STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

hang snatches and burpees tomorrow, i always get freaked out about my damb shoulders :x

Question about squats too. Would knee wraps be needed to rep ATG squats at 315 lbs? That's really my goal working weight with squats, but I'd rather just avoid it if it means I have to use accessories.
i don't know about "needed" but ever since i started using these knee bands, my squats have gotten so much more fluid and going lower is much more comfortable. my knees are horrible - busted up and arthritic. these have been a godsend. you have to put them on upside down and inside out then roll/flip them up onto your knee.

I've been putting off getting some of these.  Think I need to cave and do it.

Came across this list a few days ago: http://www.wellandgoodnyc.com/2012/07/16/the-5-best-and-worst-nutrition-bars/

Nice to see Quest Bars on the good side.  Wasn't surprised by much of anything on the worst list.  Doubt I'll touch another Clif Bar (even as a snack) anytime soon.

Do yall think it's needed for me to squat 315 labs though? I'd rather not have to get any wraps or bands, but if it means that I'll blow my knees out, I don't think I have a choice.

My knees aren't bad, I've never had knee pain, so I don't know.

Repped bro! Thanks! 

One more question: What kinds of foods are you eating during the meals?
Healthy Protein SourcesChickenSteakGround BeefEggs (don't toss the yolks)Healthy CarbsWhole Wheat TortillasBrown RiceHealthy FatsNatural peanut ButterBacon- Leafy green veggies. Kale, spinach, lettuce.- Other good ones, peppers, onions, green beens, asparagus.- Fruits. Mostly berries. Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries.- Protein shakes is are good also.

roll.gif

then :smh:

Is this serious??? Bench press?? Man **** outta here with that ********. Thats why so many articles and websites are trash when it comes to giving advice :stoneface:

I don't know why some people in here take this so personal. What exercise one man does should't have any affects on the other. I'm always coming from a knee replacement point of view, which is why I choose to not incorporate leg extensions into my regime. 

I lol'd so hard at that stupid list

They are saying about limitations, the article basicllay was stating about some of the excercises putting too much stres on an area (ex. bench being the rotator cuff) Im not saying this list is perfect, Im saying that I agree with the list as I bench, leg press, etc. The article was stating about the stress of one area for those that may be a noob, accident prone, or i guess frail.

After I called a mulligan on this mornings failure of a workout, I went back and got it IN :smokin

Not such a bad day overall, even with all the added traffic borderline fighting for DB's :lol:

soreness in my upper back... again.

been applying a heat patch, and pounding alleve. this is a reoccurring injury for me, happens every few months... :smh:

tips from this thread would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
Need a better description. Where is the pain exactly? What does it feel like? How long has it been bothering you? Does it limit you in any way?

My watch now comfortably fits using the third notch. My waist is getting close to 31 inches, from not being able to fit 34 inch pants just 20 months ago. These are better feelings than just looking good.
good job fam! Keep it up!

Came across this article, think its about right for most of them in regards to the free range and limitations.

Source: The Active Times "6 Overrated Excercises" http://www.theactivetimes.com/six-worthless-exercises-you-probably-do

Overrated: Leg Press
Your Upgrade: Clockwork Lunges

Overrated: Crunches
Your Upgrade: The Plank

Overrated: Pec Deck/Chest Fly
Your Upgrade: Bent-Forward Cable Crossover

Overrated: Bench Press
Your Upgrade: Push-Ups

Overrated: Triceps Dips
Your Upgrade: Triangle Push-ups

Overrated: Pull-Ups
Your Upgrade: Inverted Row
Dont ever post this stupid p***y ishh in this f'n thread again. 

Where in the F has this thread gone? "My knee's hurt", "i haven't been to the gym in X amount of days" so on and so on.

MAN THE F UP & hit the weights, do your cardio & eat right. Its not rocket science here fellas. Hard work pays off.

Your joints hurt? Your form most likely sucks.

Don't get all butt hurt about the above statements, although 95% of you will. 

Use this as motivation. GET IT NT 
nthat.gif

Just DESTROYED my legs today

FELT GREAT 
nthat.gif

Ended with some ab work

Gonna be sore tomorrow 

CANT WAIT 

Don't know about y'all. But I push my body so far during my lifts I need sleeeeep. Some days be waking up at 1 and still be taking naps through out the day. ***** crazy.

iLLest!

I have a full time job that doesn't allow me to sleep in till 1 :x :'(

soreness in my upper back... again.

been applying a heat patch, and pounding alleve. this is a reoccurring injury for me, happens every few months... :smh:

tips from this thread would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
Need a better description. Where is the pain exactly? What does it feel like? How long has it been bothering you? Does it limit you in any way?

below the back of my left shoulder blade... it happens every few months.

one time I was at a demo and the chiropractor felt my back real quick and he said it could be a vertabrae that slips in and out... never did look into it.

