STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

It worked?

giphy.gif

Says the dude who got 2-3 of my accounts banned for reporting them.

You already know what’s up. You know who I am, just by me saying that. Congrats on your new account as well. I see you big boy.
Only hit report for racism. So if I got you banned 2-3x for hateful speech. I’d do it 1k million times.

Low-carb diets like keto linked to potential heart risk in new study: What you should know
https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/...ets-keto-linked-potential-heart-risk-61528616

The ketogenic, or keto, diet is one of the trendiest diets right now, but a new study is raising red flags about a potential heart risk tied to low-carbohydrate diets like keto.

The study, which will be presented at the American College of Cardiology’s annual meeting, found that people on low-carb diets were 18 percent more likely to develop atrial fibrillation, a common heart rhythm disorder, than people on a moderate-carb diet.

Atrial fibrillation, known as AFib, is the most common heart arrhythmia, with as many as six million people suffering from it in the U.S. alone, according to the CDC.

In a person with AFib, the normal beating in the upper chambers of the heart is irregular, according to the CDC. The resulting irregular blood flow may cause a blood clot or a stroke.

The newly-released study tracked nearly 14,000 people for more than two decades. Participants filled out a food questionnaire about what they ate and researchers followed them to track how many developed AFib.

Participants who identified as eating low-carb in the study consumed less than 44 percent of their daily calorie intake from carbohydrates.

The study's researchers were quick to point out that the study shows an association between low-carb diets and AFib, but it does not prove cause and effect.

"One of our experts said, ‘Any diet that recommends snacking on bacon can’t be taken seriously as a health-promoting way to eat,'" Angela Haupt, assistant managing editor of health at U.S. News and World Report, told ABC News last year. "One of the concerns with keto is how high in saturated fat it is."

Other critics of the keto diet argue that it is nearly impossible to follow for a long period of time and that it could lead to muscle loss or deprive the brain of its preferred fuel source: carbs.

Some also argue that the majority of the research on it has not yet looked at the long-term effects it has on non-epileptic people over the course of 15 to 20 years.

The study's lead author, Dr. Xiaodong Zhuang, a cardiologist in Guangzhou, China, pointed to three potential reasons low-carb diets might be associated with AFib in a news release distributed by the American College of Cardiology.

First, people on a low-carb diet may be eating fewer inflammation-fighting foods like fruits, vegetables and grains, and inflammation has been linked with AFib.

Second, having more protein and fat replacing carbs in a diet may lead to oxidative stress, which has been associated with AFib.

Third, the effects of the diet could be related to an "increased risk of other forms of cardiovascular disease."

Proponents of the keto diet say it is the best way to lose weight without feeling hungry and that it increases energy levels. Each person should consult with their doctor to see if the benefits of a low-carb diet outweigh any potential risks.

If a low-carb diet like keto is effective in helping you lose weight — if that is your specific goal — then it may be worth continuing to follow, according to Dr. Jennifer Ashton, ABC News chief medical correspondent.

"If low-carb is effective in losing weight and therefore reducing risk of coronary heart disease, that might be worth it if you have to trade a little for the risk of AFib," she said Thursday on "Good Morning America."

M boiz use to put photos on here all the time of the lifts.

I still dont know why yall beefin

M boiz use to put photos on here all the time of the lifts.

I still dont know why yall beefin

I don’t like him because he said some slick sht about my kid.

He talks about his cut but no ones seen photos of his body.

His lift videos he was chunky.

Lol that’s a dam lie.

My old IG has plenty of lifting videos ha.

Better come better than that.

You know what Im talking about :lol:

Don't act like you posting pics either with them zoomed in trap pump pics lol

At 200 I got you just like I said a week ago, you can quote this post.

Last edited:
Are you being serious? How much do you weigh again? Aren't you active duty? I notice the mile jog post workout so I'm thinking you burn more calories than normal just in your daily regime.

Ofc M'Lord. Dead ***.

6'0(1?)"; 200 or so lbs. Active duty brah.

That is a typical day of eating, sometimes more (a whole dozen), sometimes less (chicken, rice, broccoli for dinner).

Didn't include any weight gainers (usually don't take on Sundays) or .

You know what Im talking about :lol:

Don't act like you posting pics either with them zoomed in trap pump pics lol

At 200 I got you just like I said a week ago, you can quote this post.

Lol

You’ve never been lean bro.

You got cats in here thinking you’re a somebody - scam of the year lol

Post those “progression pics” up..

I’ll indulge and play with you (no editing or glamour lighting either):

185lb:

4A25BA6D-EB9F-4C08-9A38-EC2CC6006AA3.jpeg

260lb powerlifting vs 200lb leaning.
403F9B82-9F61-4B95-A202-0C60C0B853B3.jpeg

Current day 218 just for you since you like my traps and veins thru the shoulder:

82F226D4-3F66-4067-BC7B-B6BF577161FD.jpeg

Don’t forget who you came to years ago for training and eating advice.

Quick to forget.

Like I said, stop playing these people in here and hide behind a keyboard.

Post some photos up.

I’m not some IG thot posting IG workout videos.

Been doing this before IG and I’ll be doing it long after IG.

But you running your mouth about my kid is on some low level punk sht.

Something I won’t foeget.

I tolerate your foolery in here, I laugh at the fan boys you got, but I won’t forget.

all these studies and articles are for the birds lol

you can literally adjust any type of research setting to formulate a conclusion.. too many variables

For the birds? Wut.

Thought there were some good takeaways that folks could get something out of before blindly going Keto.

1. Each person should consult with their doctor to see if the benefits of a low-carb diet outweigh any potential risks.
  2. People on a low-carb diet may be eating fewer inflammation-fighting foods like fruits, vegetables and grains, and inflammation has been linked with AFib.
  3. Having more protein and fat replacing carbs in a diet may lead to oxidative stress, which has been associated with AFib.
  4. Other critics of the keto diet argue that it is nearly impossible to follow for a long period of time and that it could lead to muscle loss or deprive the brain of its preferred fuel source: carbs.
  5. Some also argue that the majority of the research on it has not yet looked at the long-term effects it has on non-epileptic people over the course of 15 to 20 years.

haha damn im 260 b wood basically

btw what made you wana get so much leaner? just curious

Checked off the boxes I wanted to at that weight strength wise.

Also a tear in my labrum helped push the lifestyle change.

I’m more into functional movements now than before.

I’ll get down to 210 by July and coast there.

I’ve gotten into running, and that’s become a fun new hobby for me.

I’ll still lift “heavy” twice a week.

Other days I’ll train compound and functional movements.

Balancing, core, etc.

For the birds? Wut.

Thought there were some good takeaways that folks could get something out of before blindly going Keto.

1. Each person should consult with their doctor to see if the benefits of a low-carb diet outweigh any potential risks.
  2. People on a low-carb diet may be eating fewer inflammation-fighting foods like fruits, vegetables and grains, and inflammation has been linked with AFib.
  3. Having more protein and fat replacing carbs in a diet may lead to oxidative stress, which has been associated with AFib.
  4. Other critics of the keto diet argue that it is nearly impossible to follow for a long period of time and that it could lead to muscle loss or deprive the brain of its preferred fuel source: carbs.
  5. Some also argue that the majority of the research on it has not yet looked at the long-term effects it has on non-epileptic people over the course of 15 to 20 years.

im not arguing for it I don't like any elimination diet

I just look at every "study" or article out there with a grain of salt

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom