone can help me with this website or any other that can help me I would really appreciate it. I'm so mad i can remember it.

started my bulk up regiment a few weeks ago....started at 148...weighed in after working out friday at 155. Ive been eating lots and using basic whey protein. My goal is to get to 165-170.

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by AG 47

Really? From my experiences in the gym, here in Socal, most of the asian guys I see are pretty diesel. Like 10 sets on the bench diesel.

Sure you have your average dudes, but that's the same for every race.

I guess it's just around me then, I'm in New England if it matters.

I know a couple strong Asians but I've never met a jacked one. I've only seen ONE when I was hooping with him and he was just big, it wasn't like he was cut. Seems like none of the Asians lift around where I'm at.
How much do you weigh? If you're not growing you're just not lifting and eating enough. I was undereating with 6 meals a day until I started weighing and tracking my food intake. That's the best way to do it to see results. 
Might help to make a meal plan with the swole.me website

Well yall im goin to Cali next month and decided i wanted to be extra juicy for the beach
laugh.gif
so i copped walmart brand protein and creatine...

first time strayin from the all natural for any sustained period and after day 2 I must say the creatine has probablly upped my reps by at least a third
eek.gif
stuff is redic!

goin to get baby oil/cocoa butter tonight cuz lord knows there will be stretch marks...
sick.gif

will post pics on the 19th before i leave or the 26th when i get back

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Well yall im goin to Cali next month and decided i wanted to be extra juicy for the beach
laugh.gif

first time strayin from the all natural for any sustained period and after day 2 I must say the creatine has probablly upped my reps by at least a third
eek.gif
stuff is redic!

goin to get baby oil/cocoa butter tonight cuz lord knows there will be stretch marks...
sick.gif

will post pics on the 19th before i leave or the 26th when i get back
before and after pics my man?

Originally Posted by ferndaburn

Hey guys, I have a question. I'm trying to find a website I used to use ( lost the address) to calculate calories and food which had food items you would check off and it would create your meal  plan for you. You could chose how many meals over the amount of calories ( 3500 over 6 meals as an example) and check off foods that you ate( there was a chart that you could check of what fruits,meats, ect.) and it calculate and prepare a menu. I think i found it here but don't remember what page it was on. If anyone can help me with this website or any other that can help me I would really appreciate it. I'm so mad i can remember it.

swole.me?

SC, Ill get back to you later

^^^^^^^^^^^^Thank you very much, that is it. I was racking my brain all day trying to remember the name of the website. Thanks again.

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

laugh.gif
extra juicy 
cuz u got shredded ***** like me on the beach all day

bring ur a game

glasses.gif

Back
Top Bottom