STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I'm gonna throw this out there.......I think I saw a thing on the Crossfit creator on like 60 Minutes or something. To me, it seemed like it had a good "start", but what it has become is maybe not what was quite intended?? Lol. Maybe.....I don't know. I mean, isn't it really just what most gym go-ers would consider circuit training????
I mean slightly exaggerated and with some interesting (what I think is ridiculous) routines, but hey, who am I to judge. Everyone has the right to do whatever they want and at least they are off the couch and being more active.

Oh no 
laugh.gif

I'm gonna throw this out there.......I think I saw a thing on the Crossfit creator on like 60 Minutes or something. To me, it seemed like it had a good "start", but what it has become is maybe not what was quite intended?? Lol. Maybe.....I don't know. I mean, isn't it really just what most gym go-ers would consider circuit training????
I mean slightly exaggerated and with some interesting (what I think is ridiculous) routines, but hey, who am I to judge. Everyone has the right to do whatever they want and at least they are off the couch and being more active.

All this. . Thats all it is. Circuit training with a name.

Like taking a polyester shirt and stamping drifit on it. Boom branding.

Well I'll be damn... :lol:

I've seen gym goer "circuit training/cross training"...its cringeworthy and horrible to watch.

And, for your information Tdogg, CF isn't just about metabolic conditioning. With the proper and correct program it target not only metabolic conditioning, but muscular strength (deadlift, strict press, bench, squats- we have max out after 6-8 weeks depending on the cycle), cardiovascular conditioning, flexibility, body composition, etc.

In fact, how about you just stick to running since you want cardio. You don't need no damn kettle bell, box jump, battle ropes, etc and any crap you was doing :lol:

Last edited:
anyone else feel stronger when lifting on an empty stomach? came home at 4 am this morning from a long NY trip and woke up at 2:30 PM. Wetn to the gym at 3 without eating nothing. Felt tired af but damn I killed chest and tri. everything was feeling light. All I had was a pre workout lol.

So a trainer at the gym suggested I do shoulder presses with your elbows in front of you vs at the sides. Since my right shoulder kills when I do overhead presses with DBs.

Much harder to do but felt zero pain. Went light but did decent reps and sets. Good to feel that shoulder burn again
Just do arnold presses 
laugh.gif

same thing happened to me this weekend :smh:

it didn't prevent me from doing anything, but it is really uncomfortable :x

I think I'm gonna take a break from the gym. I've been having this pain on my clavicle/shoulder area. About two weeks ago I slept on my arm and I've had that pain. Yesterday it felt way worse so I decided to just rest it for a week

Just catching up - I'm going through the exact same thing myself. I was doing dips and shoulder exercises last Saturday and felt fine; the next morning I woke up with a pain in my clavicle/shoulder/pec area. I worked out all last week and felt uncomfortable, but just powered through it anyway.

I'm chalking it up to a strain/pull or just overuse. I took a few days off and I feel better now.

Doing chest tomorrow, hopefully I can get through it pain free.

To my SS Elf and Participants, I'm sending out your gifts next week.

Be on the look out.

Don't forget to email the confirmation of shipping info.

Back in the gym after a week off. Hit chest and tris today. Got 260x2x2 on bench, that was my 1rm. Going for 270x2x2 next week.

Barx5
135x5
225x5
245x5
260x2x2

135x20

Back/bicep tomorrow, back feels good but gonna take it easy tomorrow. Gonna start another 10wk ed coan program this weekend, going for 445.

We have a heavy emphasis on Oly lifts...the metabolic conditioning is a small part of what we do.

Your gym is only as good as it's programming.

Still sort of doesnt answer why though...to be strong....to be in shape...to lose weight.

I would say its not your gym is as good as its programming.
But the person themselves are only as good as their commitment

Last edited:
Hittin the gym now. Gonna see how it goes with this damn thing on. Postponing chest to tomorrow

Have you ever done 1 1/2's.. ?
I do them once or twice a month.
Basically while doing chest press bring it down to the chest..go half way up. Back down. Then back up for a full rep. Thats 1 1/2. Do that for about 10 reps. However many sets. Helps with explosion. Youll pike it and hate it. Great work out

Have you ever done 1 1/2's.. ?
I do them once or twice a month.
Basically while doing chest press bring it down to the chest..go half way up. Back down. Then back up for a full rep. Thats 1 1/2. Do that for about 10 reps. However many sets. Helps with explosion. Youll pike it and hate it. Great work out

So a rep and a half is 1 rep? Ima try that next chest day. Does sound like itll help get the weight up quicker.

Back
Top Bottom