I usually just rest it, sleep on the ground, put two tennis balls in a sock and lay on it, or have my wife step on my back until I get deep pops.

the pain is pretty awful at times, and it sidelines me from my morning workouts thats for sure

one time I was at a demo and the chiropractor felt my back real quick and he said it could be a vertabrae that slips in and out... never did look into it.

I usually just rest it, sleep on the ground, put two tennis balls in a sock and lay on it, or have my wife step on my back until I get deep pops.

the pain is pretty awful at times, and it sidelines me from my morning workouts thats for sure
I doubt it's vertebral. Which workouts does it hinder exactly? Get your wife to massage the area each night. It sounds like it's originating in your latissimus to me.

Question about squats too. Would knee wraps be needed to rep ATG squats at 315 lbs? That's really my goal working weight with squats, but I'd rather just avoid it if it means I have to use accessories.
i don't know about "needed" but ever since i started using these knee bands, my squats have gotten so much more fluid and going lower is much more comfortable. my knees are horrible - busted up and arthritic. these have been a godsend. you have to put them on upside down and inside out then roll/flip them up onto your knee.

I've been putting off getting some of these.  Think I need to cave and do it.

Came across this list a few days ago: http://www.wellandgoodnyc.com/2012/07/16/the-5-best-and-worst-nutrition-bars/

Nice to see Quest Bars on the good side.  Wasn't surprised by much of anything on the worst list.  Doubt I'll touch another Clif Bar (even as a snack) anytime soon.

Do yall think it's needed for me to squat 315 labs though? I'd rather not have to get any wraps or bands, but if it means that I'll blow my knees out, I don't think I have a choice.

My knees aren't bad, I've never had knee pain, so I don't know.
man, if you are an aspiring strong man or body builder, yes

if its a personal goal, yes

if youre just pushing your limits, no

honestly, i think its cool to lift super heavy stuff, but if youre just a 9-5 guy and youre not that serious about lifting super heavy, i think its unnecessary, if youre like 210 and youre squatting close to 300 comfortably, thats cool enough

unless you have a good reason, theres no need to potentially harm your body very badly just because

Came across this article, think its about right for most of them in regards to the free range and limitations.

Source: The Active Times "6 Overrated Excercises" http://www.theactivetimes.com/six-worthless-exercises-you-probably-do

Overrated: Leg Press

Your Upgrade: Clockwork Lunges

Overrated: Crunches

Your Upgrade: The Plank

Overrated: Pec Deck/Chest Fly

Your Upgrade: Bent-Forward Cable Crossover

Overrated: Bench Press

Your Upgrade: Push-Ups

Overrated: Triceps Dips

Your Upgrade: Triangle Push-ups

Overrated: Pull-Ups

Your Upgrade: Inverted Row

Dont ever post this stupid p***y ishh in this f'n thread again. 

Where in the F has this thread gone? "My knee's hurt", "i haven't been to the gym in X amount of days" so on and so on.

MAN THE F UP & hit the weights, do your cardio & eat right. Its not rocket science here fellas. Hard work pays off.

Your joints hurt? Your form most likely sucks.

Don't get all butt hurt about the above statements, although 95% of you will. 

Use this as motivation. GET IT NT :nthat:

And how is that motivation?

Have you ran one before? How did you prepare? I've never ran over 1.5 miles in 1 run.
I haven't ran one before. It's apart of my bucket list to do a long distance run so I decided to do it.

When it comes to preparation, I haven't really looked into certain ways to train - but I've been doing a lot more post workout cardio, and have days dedicated to cardio and core. Just simply doing my own methods I guess.

For cardio I've been doing a lot of interval training. long distance of course and have noticed my stamina to be a lot better than usual. 5 mins job, 1 min sprint, and cycle back. I've also incorporate other activities into my routine, such as swimming. 

As for prepping muscle wise, my leg workout I feel is good enough for endurance and taking that long distance beating as well.

I've noticed that breathing is def. a big factor. Slow in and outs rather than gasping and gulping in air helps out a lot.

Sorry if that wasn't much help though dude. Like I said this is a first time for me. However I do feel like I'm progressing with my stamina and all that.

Good luck!

I doubt it's vertebral. Which workouts does it hinder exactly? Get your wife to massage the area each night. It sounds like it's originating in your latissimus to me.

thanks man... found this and pretty much BINGO

http://myofascialtherapy.org/symptom-checker/symptomcheck/symptom_upper_latissimus.html

Back
Top Bottom