STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

NT I need your advice, I play ball three times a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) but don't work out at all. I am usually sore after ball where I need the following day to recover.

I would like to have a workout routine but don't know how to find the time.

For anybody here playing sports on a regular basis, how do you balance your workout and sports routine? What does your weekly schedule look like?

Moheezy Moheezy how old are you? If you have the time, id just hit the weights after balling. Its kinda weird you need a recover day everytime you hoop unless youre over 45 and/or play 3 hours. If youre playing that long, id stop after an hour and lift. If i ball for 3 hours and am real sore the following day, i can still lift, just maybe not legs. So maybe try that, lift on tues/thurs/sat/sun. Or the easiest solution is instead of hooping 3x /week, hoop 1 or 2x and lift the other times. Thats what i do cuz i dont have the time to stay in the gym longer than 60-90 mins.

I am actually 26 years old...the thing is my work requires me to travel a lot so it's hard to get a consistent schedule going. I go two weeks without balling then when I am at my city, I ball a couple of times but then I feel it the next day.

I typically play for two hours and I tend to go all out as it's pretty competitive. I easily run more than anyone on the court (I have a fitbit and hit the 10k steps in those two hours alone), I am also 5'3" and play against 6 footers and love to play physical and bang in the paint.

I do find it strange that I get tired and overly sore the next day (Can barely do pushups), maybe it's consistency, maybe I need to take certain vitamines pills...or maybe it's because I have a consulting gig on top of my full time work and work 12 to 15 hours a day on a consistent basis.

NT I need your advice, I play ball three times a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) but don't work out at all. I am usually sore after ball where I need the following day to recover.

I would like to have a workout routine but don't know how to find the time.

For anybody here playing sports on a regular basis, how do you balance your workout and sports routine? What does your weekly schedule look like?
You out of shape ?

My current routine

I play ball usually 3 days out the week , I still run my five miles a day.
I go to the gym at night about 4-5 days a week but I got time . If u don't have time get a home workout in . When I don't go to the gym I have a curl bar some 45 lbs dumb bells and a pull up /dip bar at home .

Define out of shape, I am 5''3' and weigh 63 kilos. I run more than anybody but I am weak. Haven't worked out in over a year. My only "workout" is playing ball. I have worked on my core two days ago and I still feel it today.

Yo what's good with bb.com tha gawd needs some creatine and pre workout. Are they waiting till Monday to run % off sales?

Myprotein.com got some really good deals. I make my own pre workouts ....way cheaper comes out to a couple of cents per serving plus no fillers and bull$hit.

Define out of shape, I am 5''3' and weigh 63 kilos. I run more than anybody but I am weak. Haven't worked out in over a year. My only "workout" is playing ball. I have worked on my core two days ago and I still feel it today.
start by doing pushups , planks , / home work out and build yourself up. when i first started benching i was like 25 years old and weak as hell. could only do the bar with 25 on each side. couldnt do one pull up. 

start by doing pushups , planks , / home work out and build yourself up. when i first started benching i was like 25 years old and weak as hell. could only do the bar with 25 on each side. couldnt do one pull up. 

Gradual and consistent. I guess that's what I need to do right now. Really make this a priority and balancing (I tend to go all out) but yeah pacing myself so I won't burn out.

Thanks!

This doodoo weather was making me super lazy. Didnt even feel like goin, but forced myself and had a sick workout. Back and bis [emoji]128526[/emoji]

Interesting. Used U.S. system for height and metric system for weight

You sound confused :nerd:

Myprotein.com got some really good deals. I make my own pre workouts ....way cheaper comes out to a couple of cents per serving plus no fillers and bull$hit.
Not sure of serious lol but I also do sled pushes so I need a running/training shoe
What do sled pushes work out. Your hamstring and flutes right. ?How do u make your own pre workouts. Fill me in bro

Amel is feeling the power of the full moon this week. Geez
Reps again

I'm noticing I go up 3 points for every rep you give me. By my calculations, when I win the 50 reps, I will be up 150 points

I think it was a glitch in the system years ago, I think each rep is worth 1 now

Years ago my rep would have been worth a ton

Back
Top Bottom