Face Pulls 3x10
BB Shrugs 3x12
EZ-Bar Curls 3x10
Hammer Curls 3x8
Hammer Strength Curl 2x10
Reverse Curl 3x10
Wrist Curls 3x15

Not a single pull-up was possible after this :rofl:

's why I kinda hate PPL, all the volume makes supersetting exercises more difficult because you're hitting the same damn muscles on each movement.

IMO, PHAT and Arnold Split are better than PPL because it's easier to go heavy on each lift and you can superset for opposing muscle groups.

I don’t think you need to do that much volume though. There’s so much crossover in terms of muscle activation in every exercise that you don’t need 3 exercises for rhomboids, 3 for lats, 3 for dear delta, 3 for biceps etc.

Rows, pulldowns, chin ups, and pull ups hit every back back muscle and your arms as well. I understand using different variations to hit them differently (wide DB curls vs spider curls, Pendlay Row vs cable row, standing single arm pulldown vs seated wide grip pulldown, etc) but I don’t think you need to fit them all in every session.

I’m on PPL as well, but I’m usually hitting the gym 4 (sometimes 5 days a week depending on how well I’m recovering). I usually don’t go longer than 3-4 days without hitting a particular day.

Volume is important but I think it’s also over emphasized to the point that people keep adding and adding and adding until they’re in the gym for 3 hours a day and then one day start complaining to me about shoulder problems.

I don’t think you need to do that much volume though. There’s so much crossover in terms of muscle activation in every exercise that you don’t need 3 exercises for rhomboids, 3 for lats, 3 for dear delta, 3 for biceps etc.

Rows, pulldowns, chin ups, and pull ups hit every back back muscle and your arms as well. I understand using different variations to hit them differently (wide DB curls vs spider curls, Pendlay Row vs cable row, standing single arm pulldown vs seated wide grip pulldown, etc) but I don’t think you need to fit them all in every session.

I’m on PPL as well, but I’m usually hitting the gym 4 (sometimes 5 days a week depending on how well I’m recovering). I usually don’t go longer than 3-4 days without hitting a particular day.

Volume is important but I think it’s also over emphasized to the point that people keep adding and adding and adding until they’re in the gym for 3 hours a day and then one day start complaining to me about shoulder problems.

Yeah I'm dealing with a mild strain on my right side that's annoying AF. I actually did it trying to massage my left lat :smh:

It's like upper trap/SCM/rhomboid/lat/infraspinatus/teres minor (all posterior). Tough to pinpoint and not OD painful but it feels almost like an overuse/pattern overload type of strain. Not going to do anything this week and then see how it feel this weekend.

So annoying.

Yeah I'm dealing with a mild strain on my right side that's annoying AF. I actually did it trying to massage my left lat :smh:

It's like upper trap/SCM/rhomboid/lat/infraspinatus/teres minor (all posterior). Tough to pinpoint and not OD painful but it feels almost like an overuse/pattern overload type of strain. Not going to do anything this week and then see how it feel this weekend.

So annoying.

When you said right side I figured like one or two muscles or one specific area but it’s your entire side. Was it a gradual onset or the massage itself kicked everything into gear?

When you said right side I figured like one or two muscles or one specific area but it’s your entire side. Was it a gradual onset or the massage itself kicked everything into gear?

I think I just tweaked the right side when I was massaging the left side, the way I was reaching over or something. Possibly aggravated by too much rowing on Saturday. Should have given it more time. Hoping it's something that just resolves itself quickly. Definitely feels like mostly trapezius and some of the other scapulae muscles.

I think I just tweaked the right side when I was massaging the left side, the way I was reaching over or something. Possibly aggravated by too much rowing on Saturday. Should have given it more time. Hoping it's something that just resolves itself quickly. Definitely feels like mostly trapezius and some of the other scapulae muscles.

Yeah probably just a strain in that case.

Tried 330...got it halfway up,and that was that.

Bench
135x10
225x5
260x3
295x1
330 fail
275x3x3
225x10

Db bench
Pec machine
Weighted dips
Rope pulldown
Incline hammer press

Bike

I usually do a 12-10-8 with my compound lifts, gonna try a 5x5 for the next couple of weeks to see how it goes

Push Day::

BP: 5/3/1, RPT
W/U
215x5
190x5
165x5
235x1
245x1
255x1

MP: 5/3/1, RPT
W/U
130x7
115x5
100x5
140x1
150x1
155x1

Incline Bench 3x5
DB Bench Press 3x8
DB Shoulder Press 3x10
Decline Chest Press 3x12
Close Grip 3x8
Lateral Raises 3x10
Pushdowns 3x10
Overhead Cable Press 3x10
Cable Flyes 3x10
Face Pulls 3x10

supersetted pressing sets w/ Pull-ups (24 sets of 5)

It's odd because on that same side my scapula isn't gliding normally along my rib cage. It's sort of crunching/cracking. Wonder if it's related to neck/trap?

is it audibly clucking or just not gliding smoothly? it it’s actually clicking might me something else.

if it’s just not gliding smoothly, take a lacross ball, lay on it and dig around that side of your back. you probably have some knots causing friction. myofascial release can hurt like an ***** but it’ll be worth it

is it audibly clucking or just not gliding smoothly? it it’s actually clicking might me something else.

if it’s just not gliding smoothly, take a lacross ball, lay on it and dig around that side of your back. you probably have some knots causing friction. myofascial release can hurt like an ***** but it’ll be worth it

It's a painless cracking/crunching. I'm beginning to think I strained my levator scapulae and that sort of pulled my shoulder blade out of whack. I've been icing, heating, stretching, and using a lacrosse ball, but I don't want to overdo it. I suck at being patient with these things.

Anyone here ever have complications, years after ACL repair? Looks like the biodegradable screws in my shin started to degrade and caused my body to have a foreign body reaction (thought it was staph for a sec). Woke up one morning my leg was in burning pain, lowkey thought I was abducted and aliens did a surgery on ma leg. Went to the ER to be safe, waited 7 hours for antibiotics. Not sure that it helped a ton, but my leg felt strong the entire time, just very painful.

Leg is almost normal now, but working on it (with Rehband sleeves) leaves my shin with a soft fluid bump. Goes away after some time. Anyone else deal with it?

Back to the bulk until June...Then a month cut so I can be right by August lmao.

Incline Bench
235x8
225x8
205x8
185x8

V Bar Pulldown 4x8
Dumb Shrug 4x8
Shoulder Press/Forearm 4x8
Hams/Calves 4x8

Time to drink this E&J and play Fallout 3.

Back to the bulk until June...Then a month cut so I can be right by August lmao.

Incline Bench
235x8
225x8
205x8
185x8

V Bar Pulldown 4x8
Dumb Shrug 4x8
Shoulder Press/Forearm 4x8
Hams/Calves 4x8

Time to drink this E&J and play Fallout 3.

E&J :sick:

Have some respect for yaself and grab some Paul :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom