STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Hey, first time posting here but I figured I'd ask since I just graduated college and have been noticing lack of motivation when it comes to the gym and have been fluctuating weight pretty substantially the past few months (5-10 lbs a day).

I've been lifting pretty seriously for about 6-7 years (at least 4 times a week, generally 5-6 times a week in the past few years when I was a full time student). I'm 6'2, 190 and pretty happy with my general fitness level/body fat but feel as though I've been getting weaker due to long hours at work (where I do a lot of physical activity), financial stress, etc. and it seems to make me complacent in the gym.

For instance, I used to lift 2-3 hours a session and looked forward to it every day, but now I feel as though I've plateaued and am lucky to make it through an hour and a half without getting bored...

Any suggestions for how to combat this and motivate myself? I realize it has to be something I want (and I do), but I feel burned out from going through the same motions to the same songs over and over if that makes sense... TIA

Switch up your workouts.

Find something to motivate you again. Set some goals.

A bunch of little short term goals are the best IMO if you're lacking motivation. Tell yourself you wanna look/feel good for some random event 3 weeks from now :lol:

Hey, first time posting here but I figured I'd ask since I just graduated college and have been noticing lack of motivation when it comes to the gym and have been fluctuating weight pretty substantially the past few months (5-10 lbs a day).

I've been lifting pretty seriously for about 6-7 years (at least 4 times a week, generally 5-6 times a week in the past few years when I was a full time student). I'm 6'2, 190 and pretty happy with my general fitness level/body fat but feel as though I've been getting weaker due to long hours at work (where I do a lot of physical activity), financial stress, etc. and it seems to make me complacent in the gym.

For instance, I used to lift 2-3 hours a session and looked forward to it every day, but now I feel as though I've plateaued and am lucky to make it through an hour and a half without getting bored...

Any suggestions for how to combat this and motivate myself? I realize it has to be something I want (and I do), but I feel burned out from going through the same motions to the same songs over and over if that makes sense... TIA

Mix up your workout routine. Anything will get boring if youre doing the same thing over and over again. Maybe shorten your workout each time since you said you feel like 2/3hrs is hard to get thru these days.

Also 5-10lbs a day?? I hope thats a typo lol

1. Never be satisfied. Set new goals.

2. Find new workouts. Youtube is a great source.

3. For me, I find the hardest thing sometimes isn't actually the workout itself. Its getting in the car, drinking the pre workout, and driving to the gym.

I know u know all about it lol. Its a serious function, esp with that older generation.

Ofcourse lol. People be shocked when i say i dont drink much tea. I used to drink green tea heavy but thats it. My brother would buy those teas that has like their thing. Like one is for a "calm stomach" or another one is called "stay relaxed" ...those types. do those even work ? :lol:

Ofcourse lol. People be shocked when i say i dont drink much tea. I used to drink green tea heavy but thats it. My brother would buy those teas that has like their thing. Like one is for a "calm stomach" or another one is called "stay relaxed" ...those types. do those even work ? :lol:

Probably. I know tea is a herb and its basically a medicinal thing. Each type of tea is used for a purpose or to help with sickness. I dunno which teas help best with what tho lol. I usually just dash some ginger in my tea when im feeling sick or some honey.

1. Never be satisfied. Set new goals.
2. Find new workouts. Youtube is a great source.
3. For me, I find the hardest thing sometimes isn't actually the workout itself. Its getting in the car, drinking the pre workout, and driving to the gym.

Word. I feel like this thread is added motivation. I come here and see everyone posting what they did and PRs they hit. It has me like "**** if so and so hit the gym today and put in work then why cant i?"

Probably. I know tea is a herb and its basically a medicinal thing. Each type of tea is used for a purpose or to help with sickness. I dunno which teas help best with what tho lol. I usually just dash some ginger in my tea when im feeling sick or some honey.

Yo you aint lyin man, that ginger tea ALWAYS comes through in the cold weather..

I figured out my uneven trap problem yesterday when I was doing curls.

I didn't have my right are out as much as I did on my left so. Ow when I'm doing hammer curls I can feel the muscle working more than it has before . Dumbbell press got better .
My stamina sucks or I'm. It drinking enough water.......or both.

Try doing hammer curls bent over, that way only your biceps are doing most of the work. Id post a vid as an example but im on my phone, pm me if u dont know what im talking bout bro

Refeed day today. I woke up looking a little better. That's always good.

Woke up with a sore throat too [emoji]128529[/emoji][emoji]128529[/emoji][emoji]128529[/emoji]

Still going in to get it tho it's pouring rain and cold af in bx [emoji]128549[/emoji] wish I had my whip.

Last edited:
I feel y'all.

Used my first PTO day of the year yesterday bc I was sick.

This flu shot better not let me get sick. Cause it makes me sick every time I get one to make the system stronger, i suppose. Just copped Dayquil.

Why can't it rain on my off days [emoji]128542[/emoji][emoji]128532[/emoji]

Least I got to work from home today. But I still got class at 4pm. Sigh.

Last edited:
This flu shot better not let me get sick. Cause it makes me sick every time I get one to make the system stronger, i suppose. Just copped Dayquil.

Why can't it rain on my off days [emoji]128542[/emoji][emoji]128532[/emoji]

Least I got to work from home today. But I still got class at 4pm. Sigh.

You have to get the shot to confuse the body, to make the body stronger, to get more gains......right babe?! Babe?! **Rich Piana** voice lol

flu shot had me sick.... was more of a scratching of the throat feeling. copped some halls and took my multi's.... was good to go the next day.

Last edited:
What's the ratio of pull-ups to the lat pull down machine? I can do a legit pull-up but can't latpull anywhere close to my bodyweight

I'm at my favorite bakery in ny and I'm about to go ham on the sweets

They still got cronuts at 1pm! Slow day!

#teamnoabs
#thisisallmine
#oppositeoffitness

Last edited:
This question is geared towards NTers w/ big quads and calves... What kind of jeans do you guys wear? I used to rock the Levi 508 but those are discontinued. Looking to cop some new jeans but not sure where to start

What's the ratio of pull-ups to the lat pull down machine? I can do a legit pull-up but can't latpull anywhere close to my bodyweight

Are you even doing a real pull up? Or are you doing crossfit pull ups? There really is no correlation but you should be doing decent numbers if you kill a good number of proper pull-ups

This question is geared towards NTers w/ big quads and calves... What kind of jeans do you guys wear? I used to rock the Levi 508 but those are discontinued. Looking to cop some new jeans but not sure where to start

541 athletic cut is good for that

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom