STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

OHP is a tough lift to max for, theres a fine line between warming up too much or not enough and going to close to your projected max.

For 195 it should probably go like this:

Bar x 1-3x10
95x5
135x3
165x1
185x1
195x1

You could possibly do away with the 165, just depends if you want to make a 50 pound jump and risk the weight "feeling" heavier.
This is pretty identical to what i did/do

OHP is a tough lift to max for, theres a fine line between warming up too much or not enough and going to close to your projected max.

For 195 it should probably go like this:

Bar x 1-3x10
95x5
135x3
165x1
185x1
195x1

You could possibly do away with the 165, just depends if you want to make a 50 pound jump and risk the weight "feeling" heavier.

Ima try this scheme next time i do ohp. Good looks

5th set @335 off 2" deficit 5x5@ 335. I know the last two were gross.

to each their own but i certainly wouldn't warm up, then go straight in to a max, that sounds like a set up for disaster.... What other lift would ever possibly do that with???
would you warm up squat 135 then throw 315 on there??? same for bench same for deadlift...

lol i mean go ahead and try it.:rofl: . just my lowly opinion anyway.

Lol naw i wouldnt jump from warm up straight to 195. I think doing sets of triples combined with doing other lifts before had me gassed. If i just went up by singles i think i can hit it.

Lol u right 135 to 315 would be disaster
I never said jump from 135 to 315 I just said limit the sets. Lmao if only people learned how to read. Talk about dumb :rofl:

When I pulled 425x2 I did warm ups of 225 and maybe 275 but my first set was in the low 3's (340), second and third set was mid-high 3s, last set was 4

I don't need to do od warm ups cause my first working sets are usually like a warm up. By the time I hit my last heavy set I'm good.

Only compound I do heavy single first is bench. I'll warm up wits 135 and 185 then go for my heavy single reps.

During OHP I'll warm up with the bar and do side/front raises with a light plate in between sets to warm up. Plus again my first working sets are 80%. LaSt week I hit 175x2 last set. So if i was just going for a 1RM i would do my my warm ups like this:

Barx5-8
115x5
135x5
155x3-5
175x1

But what do I know. Some people require more warm ups. Some dont need that much. Find what works for your body through testing. That just my lowly opinion.

Last edited:
Gains sunday

Did 80 floors on the stairmaster

4x8 140 ohp
4x5 255 bench
4x8225 bench

Bunch of accessory crap mostly arm and back

At 161 ish trying to get to 165 by next sunday

Gains is coming along nicely....hitting that stage in april bahahhaah

Gains sunday

4x8 140 ohp
4x5 255 bench
4x8225 bench

Bunch of accessory crap mostly arm and back

At 161 ish trying to get to 165 by next sunday

Gains is coming along nicely....hitting that stage in april bahahhaah

Dat bench skrong; especially at your weight. What's your max?

Never did my 1rm yet im hold off till i reach my goal limit...man it feels good to be big...lmao

I think i can hit 275 at least once...i work out alone so its hard for me to go all the way in

nothing like hitting chest then finishing it off with 3 drafts of beers to add to the carb-age :smokin

Last edited:

Nah bro those were clean, just take your time and slow down, getting strong is a marathon not a sprint.

Reset after every rep so you can brace properly. 

True, get your lats tight and leant back on your heels etc.

Thanks ahat.
I quoted you but it got erased lol.

But yeah take your time with it.

You were deadlifting like the front desk just announced the gym was closing in 5 on the intercom lmao.

But good lift.

Jesus Christ. I hit 20 and I'm gassed. My cardio is also trash though

Never did my 1rm yet im hold off till i reach my goal limit...man it feels good to be big...lmao

I think i can hit 275 at least once...i work out alone so its hard for me to go all the way in

nothing like hitting chest then finishing it off with 3 drafts of beers to add to the carb-age :smokin

Bro I'm sure you can do more than 275 once if you're hitting 255 5 times. Prolly closer to 295 for your 1rm.

Nah bro those were clean, just take your time and slow down, getting strong is a marathon not a sprint.

Reset after every rep so you can brace properly. 

