STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Dont ever post this stupid p***y ishh in this f'n thread again. 

Where in the F has this thread gone? "My knee's hurt", "i haven't been to the gym in X amount of days" so on and so on.

MAN THE F UP & hit the weights, do your cardio & eat right. Its not rocket science here fellas. Hard work pays off.

Your joints hurt? Your form most likely sucks.

Don't get all butt hurt about the above statements, although 95% of you will. 

Use this as motivation. GET IT NT :nthat:

:stoneface: Dude...its not that serious. Once again I found an article, and wanted to get MATURE responses, not immature death wishes. I know how to workout, Im in my cutting phase as we speak. Been exercising since 2005 when I weighed 253 pounds. I weighed 172 in June 2012. I now stand at 189 after doing a clean bulk. The thread going to hell after one article is highly unlikely if there is over 350 pages of this mixture of Articles, people asking the same questions and Broscience.

Calm down

And how is that motivation?

Dude does not even know what he is talking about.

Last edited:
Have you ran one before? How did you prepare? I've never ran over 1.5 miles in 1 run.

I haven't ran one before. It's apart of my bucket list to do a long distance run so I decided to do it.

When it comes to preparation, I haven't really looked into certain ways to train - but I've been doing a lot more post workout cardio, and have days dedicated to cardio and core. Just simply doing my own methods I guess.

For cardio I've been doing a lot of interval training. long distance of course and have noticed my stamina to be a lot better than usual. 5 mins job, 1 min sprint, and cycle back. I've also incorporate other activities into my routine, such as swimming. 
As for prepping muscle wise, my leg workout I feel is good enough for endurance and taking that long distance beating as well.

I've noticed that breathing is def. a big factor. Slow in and outs rather than gasping and gulping in air helps out a lot.

Sorry if that wasn't much help though dude. Like I said this is a first time for me. However I do feel like I'm progressing with my stamina and all that.
Good luck!

I never ran one before and my first is in April. I started training about 7 weeks ago. Before then the most I used to run was 1 mile (4 laps). 5K is 12.5 laps.

Breathing is important. A few weeks ago I started switching up my breathing pattern (taking more shorter breaths) but my sides started cramping after 2 laps. I switched back to my normal pattern and cramping stopped.

THE MOST important thing that helped me though was hydrating properly by drinking LOTS of water before I ran. If I ran at 6pm I would start at 9am and drink half gallon to 3/4 gallons of water by 3pm. I had to take a leak every hour or so but that is part of it. I tried not to drink anything 3 hours before I ran to avoid cramping up.

I never used to drink that much water when I ran before and I would notice my shins would star burning at about 6 laps in. Never had that problem again when I drank enough water.

I said this before. Last summer, my "routine" consisted of biking 10+ miles;
3 sets of

15 narrow pullups
15 wide grip pullups
30 pushups
30 tricep dips

That was my routine. My back was (is) so strong from that work.

Don't tell me it is an overrated exercise

3 sets of

15 narrow pullups
15 wide grip pullups
30 pushups
30 tricep dips

my pull up rack gets in today from amazon...

how many times a week do you think is good to be doing pull ups... keep in mind I am one of those guys who can bench 3 plates, but not do more than 8 pull ups... need work BAD

how many times a week do you think is good to be doing pull ups... keep in mind I am one of those guys who can bench 3 plates, but not do more than 8 pull ups... need work BAD
Man I was doing those things every day man. Right on a damn playground monkey bar.

Fresh off deployment to compete in the Crossfit Games... He's a SEAL btw
pimp.gif

Have you ran one before? How did you prepare? I've never ran over 1.5 miles in 1 run.

I haven't ran one before. It's apart of my bucket list to do a long distance run so I decided to do it.

When it comes to preparation, I haven't really looked into certain ways to train - but I've been doing a lot more post workout cardio, and have days dedicated to cardio and core. Just simply doing my own methods I guess.

For cardio I've been doing a lot of interval training. long distance of course and have noticed my stamina to be a lot better than usual. 5 mins job, 1 min sprint, and cycle back. I've also incorporate other activities into my routine, such as swimming. 
As for prepping muscle wise, my leg workout I feel is good enough for endurance and taking that long distance beating as well.

I've noticed that breathing is def. a big factor. Slow in and outs rather than gasping and gulping in air helps out a lot.

Sorry if that wasn't much help though dude. Like I said this is a first time for me. However I do feel like I'm progressing with my stamina and all that.
Good luck!

I never ran one before and my first is in April. I started training about 7 weeks ago. Before then the most I used to run was 1 mile (4 laps). 5K is 12.5 laps.

Breathing is important. A few weeks ago I started switching up my breathing pattern (taking more shorter breaths) but my sides started cramping after 2 laps. I switched back to my normal pattern and cramping stopped.

THE MOST important thing that helped me though was hydrating properly by drinking LOTS of water before I ran. If I ran at 6pm I would start at 9am and drink half gallon to 3/4 gallons of water by 3pm. I had to take a leak every hour or so but that is part of it. I tried not to drink anything 3 hours before I ran to avoid cramping up.

