STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

New to this thread, just a quick question for those currently bulking:

When do you guys start your cut?

That answer will differ from person to person.

I'm clean bulking so I can hopefully minimize how much I have to cut. I feel like too many people use bulking as an excuse to eat like a slob.

That is of course if you are "bodybuilding"

That answer will differ from person to person.

I'm clean bulking so I can hopefully minimize how much I have to cut. I feel like too many people use bulking as an excuse to eat like a slob.

That is of course if you are "bodybuilding"
guilty. that is me.

I'm not really body building but I got tired of my usual frame so I decided to bulk. Ate like a slob but I went from 160 to about 178 (as of last night) in the past 3 months hitting the gym 4x-5x a week. 
I plan to do a cut at the end of Feb which would be my first real "bulk and cut".

I'd recommend a hip circle and these mobility exercises to everyone 

It is also possible to screw up your hips by initiating the lift sitting too far back without opening your knees. 

The tip that has worked best for me is actually opening your groin to push to force you knees out.

Last edited:
guilty. that is me.
I'm not really body building but I got tired of my usual frame so I decided to bulk. Ate like a slob but I went from 160 to about 178 (as of last night) in the past 3 months hitting the gym 4x-5x a week. 

I plan to do a cut at the end of Feb which would be my first real "bulk and cut".

I'm willing to bet when you cut away that fat, you'll realize you didn't put that much muscle on.

18 pounds is a lot for 12 weeks. Then rule of thumb is 1 lb a week and even that is a lot IMO.

Slow and steady gains homie

So if you're gaining more than 1 lbs a week then it make be a good idea to reevaluate your calories?

Asking cause I feel like I'm putting on mad weight while bulking but it's a clean bulk to me.

I'm at like 3500 a day

So if you're gaining more than 1 lbs a week then it make be a good idea to reevaluate your calories?

Asking cause I feel like I'm putting on mad weight while bulking but it's a clean bulk to me.

I'm at like 3500 a day

I think anything more than 1lb is overkill IMO. Doesn't matter if it's clean at that point, your body can't use it. Your body is capable of producing only so much muscle at a time

Main criteria I have when I clean bulk is my waistline.. If my waistline is getting bigger.. I got to reevaluate the "clean bulk"..

Last edited:
I got you.

This stuff can be annoying at times :lol:

Track your calories and macros. If you're trying to build lean muscle, why guess? Would you agree that food is just as important as working out?

Would you guess how much weight those plates are? Nah. So you should treat food the exact same.

It's annoying and can drive you insane but I always have my best results when I track my macros and calories

Track your calories and macros. If you're trying to build lean muscle, why guess? Would you agree that food is just as important as working out?

Would you guess how much weight those plates are? Nah. So you should treat food the exact same.

It's annoying and can drive you insane but I always have my best results when I track my macros and calories

That's the thing, I'm not guessing, I do track. But I may be eating too much.

Not about that tracking life. I've tracked calories to get a ballpark of what I need to eat to gain weight but that's it. That would make me eat less probably because it would be a pain.

Not about that tracking life. I've tracked calories to get a ballpark of what I need to eat to gain weight but that's it. That would make me eat less probably because it would be a pain.

But aren't you the one having issues gaining weight? If anything, you of all people should be tracking calories.

Just my honest opinion, not trying to take jabs or anything

But aren't you the one having issues gaining weight? If anything, you of all people should be tracking calories.

Just my honest opinion, not trying to take jabs or anything

Yeah I am. I think I might have it dialed soon though.

It's like this for me. I know it's good to track if you're really trying to be lean and on that body builder look. Or clean bulking. I'm not trying to take the enjoyment out of it though. Then I'll just say screw it, especially in my shoes. I cook the wrong thing at work and have extra food, I'm gonna eat half and give the rest to a friend. That happens all the time and I can't remember it all to log it in my phone later.

I'm just having fun getting bigger and stronger. I've put on 55 pounds in 7 months. I just get frustrated with it sometimes because it slowed down so much for me.

I'm now less than 15 pounds from my goal of 170 so I'm getting there. After that I might focus more on my diet but I don't really want to be lean, just big and big weight.

I'm not acting like my strategy is the best. It's just what I think is good for me.

Yeah I am. I think I might have it dialed soon though.

It's like this for me. I know it's good to track if you're really trying to be lean and on that body builder look. Or clean bulking. I'm not trying to take the enjoyment out of it though. Then I'll just say screw it, especially in my shoes. I cook the wrong thing at work and have extra food, I'm gonna eat half and give the rest to a friend. That happens all the time and I can't remember it all to log it in my phone later.

I'm just having fun getting bigger and stronger. I've put on 55 pounds in 7 months. I just get frustrated with it sometimes because it slowed down so much for me.

I'm now less than 15 pounds from my goal of 170 so I'm getting there. After that I might focus more on my diet but I don't really want to be lean, just big and big weight.

I'm not acting like my strategy is the best. It's just what I think is good for me.

For sure, I was genuinely interested in your thoughts. Thanks for sharing homie

I agree, everybody is different. And everyone's body is different. Like I said earlier, if you're trying to get the body builder look then tracking is a must IMO.

I'm personally trying to clean bulk and get stronger. I know the body will follow after that.

At my strongest I was hitting 225 on bench and 300 on bench/deadlift. I had surgery on my back last year and had to take a few months off to fully let it heal. Now my goal right now is to get to this numbers again. Once I do, I'll probably cut a little bit before the summer time. And then set new goals from there

Word. That's my goal on bench 225 a few reps, I finally got a partner who can do pyramids with me on bench.

Goal on dl is 500. :lol: we'll see how long that takes. I want to rep that too. Not just one and done.

It's all just for fun and a hobby anyways. Got sick of being frail and 110# and knowing me I just push everything.

That would really suck to sit out for months after a surgery.

Last edited:
Looking for good resources on the keto diet. Especially food sources. I've never tried it before and would like to for the next month or two.

Main criteria I have when I clean bulk is my waistline.. If my waistline is getting bigger..

This

+ I work with a weighing scale.

If my waist and weight is going up,that means I am eating too much and must cut down .

If waist stays the same but weight goes up as well as looking more defined. Then I am in the clear.

Simple but I don't really track macros.

Back
Top Bottom