STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

It's going to take more than a "couple of months", be patient.

People beat and destroy their bodies for years, it takes time to get the ideal physique.

I've still got some fat, that is unsightly (personally, because people say I exaggerate), however, I know that I ate like **** and worked out inconsistently from 25 to 29 :smile:{).

went to the Arnold. Was dope. was told maaaad times I should be competing and was solicited by gaspari, muscletech and ogus cake and lavato and christian guzman to talk about signing a sponsorship/endorsement, before i told them i wasn't competing of course. they all gave me tons of shirts and stringers to rock anyway tho, which i did. saturday i changed my shirt like 6 times hahaha. I didn't go in super super lean anything, just my regular 8-9%. That's typically what I maintain year round, usually 9ish. It's not a struggle for me with my genetics and meal plans. had a blast. tons of free stuff at the expo. met everybody. dopest was meeting HHH though i think. and PH. that was freaking awesome. wild how short these guys are in real life. they always look huge in print and pix. Big Khan is ****** huge yo. and roelly winklaar. steve cook is avg as hell. met ct fletcher and the hulk too. dudes be midgets yo. and fitness chicks fully grasp the importance of squats...n yoga pants.

Last edited:
I know :lol:

Its funny how people just throw random ranges of numbers out like they're nothing. its just like these old dudes talking at my gym the other day about how back in their day they could squat 350, 400lbs easy, but when you look at them you know their legs would snap if they even tried to walk that much weight out of the rack.

My biggest problem is a lot of guys who claim to squat big numbers, don't actually SQUAT big numbers. I see so many guys come no where close to parallel, then throw more weight on the bar and are farther away from parallel before.
Sounds like my gym. Ego lifters are funny characters. Let them cook doe. As long as I'm making my gains, I dont pay much attention to nonsense while training.

Been a very productive winter. Can't wait to cut the end of March. Don't have a lot of BF to drop, but the main goal has been adding weight to the bar. Tighten up the diet again in a few weeks, but not being as strict as I usually am has kept me sane. Been doing some good cardio to balance out the occasional sweet here n there.

Last edited:
The dudes who put on 3 45 pound plates on each side and then "squat" to a 170 degree angle...can't stand them when they try to show off :smh:

Last edited:
Reebok shifting its focus away from athletics and entirely to fitness, everyone saw this coming. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...um=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

what a terrible logo

Makes too much sense, they are cleaning up in that department with their exclusive deal with CrossFit HQ. One of the only exclusive deals that actually is panning out. Took the brand off life support.

Don't know about it being dubbed a "new logo", it's been around for more than two years on all their CF and Reebok One gear. :lol:

That logo is synonymous with CF at this point, more than the vector, so not shocked that it was replaced.

I wouldn't know what goes into a good logo, not a design guy. That symbol is recognized worldwide and it's simple. Don't know about it being "terrible" when you place it next to logo's of other major brands.

Last edited:
In all honesty, not trying to start the whole debate on cross fit.

I'm just trying to figure out if this elitist mentality came from individuals that grew up not playing or excelling in sports growing up?

Is this the "in crowd" you always wanted to be in?

I like crossfit, I just don't like the attitudes that come along with majority of the jbronis.

Oh, and Kipling is the one thing I hate most in fitness, closely followed by quarter reps.

In all honesty, not trying to start the whole debate on cross fit.

I'm just trying to figure out if this elitist mentality came from individuals that grew up not playing or excelling in sports growing up?

Is this the "in crowd" you always wanted to be in?

I like crossfit, I just don't like the attitudes that come along with majority of the jbronis.

Oh, and Kipling is the one thing I hate most in fitness, closely followed by quarter reps.

Most that compete are college level athletes. You do have those that do it just to get fit, but tons have athletic backgrounds. The competition aspect is a huge draw. Firefighters are big in the community as well.

Attitude is what it is. Look at the attitude from the bb crowd. At least you can say CF'ers are inclusive douche bags as opposed to exclusive douche bags. :lol:

End of the day getting fit and strong is all that matters. Everything else is just a bonus.

Nike isn't in as much as they would like to be, but I'm sure they are they are licking their chops waiting for the exclusive deal to expire.

These finally came in...

Gainz will be made.

Last edited:
My boys that cross fit or die are super chill and don't have that mentality lol

They played at the college and pro level in athletics.

I have found it's more of the douche bags that wore headbands and only curled in the gym that have gravitated to crossfit.

It's those dudes that I want to chop their legs off and throw them in the ocean.

Annoying people that ruin this culture.

It frightens people trying to get into shape from actually going out and getting into shape, because those frat type of douche bags make fun and laugh at them.

I just don't like any one person looking down on others, esp if that person is trying their hardest.

Meals for the day.

Snack: Hydro Whey Protein shake

Breakfast: Egg whites with half bagel 

Lunch: 1 cup brown rice, 6oz Mahi Mahi, mixed veggies

Dinner: Mixed veggies with 6oz lean turkey meatballs

Snack: 1 cup Kashi cereal with a protein shake

Total: 37g fat 155g carbs 221g protein.  Finished the day with 1800 calories....
smokin.gif

Hate when my gym partner flakes out :smh:

^ Those turkey meatballs look so good up there, I need to start making those again.

My boys that cross fit or die are super chill and don't have that mentality lol

They played at the college and pro level in athletics.

I have found it's more of the douche bags that wore headbands and only curled in the gym that have gravitated to crossfit.

It's those dudes that I want to chop their legs off and throw them in the ocean.

Annoying people that ruin this culture.

It frightens people trying to get into shape from actually going out and getting into shape, because those frat type of douche bags make fun and laugh at them.

I just don't like any one person looking down on others, esp if that person is trying their hardest.

We hate those guys too, :lol:

Try to be as inclusive as possible, teach as much as you can and also learn as much as you can. Fitness is constantly evolving because people are evolving.

Unfortunately, the dudes with headbands are probably still paying $30 at a commercial gym. They would be humbled immediately. I've only met one CF'er that had an outwardly "elitist" attitude, wanted to toss him over a bridge. Everyone else I've encountered is super chill and encouraging to not only advanced folks crushing PR's but also to a beginner learning proper form. It really depends on the gym/box you go to, the trainers/coaches set the tone for what type of attitude the "community" will have.

Back
Top Bottom