STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

as long as his coach is putting his form over the amount of weight he’s lifting he’s good. kid will be a beast when he gets older

:wow: that’s wild!

that much dedication at that young of an age is impressive

Last edited:

cj cummings is a beast at 17yrs old. he clean and jerked twice his body weight (200lbs) at 11 yrs old

its crazy how young they are. hopefully they can stay injury free for as long as possible.

Week 9

DL 500x2 (soundview)
Speed DL 365x3 x2

Power shrugs
SLDL
Pull ups
Biceps
Rowing machine.

Hype to try 515 next week

Me: how many sets so you have left?
Them: I just started.

That's not what I asked, gat dammit!! People really don't answer questions do they??

So annoying. I just wanna figure out if i should wait cuz youre almost done or if i should do something else.

I asked a guy that once and he said a lot. I said ok...

Started to do something else and the guy did one set and moved off the machine. Smh

Me: how many sets so you have left?
Them: I just started.

That's not what I asked, gat dammit!! People really don't answer questions do they??

If i JUST get to the squat rack or bench, ill say i just started to let them know itl be a whIle.

Is this wrong? Lol

Starting 5/3/1 today.

Current PRs of

Bench: 255 (10/17)
Squat: 275 (01/17)
DL: 305 (01/17)
OHP: 115x3 (2016)
Overhand BB Row: 185x4 (03/18

Haven’t pushed myself in the squat/DL since my back issue last summer. Closest I’ve got is a 5x5 of 225 on squat a 295x1 on DL with questionable form. Really been trying to dial in mobility and proper technique at lighter weights. Damn ankles curse me in the squat and DL. Honesty might start DL in Romaleos.

Haven’t B.B. bench this year at all. Been all DB work. Same with OHP. Gonna get back under the bar for bench today and keep with the DB for OHP a little longer.

Actually looking forward to working at submaximal weights again. Always makes you feel like a beast :lol:

Yes, imo.

What is a while? 10 minutes 20 minutes? Specifics really helps me plan out the rest of my routine.

Namean?

I agree with you on this.

I usually tell people how many sets i got left. If i just started or know ill be a while i always tell the person they can work in with me. Unless im doing squats and they like 5'4 or 6'4. Thats not gonna work.

Yes, imo.

What is a while? 10 minutes 20 minutes? Specifics really helps me plan out the rest of my routine.

Namean?

Depends on how much juice I got. Sometimes I only plan on doing 3-4 sets, start feeling it, and end up maxing out. Now that 4 sets just turned into 15. Sometimes I plan on doing 11 and only manage 3.:smh:

Why people in the gym don't understand supersetting? Nah homie, I got that piece of equipment and the one all the way over there too.:rofl:

Depends on how much juice I got. Sometimes I only plan on doing 3-4 sets, start feeling it, and end up maxing out. Now that 4 sets just turned into 15. Sometimes I plan on doing 11 and only manage 3.:smh:

Why people in the gym don't understand supersetting? Nah homie, I got that piece of equipment and the one all the way over there too.:rofl:

You just busting my chops papi...

Dl

Last heavy set was 430x5

Then hit some 3x3 pauses at 3 plates

Then ‘bout 300 reps of various grips and bars on lat pull down. Wide grip, close grip, handle in each hand all that.

THEN this dude who’s clearly in the gym for his first time makes me record him for his snap chat. He’s doing like speed body rock crazy form lat pull downs.

At the end he gets up, flexes in the camera and gives a thumbs up and smile just like borat Dude didn’t really speak English but I was trying to hype him up and made him do two more sets while I recorded him. :rofl:

It was a mixture of laughing at him on the inside but I was just happy because he’s literally the happiest I’ve ever seen a person in the gym. Everyone starts somewhere. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom