STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

anyone experience having acne from whey? ive never used whey protein on a regular basis before and now i want to,
but my friend warned me to take it easy first and see if ill have breakouts.

ive had some pimples here in there when i was younger, but im not in my teens anymore and for 2 years i rarely had any,
should i be concerned? is there anyway to make lessen or eliminate having acne from taking whey? tia!

anyone experience having acne from whey? ive never used whey protein on a regular basis before and now i want to,
but my friend warned me to take it easy first and see if ill have breakouts.

ive had some pimples here in there when i was younger, but im not in my teens anymore and for 2 years i rarely had any,
should i be concerned? is there anyway to make lessen or eliminate having acne from taking whey? tia!

I do and i just noticed that reading your post. When i dont use whey for awhile i stay pimple free...now it all makes sense

me too. i was breaking out while i was taking whey. someone advised me that it was the whey, stopped it and havent broken out since(been over a year).

dont take any supplements at all anymore

Last edited:
How do yall stay motivated to work out if yall have a busy schedule? I get off work and home about 5pm then I have to make dinner, help daughter w/ the homework, tend to a pregnant wife, and get ready for work the next day. Been slacking w/ hittin the gym, dropped down to 2/week :smh:

On top of that. The pain in my knee hasn't went away yet. Doctor was worthless and I need to get it stronger

How do yall stay motivated to work out if yall have a busy schedule? I get off work and home about 5pm then I have to make dinner, help daughter w/ the homework, tend to a pregnant wife, and get ready for work the next day. Been slacking w/ hittin the gym, dropped down to 2/week :smh:

On top of that. The pain in my knee hasn't went away yet. Doctor was worthless and I need to get it stronger

Man, I won't lie and say it'd easy but there's a lot of busy ppl I know who work out 5 days a week. My friend is an ER physician with a wife and two kids and he works out 5 days a week. There's another doctor who has two jobs at two hospitals and he's ******* brolic from all he working out he does.

This past Friday I came off of a 16 hour shift at work, got home at 8 am, worked out from 9 to 10 am, slept and went to work again at 3 pm. I normally don't make a habit of doing that but I always try to work out 5x a week and I wanted to sleep in Saturday lol.

I will say one thing. Needing 8 hours of sleep everyday is a myth. You can function well enough sleeping 4 to 5 hours a day as long as you have that one day a week to sleep in.

Last edited:
I understand that getting 8-10 hours of sleep is well established literature in the lifting world but I've seen too many ppl juggle work life, a family, and working out on 4-5 hours of sleep a night and still make gains in the gym.

Too many people I've seen put themselves through law school, med school, nursing school, working jobs on the side to pay for that, some juggling a kid on top of that and still going to the gym frequently and doing well. Mythology.

Last edited:
Can someone get by on 4-5 hours of sleep? Sure. But that doesn't make it preferable or healthy.

I never said getting 8 hours of sleep isn't ideal, but it's not realistic. I'm single with no family to run only having only one job and not going to school while I'm working and my work and working out only permits me 6 hours of sleep a night. There are ppl I know far busier than that and they're still in the gym with me every day. There's no way they're getting as much sleep as me.

Last edited:
honestly 6-6 1/2 is my sleep pattern an its very consistent

i dont use alarm clocks btw

6-7 hours is probably the national average. 4-5 is not ideal but inevitable in a lot of people's lives. Especially if you're holding down two jobs which a lot of people do. Or going to school while you're working, etc etc

I think it's not the total amount of sleep that's necessary but the amount of deep sleep you get. There's different cycles of sleep, light sleep, REM cycle, deep sleep etc. I have this theory that ppl who average 4-5 hours of sleep and function well just get to the deep sleep stage faster or spend a greater percentage of their sleep in deep sleep. I haven't checked the literature to see if there are scientific data to support that but it's the only way I can reconcile seeing many ppl function well in limited sleep.

Last edited:
I never said getting 8 hours of sleep isn't ideal, but it's not realistic. I'm single with no family to run only having only one job and not going to school while I'm working and my work and working out only permits me 6 hours of sleep a night. There are ppl I know far busier than that and they're still in the gym with me every day. There's no way they're getting as much sleep as me.

get as much as you want but its not healthy :lol: thats the point

we all know people who only get a few hours. Hell i know a guy who probably hasnt had more than 4 hours of sleep in 3 years. he doesnt nap either.

[quote name="amell="/t/500128/stay-get-back-in-shape-vol-3-0-a-new-niketalk-a-new-thread/32310#post_20387885"]

Man, I won't lie and say it'd easy but there's a lot of busy ppl I know who work out 5 days a week. My friend is an ER physician with a wife and two kids and he works out 5 days a week. There's another doctor who has two jobs at two hospitals and he's ******* brolic from all he working out he does.

This past Friday I came off of a 16 hour shift at work, got home at 8 am, worked out from 9 to 10 am, slept and went to work again at 3 pm. I normally don't make a habit of doing that but I always try to work out 5x a week and I wanted to sleep in Saturday lol.

I will say one thing. Needing 8 hours of sleep everyday is a myth. You can function well enough sleeping 4 to 5 hours a day as long as you have that one day a week to sleep in.[/quote]

Yea I feel u. I gotta motivate myself more.

Back
Top Bottom