STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Depends how much water you put.

Growing up, I was responsible for cooking the pot of rice for the family in the rice cooker. 

Less water>>>>> where its almost "hard"

Yeah it's about the ratio and how much starch you wash off. I'm assuming we're not talking sticky rice. That you soak then steam. Never touches water after the soak.

This was this past week:

-Breakfast: Omelette (3 eggs, kale/spinach, ham, cheese), Cottage Cheese & Banana
-Lunch: Ground Turkey, Kale, Greek Yogurt
-Early Afternoon Snack: 1 Cup Trail Mix
-Mid Afternoon/Preworkout: 4 TBSP PB & Saltine Cracker Sandwhiches
-Post Workout: Protein Shake
-Dinner: Chicken Breast & Asparagus
-Pre-bed: Protein Shake

This usually brings me within +/- 100 calories of my goal. It also does not include the sauces and seasonings used to season meats (cream of mushroom soup used as a sauce for ground turkey is piff)

Now thats very doable since you break it down that way. The hardest part it actually cooking breakfast since I dont plan enough time in the morning to actually cook the eggs. That diet is 3k calories?

Now thats very doable since you break it down that way. The hardest part it actually cooking breakfast since I dont plan enough time in the morning to actually cook the eggs. That diet is 3k calories?

Yep. Been tracking it in myfitnesspal . Might up it a little more since I've been getting real hungry after dinner.

Fitbits are definitely a great tool for staying on top of how much you're burning daily, because it varies so rather than just using an online calculator as an estimate and jus sticking to that you'll see what number you're trending toward depending on how much you're moving. Earlier this week as the night was coming to a close I checked my numbers and realized I had burned 300 more calories than I normally would if I was going off my calculator number and I got in a little more food to make sure I was good.

@MPLSdunk  I usually just tell people that if they're not gaining/losing the weight they're trying to lose it comes back to the simple science of cals in vs cals out, but if it's something deeper than that just go see a dietitian and get it sorted out. I know someone who's about 6'7" and has been paper thin their whole life but will finish theirs and everyone elses plate and never see an extra pound. Regardless of what they eat so I know that struggle has got to be real.

jking0821 jking0821 your league is semi pro? I thought it was just a recreational league.

Its technically labeled as semi pro. It really isn't that big of a deal. A bunch of dudes who played in college play in the maryland men's majors league. But one of the teams in our league won nationals 2 years ago. They beat the Chicago Fire youth team in the finals. So just good fun competitive soccer.

There was a guy at my gym yesterday doing dumbbell shoulder press WHILE doing leg press......by far the wildest thing I've ever seen at my gym

Last edited:
There was a guy at my gym yesterday doing dumbbell shoulder press WHILE doing leg press......by far the wildest thing I've ever seen at my gym
Speaking of wild things..

I have this one coworker. He's a know it all and thinks everything he does is the correct way to do things. Also believes hes owed an explanation for everything someone does. 

Well he asked me why I was drinking so much water. I told him I aim for around a gallon a day. His response?

"You don't need to drink water. You get everything you need from the food you eat. There's scientific studies to prove it"

I have this one coworker. He's a know it all and thinks everything he does is the correct way to do things. Also believes hes owed an explanation for everything someone does. 

Well he asked me why I was drinking so much water. I told him I aim for around a gallon a day. His response?

"You don't need to drink water. You get everything you need from the food you eat. There's scientific studies to prove it"

Can't argue that its science

I know a lot of people that just never drink water. They show all the signs of dehydration consistently but ignore when I tell them to have at least a couple cups a day.

Idk how people do it. I feel like straight garbage when I don't have enough water.

So when he's thirsty he eats food? 

what blender do you guys use to make your shakes after work out? in need of a new blender to make shakes that fill up the whole blender cup since mine always leaves the powder (usually 2 scoops) sort of still sandy tasting

thanks

Back
Top Bottom