STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

If I don't have my gummy bears within 30 min I grow nasty

But for real, been forgetting about that insulin spike smh. Is it that important? I've seen differing opinions on it. Durden, care to chime in?

Is it important?, no its really not.

I can think of at least 6-8 more important things for muscle growth than the insulin spike.

There is a lot of evidence that shows it has a role, but in the grand scheme of things its low on the list. I wouldnt be worried about it.

Well damn. The kid just cracked 160! 170 and I'm done. None of my clothes fit as it is besides tee shirts.
Congrats bro! I know the struggle with the clothes! If the scale at the gym is right I'm at 185. 5 pounds away from my goal.

Edit: yoo lol. That's why I see the random gummy bear popers in the locker room??

Last edited:

I can think of at least 6-8 more important things for muscle growth than the insulin spike.

There is a lot of evidence that shows it has a role, but in the grand scheme of things its low on the list. I wouldnt be worried about it.
What are these 6-8 things you speak of?

Well damn. The kid just cracked 160! 170 and I'm done. None of my clothes fit as it is besides tee shirts.
I was around 250-260lbs in November at 6'4". I recently weighed myself and it was 240.2lbs. Dope! My weightlifting strength has fallen off considerably (mainly squats, my deadlifts are still okay), but my bodyweight movements are getting easier.
Good work fellas 
pimp.gif
 Embrace the Grind word to DC

I NEED HELP FELLAS.

I workout at least 4 times a week. So everytime i finish my workout i get really bloated and gassy and usually my stomache is empty. I deaded my hydrowhey protein shake becuase i thought it would help with the feeling, but it doesnt.

WhAt is my issue. Any insight would be appreciated. 

I NEED HELP FELLAS.

I workout at least 4 times a week. So everytime i finish my workout i get really bloated and gassy and usually my stomache is empty. I deaded my hydrowhey protein shake becuase i thought it would help with the feeling, but it doesnt.

I have no clue, but giving information like what you eat through out the day and what supps you're taking my help some of the NTers give you advice. 

What are these 6-8 things you speak of?
Consistency, Intensity, Frequency, Volume/Load/Overload, Duration and Calorie intake are all things that come to mind.

Maximizing the post workout spike in insulin after a terrible and dumb workout isnt the most productive thing ever.

Consistency is really the biggest factor. If thats not correct then everything else is meaningless. If its not a habit, nothings gonna happen.

Showing up is literally half the battle. It's pretty cliche but sooo damn true.

Consistency, Intensity, Frequency, Volume/Load/Overload, Duration and Calorie intake are all things that come to mind.

Maximizing the post workout spike in insulin after a terrible and dumb workout isnt the most productive thing ever.

Consistency is really the biggest factor. If thats not correct then everything else is meaningless. If its not a habit, nothings gonna happen.

Showing up is literally half the battle. It's pretty cliche but sooo damn true.
Can you post more on the Volume/Load/Overload and Duration ???

I NEED HELP FELLAS.

How's your breathing?

Can you post more on the Volume/Load/Overload and Duration ???
Volume- total number of sets and reps

Load- heavy or light in terms of weight used

Overload- progressive overload is adding weight to each workout over time

Duration- time spent lifting or length of program you are running

Add personal pride and ego to the list. Having a healthy ego is a good thing in regards to the gym imo. You won't be elite if you believe you lack the ability. This keeps complacency at bay. I remember this guy on reddit fitness answered a question about why he goes to the gym by saying it gives his ego substance. That's something I haven't forgotten. This doesn't mean putting others down. You're building yourself up.

having personal pride and ego will not directly improve muscle growth. personal pride may lead to consistency and ego may contribute to working out with intensity but it's the behavior, not the mindset, that provides tangible results.

Some random chick at work from a different department mirin ya boy's gains. Told me how nice and big my shoulders were. Even snuck in a feel

Lowkey felt nice LOL

I beg to differ. I'm Indian so maybe it means more to me than others. I've heard too many times from people in my ethnicity that we just don't have it physically when it comes down to it. That we are predisposed to being "skinny fat." These guys go into the gym expecting mediocre results and are okay with them as well. They don't believe in their potential.

Last edited:
I beg to differ. I'm Indian so maybe it means more to me than others. I've heard too many times from people in my ethnicity that we just don't have it physically when it comes down to it. That we are predisposed to being "skinny fat." These guys go into the gym expecting mediocre results and are okay with them as well. They don't believe in their potential.

I know what you're talking about but that's pretty much included in the list given. Consistency, intensity, volume, etc. Your actions are what matter. If you need ego to get it done, cool. If you don't, cool. Personal pride doesn't matter at all if you don't put in the work.

been out for like 2-3 weeks. first i get hit with a sinus infection, then with a damn stomach flu. had to eat/drink nothing but water and apple sauce.

lost about 6 lbs smh. finally hit the gym again after recovering and I got so damn weak 
sick.gif

If I don't have my gummy bears within 30 min I grow nasty

But for real, been forgetting about that insulin spike smh. Is it that important? I've seen differing opinions on it. Durden, care to chime in?

IS THIS WHY I'VE SEEN MULTIPLE "BROS" PULL OUT GUMMY WORMS IMMEDIATELY AFTER THEIR WORKOUT?!

I've skimmed some things on insulin spike and protein absorption, but never put 2+2 together; I just figured those guys really liked gummy worms :lol:

This gif is so versatile, can be used almost as much as the Guile from street fighter theme.

I want more definition, but I don't want the burn my hard earned muscle. My only cardio is basketball, and I do less than hour sessions. Help.

I have the bulk, but I need the wimmenz to get wet.

Last edited:
I'm glad you said that, because I've noticed a lot of skinny fat Indian guys  
laugh.gif

I'm glad you said that, because I've noticed a lot of skinny fat Indian guys  
laugh.gif
How can you tell just by looking if someone is "skinny fat"?

Back
Top Bottom