STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Reebok is buns, Crossfit is buns. They deserve each other.
laugh.gif

My boys that cross fit or die are super chill and don't have that mentality lol

They played at the college and pro level in athletics.

I have found it's more of the douche bags that wore headbands and only curled in the gym that have gravitated to crossfit.

It's those dudes that I want to chop their legs off and throw them in the ocean.

Annoying people that ruin this culture.

It frightens people trying to get into shape from actually going out and getting into shape, because those frat type of douche bags make fun and laugh at them.

I just don't like any one person looking down on others, esp if that person is trying their hardest.
10006638_626558040733187_2079253441_n.jpg

Why does it sound like a bad idea to you?

Because your intensity would have to give on one of those exercises. You can't be equally intense on back and chest. Why not put 100% of your focus and energy on chest one day then back the other? That way you're not cheating yourself.

maybe YOU can't be equally intense, but it's certainly possible. I do it all the time now, chest x back. usually chest first, then finishing with back ****. really completely different body parts and engines firing, I'm pretty much still 100% when i get to back. Of course I like to do their own day, but schedules don't always permit that, you gotta be adaptable.

I was able to do 135lbs on standing behind the neck Military press. My numbers are going up. I'm going to keep pushing it.

why are you going behind the head? what purpose does that serve?

I gotchu guys on AC pix. I took a bunch.

Why does it sound like a bad idea to you?

Because your intensity would have to give on one of those exercises. You can't be equally intense on back and chest. Why not put 100% of your focus and energy on chest one day then back the other? That way you're not cheating yourself.

maybe YOU can't be equally intense, but it's certainly possible. I do it all the time now, chest x back. usually chest first, then finishing with back ****. really completely different body parts and engines firing, I'm pretty much still 100% when i get to back. Of course I like to do their own day, but schedules don't always permit that, you gotta be adaptable.

Just ignore it, its not worth it. Id respond, but you know.... im an elitist.

Last edited:
Crossfit is a clique. It's like gamg banging. Except you bang weights. I ca see why people would gravitate towards it and defend it like a gang.

You get jumped in (elements) and you're a member for life (or suffer everyone calling you a *****). So maybe it's not elitist so much as repping that gang.

Crossfit is a clique. It's like gamg banging. Except you bang weights. I ca see why people would gravitate towards it and defend it like a gang.

You get jumped in (elements) and you're a member for life (or suffer everyone calling you a *****). So maybe it's not elitist so much as repping that gang.
lol

blllllaaatttt bllllllaaatttt

did you end up using the 20% off from eastbay for your romaleos?

just checked right now and they reupped the code, and they have a FSR of adipowers :smokin

I did use the code. Tempted to return them if I can get adipowers. Nothing against Romaleos, adipowers just fit better on me. Would keep both but that's a lot of dough.

yeah that's why i waited. i havent been able to try either of them on, but from the reviews i've read, the romaleos feel better if you have a wider foot.

total comes out to like ~180 shipped to socal after discount and taxes.

for those who commute a long distance for work, how do you guys have breakfast?

is it bad to have breakfast like two hours after you wake up? i take the train into work and i try to have my breakfast then.

i'll have a protein shake on the way to the office and once i get in, i usually have a breakfast that consists of oats, fruit, and greek yogurt.

Last edited:

did you end up using the 20% off from eastbay for your romaleos?

just checked right now and they reupped the code, and they have a FSR of adipowers
smokin.gif
I did use the code. Tempted to return them if I can get adipowers. Nothing against Romaleos, adipowers just fit better on me. Would keep both but that's a lot of dough.
yeah that's why i waited. i havent been able to try either of them on, but from the reviews i've read, the romaleos feel better if you have a wider foot.

total comes out to like ~180 shipped to socal after discount and taxes.

for those who commute a long distance for work, how do you guys have breakfast?

is it bad to have breakfast like two hours after you wake up? i take the train into work and i try to have my breakfast then.

i'll have a protein shake on the way to the office and once i get in, i usually have a breakfast that consists of oats, fruit, and greek yogurt.
Why can't you have breakfast before you leave for work?

geezus quest bars are tasty. I tried them for the first time at the Arnold. Got maaaaaaaaad free bars. things are legit. Are they the best things out? or naaaw?

truthfully, i'm not a morning person and i try to squeeze in as much sleep as possible :lol:

i typically have fairly long days. my schedule usually goes like:

wake up at 6:30am, leave by 7:00. get to work around 8:45. leave work at 6:35pm. gym, then study. get back home at around 11:00pm. usually only get ~6 hours of sleep every night :x

i mealprep my lunch, snacks, and dinner, but just don't have anything prepared for right in the morning.

geezus quest bars are tasty. I tried them for the first time at the Arnold. Got maaaaaaaaad free bars. things are legit. Are they the best things out? or naaaw?

Not a big protein bar person but the macro profile of quest bars is legit. The chocolate chip and white raspberry is on point. I have a huge craving for sugars and to calm that down I usually just break a bar into 4 pieces, flatten them, put them in the over for about 6 mins and it comes out like cookies.

truthfully, i'm not a morning person and i try to squeeze in as much sleep as possible
laugh.gif

i typically have fairly long days. my schedule usually goes like:

wake up at 6:30am, leave by 7:00. get to work around 8:45. leave work at 6:35pm. gym, then study. get back home at around 11:00pm. usually only get ~6 hours of sleep every night
sick.gif

i mealprep my lunch, snacks, and dinner, but just don't have anything prepared for right in the morning.
I cook a whole bunch of sunny side up eggs (10-12) and turkey bacon on the weekend. I wake up at 6:20, take out 2 eggs and a couple strips of bacon and heat it up the microwave.

Or, you can pack that for when you get to your office.

I like protein and healthy fats for breakfast.

Why not? Same reason some people prefer incline bench over flat. When done correctly, it's perfectly safe. Just like most other movement.

How is comparing incline bench to flat bench the same as behind the head military to in front of the head military?

How is comparing incline bench to flat bench the same as behind the head military to in front of the head military?
Different angles. It was just a random comparison, I'm sure there are better.

If you have flexible shoulders, BTN is fine. Takes some of the load off of the lower back too.

Why not? Same reason some people prefer incline bench over flat. When done correctly, it's perfectly safe. Just like most other movement.
I'm pretty sure that there are studies showing any lifts behind the neck/head are actually bad for spinal load.

Lift and let lift.

There are studies (negative and postive) for everything. Go to the gym pick something up and put it down and repeat.

Word. I remember the 'ol "now don't let your knees go past your toes when you squat son."
indifferent.gif

:lol:

I've been to several places, no one every put down anyone or called anyone a ***** for not being able to do something. Especially beginners.

The only difference I see is that one is social and efficient that the other one is anti-social. Dabbled in both.

I've always loved the, "can't get down with Crossfit because of Kipping", :lol: That's the go to in order to knock it.

If you don't want to do CF, that's fine, it's not the end all be all and it's not for everyone. However, I would encourage most to try olympic lifting and switching their programming from the crap they have now. Get some advice, not from the internet/mag but someone that is actually trained to program.

If you're not going to be a BB'er drop the body part routine. There's just better ways of working out. I understand why BB'ers do it.

Also if you pay $30 for the gym, don't complain, you get what you pay for.

Word. I remember the 'ol "now don't let your knees go past your toes when you squat son."
indifferent.gif
Even that is bad form....I don't see where your comparisons are coming from.

Let me ask you this though, why behind the neck vs regular military press?

Even that is bad form....I don't see where your comparisons are coming from.

Let me ask you this though, why behind the neck vs regular military press?
How is knees past toes bad form? That's the natural way of squatting to do something.

I do both, BTN just to switch it up sometimes. Gives my delts a good stretch and minimizes chest involvement. As long as I'm properly warmed up and use strict form that benefits me without increasing the risk of injury (I don't go literally behind the neck or below 90 degrees for that matter) I feel like I'm strengthening my shoulders. I wouldn't max out or anything, but if utilized properly I like them.

Knees past the toes isnt ALWAYs bad. It depends on limb lengthS and whats being done.

In regards to behind the beck presses, never in my life have i seen any evidence that it has a purpose. Its cons farrr outweigh any pros it may have. Its just not advisable.

Also, the "pick some up and put it down" mentality isnt right. At its core, exercise isnt an art form. Its science and that mindset doesnt lend itself to progress. Ive found that the dismissive attitude is typically used by those who cant rationally form an argument for their aide. Just my opinion though.

Back
Top Bottom