STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Bros I think I am screwed. I'm scheduled to take a physical exam for the fire department in my city but I've had acute bronchitis for the past few weeks so I haven't been in the gym since. I'll be done taking medication tomorrow so I'll be back Monday. Think I can up my cardio significantly in 2 weeks?

Today was leg day and I've come to the conclusion that I don't like going heavy on back squats (315x3 is my max) . So for the next two or three months I'm not going over 280lbs. I will continue to go heavy on front squat though.

:lol:

Funny, or sad, how after I PRd DLs at 275 last month I felt great the following day. Yesterday when I went for a single **** ing plate on each side I hurt that lower back :smh:

Last edited:

The whole body image, do whatever it takes just to get abs mantra is ridiculous these days. I watched a video Jason Blaha did on it and how some people have a serious body image disorder. All these fitness aesthetics guys are to blame, half of them aren't natural and they make guys believe that if you don't have "cuts" you aren't anything, which is total BULL ****. Rant over.
this is some real spit. these dudes got people losing their grasp of reality with false hopes. its pretty sad. this whole aesthetics movement is GAF to me and im not using the chris jones GAF version either.

theyll never get me tho. bear mode for life. 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Today was leg day and I've come to the conclusion that I don't like going heavy on back squats (315x3 is my max) . So for the next two or three months I'm not going over 280lbs. I will continue to go heavy on front squat though.

Why no heavy back squats?

:lol:

Funny, or sad, how after I PRd DLs at 275 last month I felt great the following day. Yesterday when I went for a single **** ing plate on each side I hurt that lower back :smh:

Its funny the other day i was DLing and i literally think its all concentration. I was zoning at 345lbs for 3 reps then decided to pyramid down and i ended up hurting my back at 245lbs because i was like ehh eff this im over it. Just wasn't concentrating and when im fatigued my form is all sorts of sloppy

The whole body image, do whatever it takes just to get abs mantra is ridiculous these days. I watched a video Jason Blaha did on it and how some people have a serious body image disorder. All these fitness aesthetics guys are to blame, half of them aren't natural and they make guys believe that if you don't have "cuts" you aren't anything, which is total BULL ****. Rant over.

this is some real spit. these dudes got people losing their grasp of reality with false hopes. its pretty sad. this whole aesthetics movement is GAF to me and im not using the chris jones GAF version either.

theyll never get me tho. bear mode for life. :pimp:  

I hear you guys. With all these instagram "natural" bodybuilders. Like yes we can go to the gym pump biceps and chest grease ourselves up take pics and use high contrast filters to make us look more cut. But people lose sight that these dudes walk around looking normal as hell 90% of the time. But i still always wonder if some of these dudes cycle. I follow adam400m on instagram cause dude is shredded beyond belief...and he used to be a runner (i play soccer so im naturally just lean) so its a little motivation that some one that was once my size can bulk up.....but can they really get this insanely ripped

its like i see pics of him younger and it resembles my physique

but then like he just stared adding lean mass and now he is god status. Like is it possible....naturally possible.....idk but either way his quad separation is insane

Last edited:

theyll never get me tho. bear mode for life. 
pimp.gif

Women love bear mode, word to my boy Captain Kirk;

Its funny the other day i was DLing and i literally think its all concentration. I was zoning at 345lbs for 3 reps then decided to pyramid down and i ended up hurting my back at 245lbs because i was like ehh eff this im over it. Just wasn't concentrating and when im fatigued my form is all sorts of sloppy
I hear you guys. With all these instagram "natural" bodybuilders. Like yes we can go to the gym pump biceps and chest grease ourselves up take pics and use high contrast filters to make us look more cut. But people lose sight that these dudes walk around looking normal as hell 90% of the time. But i still always wonder if some of these dudes cycle. I follow adam400m on instagram cause dude is shredded beyond belief...and he used to be a runner (i play soccer so im naturally just lean) so its a little motivation that some one that was once my size can bulk up.....but can they really get this insanely ripped

its like i see pics of him younger and it resembles my physique

but then like he just stared adding lean mass and now he is god status. Like is it possible....naturally possible.....idk but either way his quad separation is insane
Whenever you have that much mass at such a low BF, it will always make people question it. Whats his height/weight? That will let you know better than anything.

