STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Question for all:

It appears that a good amount of us have been going to the gym for at least of few years. I assume we all have made lifting buddies, friends, acquaintances etc. throughout our journey.

With these bonds that are developed in the gym, I'm sure you and your buddies have also dated women that go to your gym as well.

So, after one person is done with a woman at the gym, what is the etiquette if that woman wants to move on to your pipe.

I'm getting married so this doesn't apply to me anymore but I was just reflecting about the yams that I passed up on.

A few case studies below:

Exhibit A:

So me and a gym acquaintance become cool. Sometimes he comes with his girl. His girl is a flight attendant but also use to strip. Now dude girl would always come in the gym and immediately find me for guidance on handstands and certain power moves etc. because I do capoeira. I always assumed that the acquaintance and his girl had some kind of open relationship because of her occupation. Once I give her my number because I got tempted but didn't bite when she started texting. Like a said she was a stripper so everything on her was fire. Was I wrong for passing that up.

Exhibit B:

I had a gym bro that after a while we got cool enough to group chat and share various lifting, nutrition and life information. We eventually grew apart he moved and whatever. I hop on IG and I go to find him and I also find his old girl that he use to bring to the gym. Now back in the day one of my close friends would tell me that she was thirsting over me like crazy but I was denying it. She is also like a solid 8. She hits my DM's on IG but I ignore her because I knew at one point my homie had real love for that girl.

Exhibit C:

2 of my lifting buddies who are now close friends both dated this girl. Bro A dated her back in the day and Bro B recently dated her to test the waters. Bro B didn't know that Bro A use to date her and they only found out because he noticed Bro B in her ear one morning. Bro A got tight about it but knew that Bro B honestly didn't know. I clown them both for sharing that girl. Fast forward a few months later and she tries to kick it to me. I pass because Bro A is sensitive.

I'm sure we have have our stories and please share. I'm just curious to know if there are rules to this game.

I don’t think there’s any different rules just cuz the gym is the backdrop
Imo if u wanna smash and she had ties to one of ur boys, might as well ask him if he cares.... chances are he doesn’t care , and you’re gucci
Maybe I’m wrong tho

I’ve talked to and got cool with dudes at the gym but not enough to become lifting buddies with them. It’s a strictly what’s good, what you working on, and bits and pieces of advice relationship only. If I was still on the market any of them dudes old girls would not be off limits. Depends on how close you are to them though. I have seen some chicks that moved from one dude in the gym to the next though :lol:. One of the chicks works there

I’ve talked to and got cool with dudes at the gym but not enough to become lifting buddies with them. It’s a strictly what’s good, what you working on, and bits and pieces of advice relationship only. If I was still on the market any of them dudes old girls would not be off limits. Depends on how close you are to them though. I have seen some chicks that moved from one dude in the gym to the next though :lol:. One of the chicks works there

There are people I say what's up to but the entire concept of a lifting buddy is just incompatible with my personality.

I'm extremely social but also innately introverted, and I don't think there is a more sacred time to myself alone than at the gym.

The idea of training with another person just blows my mind. I be in my own zone man. :lol:

I guess may thing is should I even have to ask?

I'm in the mindset that unless your married or in a committed relationship, there is free reign for everybody.

I feel that some dudes just don't emotionally move on past that old P.

And I learned my lesson about being social at the gym. The only people I allow to stop me in the middle of a workout are my elders 55+ (i get in at 5am so at 30 I'm still the youngest person there).

I guess may thing is should I even have to ask?

I'm in the mindset that unless your married or in a committed relationship, there is free reign for everybody

I feel that some dudes just don't emotionally move on past that old P.

And I learned my lesson about being social at the gym. The only people I allow to stop me in the middle of a workout are my elders 55+ (i get in at 5am so at 30 I'm still the youngest person there).

Nah you don’t have to ask, if you don’t care about your friend..... like u said some dudes don’t get over the P. So if you don’t ask, there’s a good chance he’s not gonna rock with you anymore. So if you rather shoot your shot and don’t care if ur homie is done with you then go for it.
U don’t wanna be that Derek Fisher cat. Unless u do, I don’t though

Ripped my damn shirt answering my phone.

Word to the wise...get stretchy shirts...get stretch everything.

Attachments

• IMG_20180228_143349.jpg
    IMG_20180228_143349.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 15
Ripped my damn shirt answering my phone.

Word to the wise...get stretchy shirts...get stretch everything.

Damn lol. Fn hate wearing dress shirts for work. Had to for 10 years and past 2 I been blessed to wear comfortable clothes. Money talks though so I can’t say I’ll never get sucked in again. Hope those days are gone though lol

I’m having elbow issues and it really sucks. My left arm hurts when I do bicep curls (tennis elbow?) and my right elbow hurts when I do any tricep exercise( golfers elbow?). Any advice?

Anyone else work out in just leggings? I teach in leggings but I’m usually only around women so I kinda just fit in.

But at the gym idk it already looks/feels like what imagine a prison to be like. Maybe at equinox or something boujee but haven't tried it. Only seen paisa bros try it (they look funny with spiked hair, under armour gutpression shirt and virgen maria bicep tats)

Nike’s hyperwarm pro tights really are legit tho. Got all of em.

Hit 240 on bench tonight, new soundview. :pimp:

On the topic of gym friends. I’ve met and kick it with a few dudes/girls from my gym. Burly boy bbqs and bonfires and what not. Most people at my gym are cool.

Ya, usually I'm not about that chatting life at all but when you see the same people all the time at the gym sometimes you become friends naturally. That's what happened w/ me.

Back
Top Bottom