STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

My boy is an ectomorph and he's trying to put on muscle mass but it hasn't really been working so far. I out him on Stronglifts 5x5 and he's had decent strength gauns but is about the same size. He swears he eats a lot but I doubt it lol.

I was wondering what you guys recommended for ectomorph training? I found this online but not sure if broscience lol

"Train with at least 9+ sets per bodypart. Normal prescriptions call for 9-12 exercises for smaller bodyparts and 12-16 for larger ones. Keeping to or exceeding these guidelines is often needed to see the same results as the other bodytypes."

Dat feel when you're an endomorph with a crap diet though...

It is 
laugh.gif

But idk, just trying to cut weight. I was 280; dropped to 215, then went back up to 245, had back surgery, now down to 221-222. Ideally I'd like to be 185-190. 

I'm 5'11. 
Not trying to be mean but with that weight, youre probably eating more than what youre really saying.  You dont mention what you drink throughout the day and some of what you eat is unhealthy. Like the pop corn, ice cream, turkey bacon and beef jerky. How many grams is two scoops of protein? What do you work on when youre at the gym? Are you using free weights or machines?
I mean I measure out everything. Like I have a meal scale and make sure I measure out everything into a zip lock bag. and I also use measuring cups to make sure I'm accurately putting in a serving size.

The popcorn is a 100 calories and is the skinny pop brand? I really just eat it cause it satisfies a salt craving. Maybe I should switch to walnuts-almonds?

Turkey bacon is 35 calories per slice and i eat 2, can't be that unhealthy?

I drink homemade green tea or water all day. I don't add sugar or honey or anything.

I do chest-tri/ back/ shoulder-bi's, legs. I mean I'm not skipping anything really.

i believe its 22 grams per scoop so 44 grams.

I also use a combo of free weights and machines depending on the day. 

I mean it's only been a month, maybe the 4 months of inactivity messed with me and getting active again hasn't hit me? 

I also have Hypothyroidism. 

and **** if a half a cup of ice cream is bad I'll stop
roll.gif
 but my whole day is pretty solid imo. (But then again at my weight, that sugar probably ruins a whole day of good dieting.) 

Last edited:

I mean I measure out everything. Like I have a meal scale and make sure I measure out everything into a zip lock bag. and I also use measuring cups to make sure I'm accurately putting in a serving size.

The popcorn is a 100 calories and is the skinny pop brand? I really just eat it cause it satisfies a salt craving. Maybe I should switch to walnuts-almonds?

I drink homemade green tea or water all day. I don't add sugar or honey or anything.

I do chest-tri/ back/ shoulder-bi's, legs. I mean I'm not skipping anything really.

I mean it's only been a month, maybe the 4 months of inactivity messed with me and getting active again hasn't hit me? 

roll.gif
 but my whole day is pretty solid imo. 
How many reps are you doing? You have to understand that in order to loose weight you have to push yourself. It has to hurt, plain and simple. No turkey bacon, ice tea or pop corn. They arent doing you anything. Salt retains water which makes you gain weight so no almonds. You need fiber, spinach or broccoli. No cheese on your broccoli. What I'm telling you I've seen with previous people that my mentor has helped. 

Edit: Yup the sugar ruins it all dude. You should get a body fat test.

Last edited:

roll.gif
 but my whole day is pretty solid imo. 
How many reps are you doing? You have to understand that in order to loose weight you have to push yourself. It has to hurt, plain and simple. No turkey bacon, ice tea or pop corn. They arent doing you anything. Salt retains water which makes you gain weight so no almonds. You need fiber, spinach or broccoli. No cheese on your broccoli. What I'm telling you I've seen with previous people that my mentor has helped. 
For Bis, chest, tris, and back I'm doing 4-5 separate workouts for each: 4 sets 8-12 reps, 

for shoulder's legs, I'm only doing 2-3 workouts for each because I'm still coming back from back surgery and my Physical therapist advised i take it slow on those.

