STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I mentioned a while back about how I used Ground Flax. Someone mentioned that it was similar to soy in that it has phytoestrogens.

I brought this up to one of the Nutritionists associated with Natural News and he said

@KidKash202 Doesn't "produce" estrogen. Has phytoestrogens, but it is plant form. My take on phytoestrogen scare - http://vegan.com/blog/2011/07/28/andy-bellatti-on-soy-vs-dairy-risk/
Newly-minted Registered Dietitian Andy Bellatti wrote the following guest blog entry. I love Andy’s work, and I follow him on Twitter and subscribe to his blog.

Critics of soy often vilify its estrogen content. At the ridiculous end of the spectrum, some mainstream men’s fitness magazines consider it a “feminizing” food, while—at the more evidence-based side of the spectrum—women with a history of breast cancer are advised to limit their intake.

Strangely, we hear very little about high levels of estrogen in commercial dairy products. Unlike plant-based soy estrogens, the estrogen in cows’ milk is estrone sulfate, a hormone that has been linked to increased risks of breast cancer.

Some research suggests one possible factor in the rise of hormone-related cancers may be that “modern dairy cows are usually pregnant and continue to lactate during the latter half of pregnancy, when the concentration of estrogens in blood, and hence in milk, increases.”

That same study—which correlated incidence rates for breast, ovarian, and corpus uteri cancers with food intake in 40 countries—concludes that:

Milk was most closely correlated with incidence of ovarian cancer”, likely due to elevated levels of estrogen and progesterone. Meat was most closely correlated with breast cancer incidence, followed by milk and cheese.

Men are also affected. As this study points out, “estrogen levels in prostate fluid are also correlated very well with…prostate cancer.”

While data that encompasses all soy estrogens and prostate cancer risk appears inconclusive, some research theorizes that a specific estrogen called deidzein may offer a degree of protection from prostate cancer.

If estrogen in foods is a concern, commercial dairy products merit greater concern than soy.

Last edited:
I was gonna whip up some sort of protein sludge as a frosting, but then i'd have ate all of em. Out of 13 I made, I chowed 5. 47 cals each, but today is a -20% macro day on recomp, so i'm trying to save em haha

I left em out for the others to eat :)

DCA not only that, but i've read on numerous occasions that it would take an INSANE (read: near impossible) amounts of soy consumption to even see the so called side-effects

I was gonna whip up some sort of protein sludge as a frosting, but then i'd have ate all of em. Out of 13 I made, I chowed 5. 47 cals each, but today is a -20% macro day on recomp, so i'm trying to save em haha

I left em out for the others to eat
smile.gif
Can someone school me on sludge
nerd.gif
..I've seen pics..looks good, but how you make?? and the value??

Can someone school me on sludge 8o ..I've seen pics..looks good, but how you make?? and the value??

/there's tons of ways, easiest of which: greek yogurt or cottage cheese, protein powder, add in your fruit of choice, stir feverishly, enjoy.

I'd do a cup of GY/CC, scoop protein, berries and sliced bananas, 1/5 pudding packet, peanut butter tbsp and let it sit in the freezer a bit

Damn, you guys are having some serious quoting issues. :lol

Squat and Deadlift on the same day is fine. Squat before you deadlift though. Id rather have a bar in my hands than on my shoulders when im getting fatigued. The deadlift ROM is also smaller which makes it easier to do second.
That's what I typically do. My deadlift hasn't suffered at all.

Thats what i normally do.....but yesterday both squat racks were occupied...so i was like ehh calf warm up....still taken...guess il do dead lifts...got a little carried away since my legs were fresh and i felt good....then went to squat.

Dude in the one rack was the talker too....he occupied the rack for at least 45mins i did dead lifts and squats and he was still in it

I'm too rude in those situations. I always find a way to work in. If someone is an ******* and says no, just say ima work in regardless lol. Can't stand people who occupy the equipment, but do absolutely nada.
Do you guys cheat like The Rock?

BIaY7AYCcAAtqXg.jpg
Dear God...
no jokes

but i think the rock may be bulimic, theres no way someone can have his cheats and still look the same way, CT ate crappy like that, but dude didnt look as cut as the rock, hes strong no doubt, but not cut in any sense

Damn, you guys are having some serious quoting issues. :lol

Squat and Deadlift on the same day is fine. Squat before you deadlift though. Id rather have a bar in my hands than on my shoulders when im getting fatigued. The deadlift ROM is also smaller which makes it easier to do second.
That's what I typically do. My deadlift hasn't suffered at all.

Thats what i normally do.....but yesterday both squat racks were occupied...so i was like ehh calf warm up....still taken...guess il do dead lifts...got a little carried away since my legs were fresh and i felt good....then went to squat.

Dude in the one rack was the talker too....he occupied the rack for at least 45mins i did dead lifts and squats and he was still in it

I'm too rude in those situations. I always find a way to work in. If someone is an ******* and says no, just say ima work in regardless lol. Can't stand people who occupy the equipment, but do absolutely nada.
Do you guys cheat like The Rock?

BIaY7AYCcAAtqXg.jpg
Dear God...
no jokes

but i think the rock may be bulimic, theres no way someone can have his cheats and still look the same way, CT ate crappy like that, but dude didnt look as cut as the rock, hes strong no doubt, but not cut in any sense

unlimited money, aside from acting hes training once-twice a day. any kind of steroid possible.

not saying steroids are bad but dude is massive, burns calories, eats right aside from a cheat once in awhile. if you think dude is throwing up then idk. i mean he could but i highly doubt it

They trained 4 hours a day for the Pain & Gain...I'm sure a cheat day is nothing to him l lmao

[quote name="Pain and Gain article"]The most remarkable transformation had to be Wahlberg, who proclaims he went from 165 pounds in his last movie to a whopping 205 pounds of pure muscle in an astounding seven weeks.[/quote]

:lol

Also, on the Rock's cheat meal, just because he posts it to Instagram doesn't mean he's actually consuming all that as a cheat meal. Also, if I'm going to have a cheat meal, it damn sure isn't gonna be a "poverty" cheat meal of ****** chain store pizza and donuts. Definitely would have to go for a homemade cake, some kind of high quality meat meal or something. Especially if I had Dwayne's financial resources...
QFT. I laugh when people say they are having a cheat meal and it consists of 5 things off the dollar menu 
roll.gif

A big LOL to thinking the rock is bulimic, that fool is a beast aint no way he does some bull **** like that. And idk if you have seen CT lately but dude is pretty cut up now.

Got some good runs in tonight. Killed my shoulders earlier in the day. I am on day 3 of my bulk and I can already tell its gonna be tough to keep it clean the whole time 
ohwell.gif

my adidas adi-powerlifts came in today. decided to wait til tomorrow to try them out cause i wanted to break them in a little. 

so stoked for deadlifts/powercleans tomorrow!

So, here's the deal. From November 2011 to February, 2012, I lost about 55 lbs. Leaving me with a tremendous transformation but still more work to do. Having left my trainer for "differences" after the bulk of the transformation, I've kept the weight off by sticking close to my diet and exercise routine (Predominately following Kris Gethins cycle as my trainer and I did somilar work, and mixing it in with other calisthenic style training and cardio.). Continuing the trend in an effort to continue to melt away the fat left on top of my muscle. I'm showing muscle all over but still covered by some fat. So, I'm looking into getting back on some sort of stack...More supps than just protein and BCAA's. Any help? Suggestions?? I'm looking into HerbalLife products but I wanted to get some seasoned opinions before jumping into it.

I know how key diet is, so I'm all over that, but the supps........??

Back
Top Bottom