STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

What about fools leaving the gym and going to the store with just tights?

Been dormant for most of February battling the flu and double pneumonia. Did two weeks in the hospital and 2 weeks on home IV with a pic line. Just now getting back to work. Weighed around 185 when admitted to the hospital, left at 155. Currently standing at 166 at the moment but would like to bulk up and get back to the 185-190 range. Any recommendations or plans on getting back In shape? Conditioning is something I want to focus on since my lungs are a bit weaker due to the pneumonia

Been dormant for most of February battling the flu and double pneumonia. Did two weeks in the hospital and 2 weeks on home IV with a pic line. Just now getting back to work. Weighed around 185 when admitted to the hospital, left at 155. Currently standing at 166 at the moment but would like to bulk up and get back to the 185-190 range. Any recommendations or plans on getting back In shape? Conditioning is something I want to focus on since my lungs are a bit weaker due to the pneumonia

Damn dude, sorry to hear. Good that you're doing better now.

If I was coming off a major illness, I'd keep the frequency dialed back to a degree.

My suggestion is doing this ( Fierce 5):

Workout A
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Pendlay Rows 3x8
Face Pulls 3x10
Calf raises 2x15/Tricep pressdowns 2x10 Superset

Workout B
Front Squat 3x5
Overhead Press 3x5
Romanian Deadlift 3x8
Lat Pulldowns 3x8 (any grip)
Ab work 2x15/Bicep curls 2x10 Superset

Alternate weightlifting days with conditioning, i.e. A day --> conditioning day --> B day --> conditioning day --> A day, etc.

Once you start plateauing on this, you could move on to an upper lower and then either PPL or a split.

Good luck bro.

Just do a leg, pull, push routine bro and you should be back in no time

Pull Day:

DL, 5/3/1, RPT
W/U
1x3x245
1x3x280
1x3x315
1x1x350
1x1x385
1x1x420
Pulled everything DOH.

Weighted Chins 3x8
Pendlay Row 3x5
Wide-Grip Pulldowns 3x10
V-Bar Lat Pulldowns 2x10
Seated Cable Row 3x10
Hammer Strength Row 3x10
Iso-Lateral Row 2x12
Weighted Hypers 3x10
Face Pulls 3x10
BB Shrugs 3x12
BB Curls 3x10
DB Hammer Curls 3x8
Machine Preacher Curls 2x10
Reverse Barbell Curls 3x10
Seated Barbell Wrist Curls 3x15

incline bench 215 2x5, 1x4, 1x3
incline db 100lb, 1x7, 1x6. dropped to 80lb 1x7
machine and accessories....

im surprised that the nfl uses 225 for reps as a bench mark..

doesnt it make more sense to use like 1.3x their body weight or something to determine strength (assuming thats what they're looking for on the bench)

I know nothing about football so someone school me :lol:

im surprised that the nfl uses 225 for reps as a bench mark..

doesnt it make more sense to use like 1.3x their body weight or something to determine strength (assuming thats what they're looking for on the bench)

I know nothing about football so someone school me :lol:

I think for the most part the combine is widely considered as stupid. As far as BP goes, I guess some positions the scouts want a good show out but nobody cares what a qb, wr, cb, safety puts up. RB, oline, dline, and backers I guess it's somewhat important but it's not that big a deal.

Week 7
DL 465x2
Speed DL 385 3x3

Power shrugs
SLDL
Barbell rows
Reverse grip latpulldown
Good mornings

2x5

Concentration curl 10x3
Hammer curl.... Usually boring af so i made it interesting. I did first set with 45x10 then drop set with 35. Then second set 40x10 drop set 30. Kept dropping 5lbs every set til last set was 20x10 drop set with 10s.

Bike

Also weighed myself, at 220.4 now. Down from 227 like a month ago. Thinking of actually starting a cut and counting cals and **** soon.

Back
Top Bottom