Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Al Audi

So you're mad because I told joe he crossed over? Just f-n around with em? An what do you even have to do with it because you juice? Don't you live in NY? I'm from CT wanna just meet up one of these weekends ill go to ur gym as a guest, how is mrs campbell doing these days? Wasn't she expecting a baby? You need a God Father?

Lmao...why u always coming off the subject?.. mad at what?You wanna compete with joe then post them pics. You got ppl waitin for this competetionYou can come to my gym. Just make sure you were a tight skirt.

yeah im aiming for single digit bf%

ive never actually legit measured mine in a bodpod or anything but i just go by the mirror

and lol... nt group workout

Reading IICEMAN83 post made me realize I no longer wanna be little. I wanna get back to my old 225 form and beast. No more skinny 190 rck2sactown, im considering before and after pics.....
nerd.gif

I need to lose 5-7lbs in 10 days, any advice? No, I'm not overweight, I'm 5'10, 166lbs, just trying to tone up before I head out on vacation.

Does anyone do windshield wipers ??
Best exercise for abs if you do full ROM, but so difficult to do more than 8 per set.. after 2 sets I'm SPENT.

Originally Posted by Gmills23

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I know its been mentioned here already but I gotta re-emphasize how much easier it is to cut when doing intermittent fasting rather than eating the usual 4-6 meals spread out over the day. It's hard as hell to stay full on say 2000 calories if you eat breakfast first thing in the morning and then try to stretch out like 1500 calories over the rest of the day. I think it's much easier to just skip breakfast and/or lunch and have your first meal in the afternoon. Eating the 2000 calories from around 3-4pm to bedtime is much easier than eating 2000 calories from 8am to bedtime. At first waking up in the morning and not eating might be tough but drinking coffee, tea, water helps to curb your appetite and you get used to not eating breakfast really quick. In the past while trying to lose fat, I'd try and stretch 2000 calories over 5-6 meals and I failed time and time again because I'd be starving 1 hour after every meal. After that I tried something similar to intermittent fasting and it worked to a charm. Some studies also suggest that you burn a greater percentage of fat during intermittent fasting compared to conventional fat loss programs.

So the only meal you eat the entire day is one big one in the evening?
I feel like if i did that I would feel my body eating my muscle away during the day.

No, it's not just one meal a day. It's just that you postpone your first meal from first thing in the morning to later on in the day (i.e. 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, 5pm, etc). You skip breakfast and maybe lunch but there are two benefits to doing so. First, by being in a fasted state for 12-16 hours you are more likely to burn more fat, especially if you have time to do cardio while in the fasted state. Secondly, you have more calories to work with later on in the day which will keep you more full in the afternoon/evening.

Example of IF:
-Eat your last meal the night before at 12am
-wake up at 8am
-Eat your first meal at 4pm

So you are in a fasted state for 16 hours and you have an 8 hour window (4pm to 12am) to eat your daily intake of food. If you're in a deficit then you should burn a good amount of fat and you should not have much trouble dealing with hunger (the first few days of skipping breakfast/lunch will be tough but trust me, you get used to it). As for 'burning muscle' while fasting, I think that is a myth perpetuated by the bodybuilding mindset that you must eat a meal every 3 hours otherwise your body will break down muscle. It's harder to lose muscle than most people think and the reason people lose muscle is because they are not getting enough calories over a long period of time (think weeks and months, not 1-2 days).

As long as you eat enough calories to fuel yourself during the 8-hour eating window then your body will primarily tap into your fat stores for energy. Ofcourse you will lose some muscle but you'll be hard pressed to find a cut diet that does not burn some muscle. The great thing about the IF approach is that its very flexible and you can adjust it to fit your lifestyle and preferences. I'm just throwing an idea out there for people interested in trying a different fat loss approach. Ofcourse, as long as you're in a caloric deficit you will burn fat but everyone knows that a lot of people have trouble sticking to low calorie diets so IF is a good option because it allows for flexibility and is easy to follow.

JoeCam, don't you come around SF everynow and then? Who else in the bay area? I suggest a MR. NT Summit Get-together of Epic Proportions and Definition. We could all get 3 day passes to Equinox and just sweat it out, talk crap to each other, mess with Brett by suggesting different workouts and techniques. It would be fun.

As long as you eat enough calories to fuel yourself during the 8-hour eating window then your body will primarily tap into your fat stores for energy. Ofcourse you will lose some muscle but you'll be hard pressed to find a cut diet that does not burn some muscle. The great thing about the IF approach is that its very flexible and you can adjust it to fit your lifestyle and preferences. I'm just throwing an idea out there for people interested in trying a different fat loss approach. Ofcourse, as long as you're in a caloric deficit you will burn fat but everyone knows that a lot of people have trouble sticking to low calorie diets so IF is a good option because it allows for flexibility and is easy to follow.

