STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Almond milk for me man, as I've gotten older I have inched closer and closer to lactose intolerance

That’s interesting....My wife thinks she’s also progressed closer to lactose intolerance. I haven’t read up on anything about this. She just was trying to read her body and figure out what’s been giving her stomach issues, testing out if she abstains from xyz food if the stomach issues go away. She tried coffee, dairy, wine, and gluten and she thinks it’s dairy

That’s interesting....My wife thinks she’s also progressed closer to lactose intolerance. I haven’t read up on anything about this. She just was trying to read her body and figure out what’s been giving her stomach issues, testing out if she abstains from xyz food if the stomach issues go away. She tried coffee, dairy, wine, and gluten and she thinks it’s dairy

Im on the same boat. Thing is milk never gave me a problem till recently. Im 28, and i tested it. When i drink milk(whole, 2%, lowfat) my stomach gets MAD gassy and painful too.
However drinking almond milk, no issues whatsoever. I ate three bowls of cinnamon toast crunch with vanilla almond milk the other day...i came out of that peacefully. Had it been regular milk...i could only imagine the pain lol

Btw, this also made me switch from whey protein too, now i take the "organic" veggie kind.

most whey protein have very little lactose (at least the one I take.)

a woman on sunday saw me squat 3 paltes pretty easily and she came up to me asking for advice lol. she said she was thinking about going to a meet later this year.

told her I wasnt a powerlifter but im glad to help. Asked her how long shes been lifting and wht her program/split is.

she said shes been lifting for exactly a year. Her split was kinda odd though. she would do all her accessories the day before she does her main 3 lifts.

ex. push accessories on monday. then on tues she would bench. leg extensions, hamstring curls on wed. then do squats on thurs, etc.

told her to do her accessories after the main lift. the reasoning for it was because it'd be better if she was at 100% (muscle and CNS) when doing the main lifts so she can get the most out of it. then accessories after it to assist with the main lift.

I eat the same meals every day.....prepped chicken anf eggs on Sunday so I dont have to do it through the week.

What's y'all meal plans for work looking like? This week I made lemon honey salmon with garlic salads , and fruit salads.

I'd also like to know.

I just started prepping a couple weeks ago and have been making this young stir fry with:

chicken/sweet potato/hot peppers/green beans/hummus or guac on top

Homie above you just eating plain chicken and eggs???

Breakfast: eggs, oats (pb mixed in)
Snack: chicken, pepper jack cheese
Lunch: chicken, oats (pb mixed in)
Dinner is usually the "wild card" lol

The only thing I prep nightly is the oats. Its faster than cooking everything, every night. I must say week old chicken and eggs arent exactly for everyone though. I can post pics later of it helps haha

you’re not sick of chicken and oats though? :lol:

Ohhh, that went a way a while ago.......not to sound like " that guy", but I used to eat 3+ bowls a day.....cold. Thats about 15 cold bowls a week......once you've eated your 40th cold bowl of oats, they get easier. Mind over matter. I've had some of my best results doing it this way and I know I can stick to it. I am definitely not saying its for everyone lol. I have fallen off the wagon a few times, but I've been doing this for the better part of, oh since 2012

Not trying to scare anyone with this video, but I'm 8 minutes in and its a good watch so far.

Long story short, he attempted a 655lb squat (5lb pr) that he said "felt light" and he felt confident in and he ends up rupturing every supporting ligament in both knees. Footage of the lift is at 2:20, but the story so far is interesting.

Back
Top Bottom