STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

What's considered big boy weight?
You'll get a lot of different answers for this question.

A lot of powerlifters would go off your wilks.

I would say double bodyweight squat and deadlift, then 100lbs over bodyweight bench is a good starting point.

Last edited:
Probably what I'm gonna do. A trainer recommended this website but if I wanna return it I don't wanna go through the hassle. I'm lazy like that

How's them flexors bro?

Better, in squatting with better depth, actually squatted today and will do squats 3-4 times a week. Im not lifting heavy, went up to 165 for 6 today and stayed at that but im def going lower. Had my belt today too. :smokin

You'll get a lot of different answers for this question.

A lot of powerlifters would go off your wilks.

I would say double bodyweight squat and deadlift, then 100lbs over bodyweight bench is a good starting point.

Hmm..
5'10 170.

Bench: 235
Squat: 185 (could do way more but opting not to, never actually tried a 1MR)
Deadlift: 315 (though im sure I could add another 15-25lbs)

Damn my numbers suck. :lol: Never been into lifting for 1MR. I usually stay at 70-80% (assuming) of my max and hitting atleast 10 reps. Maybe ill get into that 1000 club if I trained for it.

Last edited:
Hmm..
5'10 170.

Bench: 235
Squat: 185 (could do way more but opting not to, never actually tried a 1MR)
Deadlift: 315 (though im sure I could add another 15-25lbs)

Damn my numbers suck.
laugh.gif
Never been into lifting for 1MR. I usually stay at 70-80% (assuming) of my max and hitting atleast 10 reps. Maybe ill get into that 1000 club if I trained for it.
If you're just in the gym for general health, fitness and just to stay in good shape then the 1k club is a good number to shoot for.

If you're just in the gym for general health, fitness and just to stay in good shape then the 1k club is a good number to shoot for.

Im actually in pretty decent shape, I think I posted a back pic before and had some dudes tryna shoot the PM (not really :lol:) but ive never been "strong". Its like a dressed up e92 with a stock engine. :smokin

Can you bulk and still get abs?

I was a skinny dude starting at 5'7 125 lb.

Now im at 150 lb eating on a calorie  surplus obviously but now im wondering how its possible to get abs if my body fat is just going up.

Also my chest starting to look like breasts since the fat is in there 
eyes.gif

not sure if I should bulk up some more or just start cutting. I feel like 150 is still too light but i dont want no man boobs b.

Now im at 150 lb eating on a calorie  surplus obviously but now im wondering how its possible to get abs if my body fat is just going up.
Also my chest starting to look like breasts since the fat is in there :rolleyes

not sure if I should bulk up some more or just start cutting. I feel like 150 is still too light but i dont want no man boobs b.

I think you answered your own question. It's all BF%. Keep that under 9-10% and you should be good

Also my chest starting to look like breasts since the fat is in there 
eyes.gif

Get abs  bruh your born with abdominal muscles JK bro
laugh.gif

I understand what your saying what af1 said is right, having visible abs is all about BF% and to increase the muscularity in your abs and chest youre gonna have to be in a surplus

What may be happening is that youre eating like a got damn savage of your dirty bulking steeze. You may wanna scale it back so that you dont put on BF so quickly

Also my chest starting to look like breasts since the fat is in there :rolleyes

You're most likely overeating. Track your calories and macros. Makes a world of difference.

Cannot stress enough to the importance of slow and steady gains. Makes it easier in the long run IMO

Abs are long gone for me. Don't even care. I'm good on all that. I'd rather just be bulky and strong and eat like a horse. All I really care about is moving up my deadlift these days. Sucks I can only do it once a week heavy weight at least. I still do all the big lifts but deadlifting is my favorite.

My bench is coming up nice finally too. Repping well over my body weight in a 5x5. Once I weight 170 I'll be stoked.

my wife wants to eat brown rice. i don't like brown rice. bought some of this from the japanese market and this right here is straight [emoji]128293[/emoji]

Just when progress is starting to be made :smh:

Threw my back out last night. My lower back...bad on squats. Perfect storm of new gym couldn't find foam rollers and didn't wear my belt. So i am 178lbs currently and had to do week 2 day one of candito last night.

Hit 290 for 9 reps. Felt great was loving life. Then was the 295 for 3 reps 5 sets, 1 set every minute. So set one was good. Then set two...i wouldn't even say i rounded my back it was more of too much forward lean and i had to good morning it a little to get out. Felt nothing during the set. Set three...puts weight on my back and my legs started shaking like they were both going to buckle and my lower back was lit up...walked it right back in. My lower back was on fire.

Just when i was doing so well too im going to have to take a good week or so off squats and deads....if not longer. Back to square one :smh:

Damn man, that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

Your story kinda reminds me of when I had to lean forward to save the lift a couple weeks ago.

Was extremely uncomfortable but didn't tweak my back. Probably because I'm not strong enough to do 295 for reps like you :lol:

Progress doesn't have to stop...

Mobilizing/stretching is extremely beneficial and some may say it's a workout in itself. You can also focus on other areas of the body.

Back
Top Bottom