I never used to drink that much water when I ran before and I would notice my shins would star burning at about 6 laps in. Never had that problem again when I drank enough water.

I was actually planning on doing the intervals but longer distance too.

Aside from the smoothies I make I only been drinking water for the last 2 weeks. I noticed some good changes in myself.

Last edited:
So I'm starting out my workout plan and being a beginner at bodybuilding what sort of supplements do you guys recommend? I know whey protein is a big one but what sort of multi-vitamins, creatine, etc. do you guys recommend if you do recommend taking any of those? There's a bunch of them on the market and it's confusing for me which ones I should even consider taking. Any help is appreciated!

So I'm starting out my workout plan and being a beginner at bodybuilding what sort of supplements do you guys recommend? I know whey protein is a big one but what sort of multi-vitamins, creatine, etc. do you guys recommend if you do recommend taking any of those? There's a bunch of them on the market and it's confusing for me which ones I should even consider taking. Any help is appreciated!
None. You're a beginner. Focus on diet and smart exercise.

This week is all calisthenics.  Tossed in some HIIT on the treadmill to spice it up to supplement the jumprope.  I love being able to switch it up and still maintain my strength when I go back to the weights.  If you don't confuse your body and keep your workouts interesting, it'll become a chore after a while.
3 sets of

15 narrow pullups
15 wide grip pullups
30 pushups
30 tricep dips

Is the low pullup # due to the issues with your back or just lacking strength compared to other areas?

Do negatives.  Start at the top of the movement.  Lower yourself as slow as possible.  Made all of the difference in the world for me.  I sucked at doing pullups a few years back.  Negatives made all of the difference.

Not sure what your split is like, but I'm sure you should be able to work pullups in 3x a week and be fine.  I do 'em on back day, arms day, and sometimes I have a calisthenics/plyo day and do them on that day as well.

Last edited:
Dont ever post this stupid p***y ishh in this f'n thread again. 

Where in the F has this thread gone? "My knee's hurt", "i haven't been to the gym in X amount of days" so on and so on.

MAN THE F UP & hit the weights, do your cardio & eat right. Its not rocket science here fellas. Hard work pays off.

Your joints hurt? Your form most likely sucks.

Don't get all butt hurt about the above statements, although 95% of you will. 

Use this as motivation. GET IT NT :nthat:

:stoneface: Dude...its not that serious. Once again I found an article, and wanted to get MATURE responses, not immature death wishes. I know how to workout, Im in my cutting phase as we speak. Been exercising since 2005 when I weighed 253 pounds. I weighed 172 in June 2012. I now stand at 189 after doing a clean bulk. The thread going to hell after one article is highly unlikely if there is over 350 pages of this mixture of Articles, people asking the same questions and Broscience.

Calm down

And how is that motivation?

Dude does not even know what he is talking about.
pics of said clean bulk or it didnt happen

@dacityslanga pull ups are never overrated
90% of people that goes to the gym cant do five pull ups
doubt the stat is that hi

anytime you see a guy doing a ton of weight on the seated lat pulldowns, they can probably do more than 5 pull ups (strong probably) and youre kidding yourself if you say most guys hopping on the lat pulldown arent doing 180+

Good looking out on the negatives tip for pullups. I'm in the same boat. Terrible pullups :smh:

Fresh off deployment to compete in the Crossfit Games... He's a SEAL btw:pimp:
hes a SEAL. . . . . THATS CHEATING

lol, but seriously, doesnt it kinda erk you guys that athletic people join crossfit and are good at it off rip?

i dont mean active people, i mean truly athletic people, like people who make money off of being more physically capable than the average person

doubt the stat is that hi

anytime you see a guy doing a ton of weight on the seated lat pulldowns, they can probably do more than 5 pull ups (strong probably) and youre kidding yourself if you say most guys hopping on the lat pulldown arent doing 180+
Maybe, but on another note I've seen people benching high weight and can't do 20 push ups. Never understood why

3 sets of

15 narrow pullups
15 wide grip pullups
30 pushups
30 tricep dips

Im going try this routine thanks

This week is all calisthenics.  Tossed in some HIIT on the treadmill to spice it up to supplement the jumprope.  I love being able to switch it up and still maintain my strength when I go back to the weights.  If you don't confuse your body and keep your workouts interesting, it'll become a chore after a while.

Is the low pullup # due to the issues with your back or just lacking strength compared to other areas?

Do negatives.  Start at the top of the movement.  Lower yourself as slow as possible.  Made all of the difference in the world for me.  I sucked at doing pullups a few years back.  Negatives made all of the difference.

Not sure what your split is like, but I'm sure you should be able to work pullups in 3x a week and be fine.  I do 'em on back day, arms day, and sometimes I have a calisthenics/plyo day and do them on that day as well.
For negatives, did you just jump up to the bar (with your chest meeting the bar), then lower yourself slowly from that point?

Back
Top Bottom