STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I wanna deadlift so badly but Im scared to mess up my back
frown.gif
Previous injury?

Nah. Never deadlifted before, just worried Ill have horrible form and snap my 'ish up lol
What kinda mentality is that, go try it out. It should be a staple in anyones routine. 
laugh.gif

Watch a few videos on youtube and start with 10lb weights on each side just so you can get your form right. Once you think you get your form right, stick 25lbs on each side and if you feel comfortable do 45lbs on each side. If its your first time, stick to that for a couple weeks before you move up. Form is everything.

hopefully your gym has bumpers because starting with the tiny 10lbs plates that most gyms carry wont help.

i am a perfectionist and it took me almost 2yrs of lifting to get my form where im satisfied with it for the most part. i record all my lifts and always review everything. i want no hips shooting up, no lower back rounding, etc. trying to get that pretty jonnie candito type deadlift. 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
As long as you start off light and learn how to do good form, no reason why you'd snap your back.

The biggest mistake beginners make is going up in weight so fast.

With movements I'm still learning I try to get the form down before climbing up in weight

Bumpers?

I mean, he could start with just the bar, but I feel you need some kind of weight on it to really get a feel for it.

i mean that the bar will be a lot lower with just 10s and his setup will be different than if he had 45s on.

some good deadlift vids that personally helped me. the last one with jeremy hamilton is money.

Last edited:
Got a lift in yesterday with the big man @Dropten
. Don't hit shoulders too much and man did he put a hurtin on them, they're roasted today lol. Cool to see how other people train though. Gonna up the total volume on some of my lifts and see how I respond. Hopefully we can get all the guys around the DMV to meet up for a lift one weekend. 

def need to get a dmv workout session

if your gonna have a cheat meal why in gods name are you watsing it at dennys? :x

Bwoods kick game is fire for sure. Just wanted to say that. I'm buying those asics haha

Never mind...

Last edited:
I don't have "cheat meals" mr king of bros fake zyzz

I eat what I want, when I want.

Come at me.
lol. been doing that the past few months even though i've been lifting sporadically and lighter with the damn trigger finger. gained a good amount of fat weight but i feel kinda happy and jolly.

Wanted everybody's opinion on protein shakes. I've tried four so far (Perfect Protein, EAS, Muscle Milk, and Gatorade), and Gatorade tastes the best, although it's the worst value out of them all. 

Officially in the 3 plate bench club  :smokin :smokin :smokin

Hit 315 for three singles today and it felt awesome.

After missing 300 at my meet 3 weeks ago, I told myself that my bench has to be better if I want to be compete. 

Had me feeling like.....

My ninja! :pimp:

I'm stuck at 305 and it was a insane grinder. :frown: want that 3 plate bench so bad!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom