STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I was literally right next to GNC yesterday. Why you didnt post in here about that. I woulda did multiple transactions too. Got damnit mn. Yo we need a group chat so someone can hit up the phone for deals like this

I'd troll quickly, efficiently, and with great flair. All the mods would my name, but they will never have enough to put me behind bars. The feels I would cause
devil.gif
so what you're saying is that you'd be the kipping pull up of trolls?

Last edited:
I was literally right next to GNC yesterday. Why you didnt post in here about that. I woulda did multiple transactions too. Got damnit mn. Yo we need a group chat so someone can hit up the phone for deals like this
My Bad, I was so salty that I didnt even think about that

I need to buy a damn pullup bar for the apartment... I can only do like 2 or 3 :smh:

Just do them everyday first thing when you walk in the gym. Soon you'll be at 10+ or hop on the assist machine and hit like 40 instead of Lat pull downs.

Just do them everyday first thing when you walk in the gym. Soon you'll be at 10+ or hop on the assist machine and hit like 40 instead of Lat pull downs.
Bingo, the best way to attack anything you suck at in the gym is to do it everyday.

The $1 bar is all weekend but you have to buy something else. But on top of it the bars have a coupon for $5 off a box.
Boxes are 28.99 for combat. So about 24 total for a box $2 a bar. Im tempted

I might hit em first thing in the gym like you said. I absolutely refuse to use the assist machines... I had to eat that humble pie on the dips, started off from the top then dipping down and not being able to lift myself back up 
laugh.gif
 ...now I can hit about 20 straight. Gonna start on the pullups Monday.

Last edited:
Why do you refuse? I don't use it because I can't do them unassisted. I do it so I can do a bunch of reps in good form. I'd rather do a bunch of dips and pulls ups of various grips than lat pulls and tricep presses.

I start all my workouts with doing pull-ups. I just like how it stretches out my arms/back.

I remember starting out with the dip assist machines

Don't see what's wrong with using that if you're a beginner

If you're still using that after a while of doing dips, then that's a problem lol

yeah i agree one good rep is better than a bunch of bad reps.

i see a lot of people who do dips just kinda bounce around thinking they're stretching/contracting their tris but are really just banging against the slamming their bones/joints.

I remember starting out with the dip assist machines

Don't see what's wrong with using that if you're a beginner

If you're still using that after a while of doing dips, then that's a problem lol
I take 5# off these days. It's all mental.

There's nothing wrong with the assisted pullup/dip machines, it's better than the people who are incapable of doing either of them correctly but insist on going unassisted for ego purposes and end up either going down 2 inches like a jackrabbit or dropping all the way down and ripping their rotator cuffs off.

Yeah, I co-sign doing machine-assisted dips until they can be done alone. I'm doing the same for chin-ups. I've also heard using bands for assistance on chin/pull-ups is good.

unless your body weight is really high, not being able to do one dip seems pretty bad. i'm not one to judge through and maybe i'm just ignorant.

this coming year i'm definitely going to be doing more weighted dips and weighted pull-ups. don't do much isolation exercises and will do even less next year hopefully.

unless your body weight is really high, not being able to do one dip seems pretty bad. i'm not one to judge through and maybe i'm just ignorant.

this coming year i'm definitely going to be doing more weighted dips and weighted pull-ups. don't do much isolation exercises and will do even less next year hopefully.
I had never been into a gym until this year and dips were impossible but I would try them 3 times a week and I was finally able to work my way up. I just gotta apply that to pullups.

Back
Top Bottom