STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

If you foam roll your lower back and manage to get hurt. Guess what, it wasnt the foam rolling that was the problem. Your baby-soft body and lack of muscles caused that injury.

"There are no structures in your lower back that can help protect your spine" [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]. Come on guys.
No one said that though
indifferent.gif

The lumbar region is more vulnerable simply because there is not as much musculature compared to the thoracic spine.

human-body-muscular-system-diagram-54519b298c0db.jpg

So, I was snowed in yerterday. I probably consumed 4500 calories and burned 13.

Btw I'm 4 weeks in on a cut. I feel all kinds of guilty.

Did your doctor explain why?

Couple of reasons:

1) i had back surgery last December. Taking a foam roller on my back without any supervision ain't the best idea period

2) the spine is different than any other bone in the body since it's not just one solid piece. It's made up of several smaller ones that help you bend. There's a lot of nerves as well

3) you can end up foam rolling your kidney and liver

No one said that though :stoneface:

The lumbar region is more vulnerable simply because there is not as much musculature compared to the thoracic spine.

human-body-muscular-system-diagram-54519b298c0db.jpg

Although I'm not a fan of how Durden only posts in here to try and correct people, to his defense it was in the article I posted.

Black coffee does nothing to me.

For the hell of it I tried the Coke and instant coffee mix like 2 months ago. Sent me straight to the porcelain thrown lol

Black coffee does nothing to me.

For the hell of it I tried the Coke and instant coffee mix like 2 months ago. Sent me straight to the porcelain thrown lol

Yeah I drink 3-5 cups of coffee a day :lol: it just helps keep me "normal"

Most PWO are stimulants that you can easily develop a tolerance too. So what do y'all do then? Take more or cycle off?

Yeah I drink 3-5 cups of coffee a day :lol: it just helps keep me "normal"

Most PWO are stimulants that you can easily develop a tolerance too. So what do y'all do then? Take more or cycle off?
I cycle off. never wanna be the dudes that CANT workout without it

Foam roller for the legs and I just started using a tennis ball for my upper back. It's been unbelievably tight and "pinched" and the tennis ball works wonders. Instantly more flexibility.

Back to the green foods powder dicussion -- I juice my veggies for the AM and later in the afternoon combine Chlorella and Spirulina. The stuff is amazing.

Last edited:
Foam roller for the legs and I just started using a tennis ball for my upper back. It's been unbelievably tight and "pinched" and the tennis ball works wonders. Instantly more flexibility.

Back to the green foods powder dicussion -- I juice my veggies for the AM and later in the afternoon combine Chlorella and Spirulina. The stuff is amazing.
Try a golf ball + a yoga block. Thank me later.

Did your doctor explain why?

Couple of reasons:

1) i had back surgery last December. Taking a foam roller on my back without any supervision ain't the best idea period

2) the spine is different than any other bone in the body since it's not just one solid piece. It's made up of several smaller ones that help you bend. There's a lot of nerves as well

3) you can end up foam rolling your kidney and liver

Well yeah if youve had a back injury it MAY not be the best idea, but foam rolling wasnt what caused your back injury.

How does the spine being a series of bones connecting have anything to do with being dangerous for foam rolling?

Again, if you end up "foam rolling your licer and kidney", your problem isnt foam rolling, its whatever muscular disease you probably have.

Plain and simple, its ignorant to say that foam rolling your lower back is dangerous.

Well yeah if youve had a back injury it MAY not be the best idea, but foam rolling wasnt what caused your back injury.

How does the spine being a series of bones connecting have anything to do with being dangerous for foam rolling?

Again, if you end up "foam rolling your licer and kidney", your problem isnt foam rolling, its whatever muscular disease you probably have.

Plain and simple, its ignorant to say that foam rolling your lower back is dangerous.

The spine being made up of smaller bones has everything to do on why it's dangerous. The length of the bones are smaller than the diameter of a foam roller. Therefore you got a series of bones and nerves bending around the foam roller. Not that difficult to understand. And how is applying a force to your liver and kidneys not dangerous? I don't care much muscle you got around there, that **** isn't going to be enough to protect it from a constant force like that. It's unprotected.

And no, it's not because of some sort of muscular disease like you are assuming. You know you don't have to be condescending every time you post in here. We get it. You study this stuff. Step off your high horse

Youre not the only one with a background in science. This is simple physics. Period.

Last edited:

The spine being made up of smaller bones has everything to do on why it's dangerous. The length of the bones are smaller than the diameter of a foam roller. Therefore you got a series of bones and nerves bending around the foam roller. Not that difficult to understand. And how is applying a force to your liver and kidneys not dangerous? I don't care much muscle you got around there, that **** isn't going to be enough to protect it from a constant force like that. It's unprotected.

And no, it's not because of some sort of muscular disease like you are assuming. You know you don't have to be condescending every time you post in here. We get it. You study this stuff. Step off your high horse

Youre not the only one with a background in science. This is simple physics. Period.

This isnt even high horse stuff. You cant come in here and start throwing around non-sense and get defensive when things are being questioned.

Is stretching the lower back dangerous? Is a massage dangerous? Is yoga dangerous?

Lol the lower spine is not so fragile that a foam roller is going to wreck it

The doctor you were talking about doesn't seem to know what he's talking about.

Sometimes a medical degree doesn't exempt you from being stupid.

Believe me. I work in health care. I work with stupid doctors all the time :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom