Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Dropten

8-17...2 more days

293506_10150266467353995_512703994_7788975_1969762_n.jpg

Im on a diuretic right now (otc) xpel by MHP...thing has be taking a leak every 15mins and it just sucks being on it period. I really give pro's so much more respect now for the crap they go through.
Cot damn! 
eek.gif
.. I haven't hit the gym in about a week.. Tomorrow morning first thing 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

NT I want to gain weight... Nothing seems to work for me
frown.gif

Any recommendations on how to? Por favor.
Spoiler [+]
Yes. I eat alot, but still.

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Originally Posted by imvictor

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

^ How many calories a day is a lot to you?
I  dont even know.. 
embarassed.gif
lol
How many I am supposed to eat?
Take what youre eating now and double it. SRS.
this. I mean im not trying to be rude, but how the hell are you gonna say you eat a lot and then not even know how much you eat
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by needsomejays

I  dont even know.. 
embarassed.gif
lol
How many I am supposed to eat?
this. I mean im not trying to be rude, but how the hell are you gonna say you eat a lot and then not even know how much you eat
indifferent.gif
Thank you, I said i didn't know the calories though.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by needsomejays

indifferent.gif
Thank you, I said i didn't know the calories though.
indifferent.gif
well do us all a favor and apply common sense... hit up google for some basic information then come back when your SRS about gettin in shape...

we should jus have a beginners handbook in the OG post... no spot reduction, body types, amount of protein, when to eat/what to eat, etc.

2LipsLegit wrote:
Durden7 wrote:
TroyMcClure wrote:
Yo, would anyone like to help me create a new "in shape" thread? Seems like this thread is becoming increasingly popular.
 I know my post count is low but i've been a NTer for 7+ years now on different names.

Anyway, it seems very difficult to have direct conversations, or progression in our discussions in here.

Every few pages are getting the same topics and questions addressed just a few pages ago.

I say we organize the basic "noob" info, put it on page one and get more of a direction in this thread.

eh eh eh?

In theory it sounds great, but it never works out that way.

Exercise cant be summarized into a page of info and general directions.  People are always going to have individual questions, stories, etc.

Realistically, youd need a few stickes to even begin to cover people questions. I mean its worth a shot in the next one, but maybe we should link to BB threads in the OP if thats cool. The info needs to cover nutrition (especially macros), beginner workouts and how the same +$!$ is really appropriate for everyone as a beginner. The thing is people will ignore it, no matter how complete it is.. on the other hand we could just to tell people to reference the 1st post when they ask stuff.

Dropten, how much do you weigh?

Also, the general forum on a sneaker-based forum shouldnt be the first place someone looks for advice about exercise. There are people who frequently post in this thread who are credible and have years of exercise experience (doing, learning, etc.) so it's not like we're the blind leading the blind.  However, this thread should be about advice and open discussion, not answering basic exercise questions.  Introductory information should be learned elsewhere.

(Part of the problem is also how a question is asked.  Theres a fine line between asking for advice and asking a basic question.)

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Originally Posted by Dropten

8-17...2 more days

293506_10150266467353995_512703994_7788975_1969762_n.jpg

Im on a diuretic right now (otc) xpel by MHP...thing has be taking a leak every 15mins and it just sucks being on it period. I really give pro's so much more respect now for the crap they go through.
Cot damn! 
eek.gif
.. I haven't hit the gym in about a week.. Tomorrow morning first thing 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
Daaaag....

Feel like a new born baby when you see !$#% like this
tired.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Just joined a gym today and lifted a couple weights, then ran for a couple minutes. Can anyone recommend a basic routine to follow when at the gym? Don't really want to be too muscular, I enjoy running more than lifting. I'm 5'8 and 155 at the moment.

I consider myself to be fairly athletic and in decent shape. I run full court basketball games all the time, I play football, and my stamina is above average. However, when I started working out recently, I get sore very quickly. Is that common for someone that first begins working out or am I just soft?
laugh.gif
I felt like such a B--ch when I got sore after only 20-25 min. I didn't even go hard. I was doing curls with 25 pound dumbbells and then started doing a few reps with 30s but that was enough. After like 30 min I wanted to take a nap.

Follow up question, how long should I break between sets? Like if I'm doing 15 reps with the 25s, how long until I do another rep? I was resting for like 2 minutes in between but felt like I was being lazy by doing so

^ It's normal to feel soreness, your body just isn't used to it. Eventually you won't feel the soreness after your body has become accustomed to lifting.

And usually I rest 45 sec-1 min between sets. If I'm doing heavy compound lifts then I might take 2 minutes or sometimes more.
It's really on you though,once your body feels ready to do another set then go for it. But you obviously don't want to take too much time between sets because you'll lose your pump.

Been going pretty hard in the gym for awhile now. This is what ive been doing, any suggestions? 1. Chest&tris2. Back&bis3. Shoulders4. Cardio&legs5. Cardio&Stomach6. Rest day7. Rest dayThen repeat.

Picked up some heavy weights yesterday and now I got a lower back strain. What should I do to help the strain and how long should i wait till I get back to weights?

^ Don't know what your goals are, but maybe throw in an arms day on the 6th day. You can hit them as hard as you want, depending how you feel.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

I consider myself to be fairly athletic and in decent shape. I run full court basketball games all the time, I play football, and my stamina is above average. However, when I started working out recently, I get sore very quickly. Is that common for someone that first begins working out or am I just soft?
laugh.gif
I felt like such a B--ch when I got sore after only 20-25 min. I didn't even go hard. I was doing curls with 25 pound dumbbells and then started doing a few reps with 30s but that was enough. After like 30 min I wanted to take a nap.

Follow up question, how long should I break between sets? Like if I'm doing 15 reps with the 25s, how long until I do another rep? I was resting for like 2 minutes in between but felt like I was being lazy by doing so
Feeling sore during your workout sounds a lil weird to me. I can get fatigued and feel damn near dead, but Im never sore unless its from the day before. Also, if you can do 15 reps curling, Id go up in weight to what brings you down to 8-10 reps

As far as the break, the ideal break for growing in size is a 1:1 ratio. So you spend the same time resting as you did lifting, but realistically when youre new to it its hard to feel ready to go again that quickly. Try to get used to keeping the time down there though, because it can become a bad habit of standing around for too long if you let it.

Back
Top Bottom