I eat about 2 cups of broccoli a day, maybe I'll cut out popcorn and just add another cup for a snack. 

I mean I'm really doing my best here, my brother dropped a 90 lbs doing it  this way, so he's helped me out. But I guess everyone is different. 

My boy is an ectomorph and he's trying to put on muscle mass but it hasn't really been working so far. I out him on Stronglifts 5x5 and he's had decent strength gauns but is about the same size. He swears he eats a lot but I doubt it lol.

I was wondering what you guys recommended for ectomorph training? I found this online but not sure if broscience lol

"Train with at least 9+ sets per bodypart. Normal prescriptions call for 9-12 exercises for smaller bodyparts and 12-16 for larger ones. Keeping to or exceeding these guidelines is often needed to see the same results as the other bodytypes."

Dat feel when you're an endomorph with a crap diet though...

That's def bro science.

I don't really believe you can assign some arbitrary number of sets, every individual is going to be different.

A whole lot of bro science the last few pages.

Unsweetened ice tea is bad for you? Lulz.

For Bis, chest, tris, and back I'm doing 4-5 separate workouts for each: 4 sets 8-12 reps, 

for shoulder's legs, I'm only doing 2-3 workouts for each because I'm still coming back from back surgery and my Physical therapist advised i take it slow on those.

I eat about 2 cups of broccoli a day, maybe I'll cut out popcorn and just add another cup for a snack. 

I mean I'm really doing my best here, my brother dropped a 90 lbs doing it  this way, so he's helped me out. But I guess everyone is different. 
Thats pretty good and I'm sure your surgery set you back. Definitely, broccoli is good lol so swap it out. I dont expect you to change your diet over night but stepping stones to slowly change it will happen. Of course, we're all different but I wish you luck.

Training for your body type? What? Those are a gimmick to begin with. If your friend wants to look like he lifts I suggest bodybuilding stuff after the main movement for the day.

Calories in vs calories out, simple as that. You can eat ice cream all you want.

Don't give out this kind of advice.

Last edited:
Unsweetened ice tea is bad for you? Lulz.
Thats what I'm wondering 
laugh.gif
 I mean I get the popcorn/beef jerky. High  sodium foods so can't be great. But unsweetened green tea? Ill continue to drink this, can't drink water all day. 

Thats pretty good and I'm sure your surgery set you back. Definitely, broccoli is good lol so swap it out. I dont expect you to change your diet over night but stepping stones to slowly change it will happen. Of course, we're all different but I wish you luck.
Thank you sir.

Training for your body type? What? Those are a gimmick to begin with. If your friend wants to look like he lifts I suggest bodybuilding stuff after the main movement for the day.

Calories in vs calories out, simple as that. You can eat ice cream all you want.
Yeah maybe I'm not doing enough cardio iono.  Guess I'll keep grinding and hope for best. 

Don't give out this kind of advice.
To each his own, but not for someone who works a desk job. You have to be active to loose that weight, right? 

I disagree with this advice. Tukey bacon isn't bad for you, almonds aren't bad just get lightly salted or not salt if you're watching sodium, and cheese isn't bad either.

@Kal-El-8  IMO, your not eating enough. Seems like your way to active to be eating that little calories and spinning your wheels. I would slowly increase calories until you can find maintenance level to be stable at since you have been gaining and losing a lot recently. Then cut from there. 

I disagree with this advice. Tukey bacon isn't bad for you, almonds aren't bad just get lightly salted or not salt if you're watching sodium, and cheese isn't bad either.
I respect your disagreement. The little two cents I'm giving is just stuff that I've seen and heard from my mentor.

I think its contradictory to say everyones body is different. Then go with the it doesnt matter what you eat
Calories in vs calories out.

Certain things can do different things to different peoples body.

Preplanned reps/sets hinder progress. Setting limits is the fastest way to mediocrity. Have a good day now

Back
Top Bottom