STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Just canceled my gym membership because the building engineer came up to me and my bro while we were deadlifting 405 and told us to stop dropping the weights because apparently it shuts down an elevator.. ************ expected us to gingerly drop that much weight while doing reps....Should have dropped that **** on his toes. He said if we continue he would call the cops.

We told him to talk to staff while we finished our set. We were pissed because any other establishment would not let an outsider tell their clients on what and what not do....none of the staff said a goddamn thing to us but this clown is gonna interrupt our favorite lift session. So management comes and tells us to lift light for the night....we tell them **** off and cancelled our memberships on the spot.

Pissed we didn't finish the workout. I was gonna go for
5 plates(and probably fail)

Any gym recommendations in DC would be appreciated.
So you could've just went "lighter" until he left and not have to worry about him again but cancelled your gym and didn't even finish your workout? Unless he's there 24/7 I don't get it.

that's cause you haven't been around the screamer who's doing a lmao1plate square or 95 on the bench.
This.^

Alot of that dropping is crazy unnecessary. I see that all the time and seems like most are dropping just to drop. Because its what theyve seen others do and feel it makes them seem cool.
Not saying everyone does that for that reason but when i see a 6'2 250lb guy overhead pressing 85pbs and dropping it from the height of his chest. I think thats a douche move

Last edited:
If the weight is one of those tiny 10 pound plates that can get bent when you drop them then sure, it's not a good look to drop the bar. But once you get to the 25 pound plates and up, I don't see why not drop every single rep. Those plates can definitely handle the dropping.

This... 10lbs and 15lbs are not meant to be dropped. We're told this at oly gyms if they're bumper plates...

Also dropping the empty bar from the overhead position. :lol:

Obviously gym isn't conducive to your lifting....go somewhere else you made the correct decision and probably did the gym a favor since if the elevator gets stuck due to your deadlifting thats on them to fix i would assume. So you are saving them money by leaving.

Do you guys think steroids will eventually be legal? Or more legal...like its crazy to me how easy it is (according to dudes at Golds gym by me) to get Test. Like regular dudes got all sorts of roll-on stuff. They are like yeah just go to your doctor and blah blah blah.

Same. That white pair is looking too clean and I think it looks the best. Esp with that flyknit. Hopefully its not too expensive 
sick.gif
$200 probably 

Not all bumper plates are meant to be dropped, Oly platform or not. I just had to tell a member last week to stop dropping his bar cause he was doing cleans and dropping it from the catch position every single rep. Just depends on where you are. In a crossfit bid, sure, but in a chain gym especially when it's a light weight you're just overdoing it a little. His argument was that they're bumper plates but they're not Olympic lifting plates. Big difference.
Explain the difference please 

That garage gym reviews site ain't working for me. Tried to go through that link and the regular site it's not loading on my computer or phone. Can somebody post pics of the Romaleos in here?

i just don't get why some gyms want to be a library. Makes for a really lame gym. I'd rather be around the weights being dropped and screaming bros. doesn't bother me at all.
that's cause you haven't been around the screamer who's doing a lmao1plate square or 95 on the bench.

Yes I have. There is a cross fit lame at my gym who rocks wrist wraps and doesn't go over 135.

"Going for a two piece!!!!" @135

People having a good time doesn't bother me as long as they aren't affecting me. I just chuckle and do my thing.

225x3 FRONT SQUAT PR FOR YOUR BOY! Thanks to krispy kreme doughnuts

idk how to post vids here but if yall wanna follow progress for motivational purposes hit me up on snap :D

papigordit0

Lets help each other be great

I'm not one to judge gym bros but there was a dude in my gym Monday who got pinned doing like 185. Now I know it happens to the best of us and that ego will cloud your judgement to thinking you can get another set up so I have no issue with him getting pinned. But when I helped him get it off his chest I noticed he had a tank on that said "less talky more lifty" :lol:

I'm not one to judge gym bros but there was a dude in my gym Monday who got pinned doing like 185. Now I know it happens to the best of us and that ego will cloud your judgement to thinking you can get another set up so I have no issue with him getting pinned. But when I helped him get it off his chest I noticed he had a tank on that said "less talky more lifty"
laugh.gif
He's so about his lift that he doesn't want to ask someone for a spot. 
laugh.gif

I'm never really hurt so bad that I can't work out. But I have a nagging pain in my left hip right now. Just when I was pain free for a little less than a week too.

225x3 FRONT SQUAT PR FOR YOUR BOY! Thanks to krispy kreme doughnuts

idk how to post vids here but if yall wanna follow progress for motivational purposes hit me up on snap
happy.gif

papigordit0

Lets help each other be great
What up bro! 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
I'm not one to judge gym bros but there was a dude in my gym Monday who got pinned doing like 185. Now I know it happens to the best of us and that ego will cloud your judgement to thinking you can get another set up so I have no issue with him getting pinned. But when I helped him get it off his chest I noticed he had a tank on that said "less talky more lifty"
laugh.gif
This is who started that dumbass saying 
laugh.gif

https://www.instagram.com/jim_brakewood_jr/?hl=en

I'm not one to judge gym bros but there was a dude in my gym Monday who got pinned doing like 185. Now I know it happens to the best of us and that ego will cloud your judgement to thinking you can get another set up so I have no issue with him getting pinned. But when I helped him get it off his chest I noticed he had a tank on that said "less talky more lifty" :lol:

This is why I hate doing light weight until failure. People walk in and see my whole body shaking, wheezing and screaming trying to put up that last rep at 135 Looks so bad :lol:

True story, I got pinned at 135 once and some lady came over and helped me get out. She asked if I was done, then threw a 25 on each side, hit me with the :smh:, then proceeded to do her multiple sets.

But yes, if you're getting pinned while wearing a douche tee, then you get what you deserve.

That's why you check your ego at the door and get a spot if you're doing something you know you can't do..

And the whole point of going to failure is to go to failure.. So should have a spot for that

True story, I got pinned at 135 once and some lady came over and helped me get out.

:rofl:

I used to do push-ups til failure then go straight into lady push-ups til failure for about two or three sets. Went to the gym and got pinned under 135 after a marathon push-up session. Looked over and seen some dudes I hoop with laughing at me :smh:. No point in even trying to explain yourself at that point.

i got pinned under 115lbs when i first started lifting. Thought i was doing it moving to 35lb plates from the 25s and rep three was a no go. Had to do the roll down my body and slither out.

Romaleo 3s look tough. Can't wait

Back
Top Bottom