I like the sound of that. Would it have the same affect if I hate something small like a banana to get my morning started? I find I need something in my system.
And what about IF on some days and others with the 4-6 meals?

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

I need to lose 5-7lbs in 10 days, any advice? No, I'm not overweight, I'm 5'10, 166lbs, just trying to tone up before I head out on vacation.
This is certainly possible but dont expect to lose more than maybe 4 pounds of fat (if you're very lucky), 1-2 pounds of muscle and some water weight.

You can look up the 'PSMF' diet which is basically a short term crash diet that is backed by scientific research. You eat under 1000 calories a day of just protein and very little essential fats. You could also do some daily cardio and cut out salt completely a few days before you leave for your vacation. If you insist on eating carbs, keep them low and cut them out completely your last 2-days before you leave (cutting out salt and carbs will help you temporarily drop some water weight).

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

JoeCam, don't you come around SF everynow and then? Who else in the bay area? I suggest a MR. NT Summit Get-together of Epic Proportions and Definition. We could all get 3 day passes to Equinox and just sweat it out, talk crap to each other, mess with Brett by suggesting different workouts and techniques. It would be fun.

Does this sound pretty weird only to me?

Originally Posted by nkwu11

I like the sound of that. Would it have the same affect if I hate something small like a banana to get my morning started? I find I need something in my system.
And what about IF on some days and others with the 4-6 meals?

IF is totally flexible so you can design a program that fits your schedule. As for eating something light in the morning, they say that carbohydrates (due to insulin spikes) slows fat loss so eating something like a banana may be counter-productive to your goal of burning fat while in the fasted state. I've read some people will have a protein shake, or some vegetables, or even some berries (they are low calories and carbs) in the morning...usually something light with few calories and carbs.

I think someone provided this link earlier in this thread but I suggest you check it out...a lot of the articles are very informative. The author used to be fat, got skinny and has since built a nice physique for himself and he is a strong advocate of IF...
http://www.leangains.com/...g-and-stubborn-body.html

laugh.gif
I remember PMing you asking to work out.

tired.gif
tired.gif

Can someone "bulk", i.e. gain muscle while on IF? I've always wanted to do it but never really had it laid out like that. Not needing to till 4pm could do wonders for my life. Bringing healthy meals to school is a @$+@%... usually end up wasting money at subway/pita pit.

Originally Posted by AJChick23

Just for a lil switch up in the thread..anybody care to post their workout playlists?
smile.gif

I''ve been hesitant about bringing my spare iPod to the gym because I know I would get TOO into the music, maybe even sing outloud. But I listen to stuff BEFORE I get to the gym; and loud too. Here are some albums that do the trick for me, though:

Quicksand-Slip
Helmet-Unsung
Nirvana-Bleach

^I thought this was a good video for people in school/on-the-go. yea, dude does the entire video with his shirt off...
smh.gif
laugh.gif
Heis in pretty great shape for a 49 year old though.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

This is certainly possible but dont expect to lose more than maybe 4 pounds of fat (if you're very lucky), 1-2 pounds of muscle and some water weight.

You can look up the 'PSMF' diet which is basically a short term crash diet that is backed by scientific research. You eat under 1000 calories a day of just protein and very little essential fats. You could also do some daily cardio and cut out salt completely a few days before you leave for your vacation. If you insist on eating carbs, keep them low and cut them out completely your last 2-days before you leave (cutting out salt and carbs will help you temporarily drop some water weight).
Thanks, looking up now, appreciate the help.

pimp.gif
thanks Hyper Cutter

bijald..I watched that entire vid..the hat + no shirt + funny voice kept me intrigued
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AJChick23

pimp.gif
thanks Hyper Cutter

bijald..I watched that entire vid..the hat + no shirt + funny voice kept me intrigued
laugh.gif
Yeah, been subscribed to scooby on youtube. He sticks to basics and dumbs everything down. He has a workout forum too that's free and it's pretty good, especially geared towards the more natural lifters without all the fancy supps. 
Right now on my playlist: This is more hip-hop based. 

Gudda gudda ft. lil wayne - Young Money Hospital

Lil B - pretty boy

Lil B - Everything based

Cassidy - I'ma hustla (remix)

Lil wayne -Banned from TV

FM - Get that money

Linkin Park (Almost anything from hybrid theory/ Meteora/Reanimation)

Back
Top Bottom