True, get your lats tight and leant back on your heels etc.

Thanks ahat.
I quoted you but it got erased lol.

But yeah take your time with it.

You were deadlifting like the front desk just announced the gym was closing in 5 on the intercom lmao.

But good lift.

:lol: true. I was battling a case of the dizzys too and trying to hammer out that last set. Didn't eat enough.

I was watching YouTube tutorials on "how to bench"....

Man that shhh is complicated.
The part that I can't get comfortable with yet is with leg drive. Driving my body backwards on the bench using my feet, while keeping my butt on the bench, while arching my lower back, while pinching my scapulas together...I feel like I do most of that already /naturally, to a certain degree ....but adding the leg drive is mad awkward

Maaaaan went for 280 on bench, got it up couldnt lock it out :smh:. Gonna attempt it again next week.

I was watching YouTube tutorials on "how to bench"....

Man that shhh is complicated.
The part that I can't get comfortable with yet is with leg drive. Driving my body backwards on the bench using my feet, while keeping my butt on the bench, while arching my lower back, while pinching my scapulas together...I feel like I do most of that already /naturally, to a certain degree ....but adding the leg drive is mad awkward
Are you more into strength training than bodybuilding?

I found that with strength training, its a lot more to understand and more muscles used 
laugh.gif

Going to try to hit 1000k in a day in a month or so. PR total is like 1055 but spread through several years. Shooting for 315 squat, 300 bench, and 405 dead. Will be a bench PR, assuming I hit it. 7 months sober from booze and partying, down like 15-20 lbs, and feelin pretty damn good :smokin

Going to try to hit 1000k in a day in a month or so. PR total is like 1055 but spread through several years. Shooting for 315 squat, 300 bench, and 405 dead. Will be a bench PR, assuming I hit it. 7 months sober from booze and partying, down like 15-20 lbs, and feelin pretty damn good :smokin

Good **** bro. :pimp: :pimp:

I need to stop drinking myself man, I feel like it holds my gains back because when I drink, I DRINK.

Body be ******* wrecked the next day and alcohol messes with protein synthesis and recovery.

I wanna just keep it green and psychs only but literally everybody around me is heavy drinkers.

Last edited:
Edit to not be petty :rofl:

?? Im confused

Good **** bro. :pimp: :pimp:

I need to stop drinking myself man, I feel like it holds my gains back because when I drink, I DRINK.

Body be ******* wrecked the next day and alcohol messes with protein synthesis and recovery.

I wanna just keep it green and psychs only but literally everybody around me is heavy drinkers.

Mind over matter bro. All my homies smoke MAD green. I use to stay blunted, i mean a pack of backwoods for myself a day. When i quit id still kick it with them and theyd be passin blunt after blunt but i wouldnt touch em.

Are you more into strength training than bodybuilding?

I found that with strength training, its a lot more to understand and more muscles used :lol:
Tbh kinda both right now... I know ppl say pick one and stick with that and I agree. I'm tryin to hit a couple strength goals that I'm kinda close to, then switch up to more aesthetics,endurance and also thinking about bball. I don't think lifting heavy helps me much for bball but I enjoy it though

What do you all do to be able to stay committed to working out regularly after the addition of a new child? 

Been lurking this thread for the past six months or so. Got serious about getting fit and losing my gut maybe 2-3 months ago. Made a lot of progress, I was overweight and lazy. But on two days notice, I finished one of those Spartan races with the obstacles and all that yesterday. Huge accomplishment in my eyes because my stamina is terrible and I wasn't sure how I would hold up. Hoping to contribute to this thread more since I'm trying to make major strides for next summer.

Been lurking this thread for the past six months or so. Got serious about getting fit and losing my gut maybe 2-3 months ago. Made a lot of progress, I was overweight and lazy. But on two days notice, I finished one of those Spartan races with the obstacles and all that yesterday. Huge accomplishment in my eyes because my stamina is terrible and I wasn't sure how I would hold up. Hoping to contribute to this thread more since I'm trying to make major strides for next summer.
200w_s.gif

Back
Top Bottom