STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Alright here's the video of 280. This was after hitting 275 clean. Idk if I got it though. I asked the spotter (random guy) if he helped me and he said no. He was just touching it but didn't help... Idk though..either it felt like he did help or I somehow broke though the part where I got stuck for a second. Y'all can be the judge

I started intermittent fasting a week ago. Went from 245.6 to 240.2.
I have maintained an eating window of between 8-10 hours daily.
(fasting window of 16 to 14 hrs) Never have seen this much results
before ( not that I have tried much).. Im tryna get to 210. I'll let yall know
when I hit.

Alright here's the video of 280. This was after hitting 275 clean. Idk if I got it though. I asked the spotter (random guy) if he helped me and he said no. He was just touching it but didn't help... Idk though..either it felt like he did help or I somehow broke though the part where I got stuck for a second. Y'all can be the judge
Touching does something psychologically and it's funny that, when he touched it, you stopped struggling and it flew up, but when he let go, you went back struggling.

It doesn't look like he "helped", but this is why I hate spotters who don't know me and just touch as soon as you struggle. Then it feels like they helped, even if they say they didn't.

I'm the type of person to have to do it again for the mental clarity, lol. I'd say try it again though, before attemping 285 or whatever.

At least he didnt grab the bar and do an upright row.

Agree with sound, id do it again. I always feel better when i hit it and they nevr touched the bar.

Another thing i hate about spotters touching the bar too early is even if i fail i dont know how far i got myself,so i can never judge how close i am to hittinf that weight

I used to tell them "Wait 3 seconds and if I haven't pushed or it starts to go down, grab it"

I train with my cousin now, so he knows. but if I was still riding solo, I'd just throw the weight off, side by side. I hate when people grab the bar before you even have a fighting chance smh

thanks for the responses. imma give it another go next week. i need that mental clarity as well. still satisfied with hitting 275 after failing it before, but im hunry for that 280.

W W)taps Good work bro! Making me want to retest my 1RM. I’ve only flat benched once since my last record at 255 about a month and a half ago. Been strictly incline DB. Should have some kind of positive effect. Might try to get 80s up for multiple reps/sets (currently working on a 5x5 or 4x6 on 75) before going back to flat.

Why max out next week again? Give it a couple of weeks, then go for it again. Maxing out back to back is not the best way to go about it i think .

Why max out next week again? Give it a couple of weeks, then go for it again. Maxing out back to back is not the best way to go about it i think .

i would normally agree with this for squats and DL but not for a bench. despite being a compound, its not as taxing on your cns as a DL and squat imo.

keep in mind, i maxed out last week with 275 and failed. re-tested again and hit it + almost hit 280.

How do you know you weren't able to hit 280 because it was to soon tho? Maybe you could have hit it had you waited a couple of weeks before maxing out again?

How do you know you weren't able to hit 280 because it was to soon tho? Maybe you could have hit it had you waited a couple of weeks before maxing out again?

I hit 275 which was a huge PR for me before I tried 280. i was feeling good but I wasn't at 100% anymore. despite resting I already used energy that wasnt coming back. who knows, you could be right. but im pretty sure I can get it next time.

Close gripped 315 for 2 (no spot :lol:)on arm day last Friday. My wrists hurt after that :lol::smh:

Savage over here

Finding a decent spotter......

I wait until I see the weights going down.....them I put my hands under and make people work for that last rep. No free rides here lol

Exactly what i do.

I stay telling fools dont touch the bar til it stops moving. When i hit 285 on incline dudes grabbing the bar tryna help lift off, nah yo im good if i want a lift off ill ask for it

I hit 275 which was a huge PR for me before I tried 280. i was feeling good but I wasn't at 100% anymore. despite resting I already used energy that wasnt coming back. who knows, you could be right. but im pretty sure I can get it next time.

Word, maybe going for it after u hit 275 was too soon. Whenever that happens to me i feel like i was getting greedy lol

@Black Adam

Dude that’s funny you mention frequency. I used to hammer on my bench and squats 3x a week and didn’t really get anywhere.

They way I do it is 5/3/1 then I’ll bust out some more reps after. Then I move to pause reps or bands depending on the lift then I move to accessories.

I pretty much disregard the deload weeks too. I just do some body building stuff with lighter weight.

Just goes to show how everyone is different.

45 minutes? Maybe if Im doing a quick arm session. 1.5-2 hours has always been my time frame.

I’m actually lifting 45- hour.

I might **** around a while longer talking to brahs and Sahs or doing stuff I’m not good at like ohp.

W W)taps
U got that 280 next time bro, I think hitting your 1rm 275 right before it made that 280 harder than it will be next week with a good rep scheme. U basically got 280 anyway so I think u got it next time clean.
Good stuff man!

Pull Day 1/28/18

175 was feeling incredibly hard today. I’ve been getting close to doing a 5x5 on it, but I’m dealing with a light sickness right now. All in all a great workout.

Underhand Barbell Rows
Set 1: 135 lb × 5 [Warm Up]
Set 2: 175 lb × 3
Set 3: 155 lb × 8
Set 4: 155 lb × 8
Set 5: 155 lb × 8
Set 6: 155 lb × 7

Asymmetrically Loaded Low Back Extension Hold
Set 1: 1 min, 30 sec
Set 2: 1 min
Set 3: 1 min, 18 sec

One Arm Rotational Cable Pulldown
Set 1: 70 lb × 13
Set 2: 60 lb × 13
Set 3: 60 lb × 15
Set 4: 60 lb × 15

Ab Super Set
Spinning Barbell Plank
Set 1: 95 lb × 1
Set 2: 95 lb × 1

Band Rotational Stability Series
Set 1: 1 sec
Set 2: 1 sec

Bent Over Rear Delt Row DB (ext rotate)
Set 1: 15 lb × 25
Set 2: 20 lb × 16
Set 3: 20 lb × 19
Set 4: 20 lb × 15

Wide DB Curls
Set 1: 15 lb × 18
Set 2: 10 lb × 15
Set 3: 10 lb × 13

DB Bicep Curl (single arm)
Set 1: 15 lb × 5
Set 2: 10 lb × 8
Set 3: 10 lb × 6

DB Drag Curls (Single Arm)
Set 1: 15 lb × 5
Set 2: 10 lb × 8
Set 3: 10 lb × 10

HIGHLY recommend the one arm rotational Cable pulldown. You major stretch in the lat eccentrically because of the overhead position (something you don’t get in bent over rows or DB rows), you get the core involved, and if you externally rotate on the eccentric and internally rotate on the concentric, it reallllly deepens the stretch in the lat. Just remember to to addictive and retract!

Here’s a video for reference:

Back
Top Bottom