man juicing is awesome, I have a hard time with not eating enough veggies/fruits in a day...just drank an apple...cucumber..gigantic carrot and some celery..good start to the day 
happy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
man juicing is awesome, I have a hard time with not eating enough veggies/fruits in a day...just drank an apple...cucumber..gigantic carrot and some celery..good start to the day :D  

When I read the start of this I thought something else :lol:

He is 5 foot 11 and around 202 i think at least thats what he said in an interview.

Well I look at it like this, if your getting paid to look good in the fitness industry, most not all of the time you have some extra help.

When I squat around 300lbs I can only get a good maybe 6 reps in (at parallel) and after I'm done it doesn't feel as I've lifted but when I go a bit lighter (around 280) I can do 8-10 and ATG and feel it a lot more. Also my form goes to hell (over aggregating a bit) and I fear hurting my back.at 315. So I'm going to stay lighter until my belt comes, work on form and getting low. I'll go heavy when I'm more confident.

Hurt my wrist a few months back and had been taking it easy in the gym. Finally got it checked out and they found a partially torn ligament. Gonna be wearing a hard cast for the next month :smh:

anyone tried the kirkland brand plain greek yogurt? for me it tastes better than Fage

Hurt my wrist a few months back and had been taking it easy in the gym. Finally got it checked out and they found a partially torn ligament. Gonna be wearing a hard cast for the next month :smh:

Well, with that being said. Can I get some recommendation on good wrist wraps. At the moment I have Grizzly wrist wraps but they're a bit too big (You see I have baby wrist). Just need someone to point me in the right direction..

Do you guys train calves?

Nope, train legs, constantly...

Sadly, my grip tends to give out at 275. What exercises would you recommend?

Work on forearm strength as well, sometimes grip gives out because your forearms reach muscle failure.

-Pull ups
-Hang from a pull up bar, start with 30 seconds and increase by 30 seconds based on progress.
-Hang Cleans
-Farmer Walks
-Grab Heavy dumbells, as heavy as possible, hold them for 30 seconds, increase time based on progress.
-Hit the row machine.

Well, with that being said. Can I get some recommendation on good wrist wraps. At the moment I have Grizzly wrist wraps but they're a bit too big (You see I have baby wrist). Just need someone to point me in the right direction..

Strength Wraps or PR Wraps.

Whats the best protein/healthy bread? PB&J sandwiches are my favorite thing while bulking because of the high calorie amount but i really avoid garbage bread

Whats the best protein/healthy bread? PB&J sandwiches are my favorite thing while bulking because of the high calorie amount but i really avoid garbage bread

Ezekiel Low Sodium 4:9 bread.
Find it at your local whole foods of trader joes.

Obviously doesn't taste as good as regular bread with some type of flour.

But it does the trick. Great carb content, no flour or gluten. All grains. Great fiber.

I Have it everyday with no guilt. Have gotten used to its taste so it tastes like bread to me.

Only around 80 calories per slice 15 g of carbs (nothing but grains so they're all great carbs with lots of fiber).

Try it out.

Last edited:

But it does the trick. Great carb content, no flour or gluten. All grains.

I Have it everyday with no guilt. Have gotten used to its taste so it tastes like bread to me.

Good looks. Repped soon as i can

Last edited:

But it does the trick. Great carb content, no flour or gluten. All grains.

Good looks. Repped soon as i can

It spoils quickly. Freeze it if you buy a lot at one time

Yeah either freeze it or just put it in the fridge once you open.

I just put it in the fridge and it's fine. It doesn't take me more than 5 days to go through the loaf so I don't give it enough time to go bad.

But if you're not planning to eat it as often then definitely leave it in the fridge and toast it when you need it

Back
Top Bottom