STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

rocking dat der medium shirt

Any of you guys ever think about going the "healthy" "organic" route? Like copping All NAtural Protein and only eating Organic foods from spots like WHole Foods and crap?
what kind of medium is that?

im your height and ive never worn a medium that didnt stop right at my waistline

I dont even see how this is possible lol. I can't do less than an XL without feeling like bruce banner.

Protein just ran out and I was wondering what anyone's personal experience was with the musclepharm whey proteins. If I should give it a try or just stay with ON.
I ordered some from musclepharm bb.com.I sould get tomorrow I will let you know how it is.

Im in week 4 of the dorian yates blood and guts training and I gotta feeling ill be throwing around 320-330 on the bench like its nothing after I finish week 6. I anxious to see where my maxes go to after this 6 weeks. good amount of people have been telling me ive been getting bigger so im proud cuz i wanna get my strength back that i had while playing football but lost it all when i started running track.

I dont even see how this is possible lol. I can't do less than an XL without feeling like bruce banner.

is it possible to eat pizza drink juic and work out everyday and still maintain shape.
When:

Calories In > Calories out = Weight Gain

Calories In < Calories out = Weight loss

Calories In = Calories Out = Weight Maintenance 

Simple as that my dude. Hope that helps

what the hell are you talkin about?

also, i love how dudes can call each other names when it comes to lifting, but if someone uses the same tough love tactics in sports its not cool

dudes arm was bent and the dunk was a clean flush, so i know for a fact if he works on his foot positioning and taking off from farther away, he can still dunk with authority, just because im not d-riding and i actually post a physical challenge doesnt mean im tryin to be a hater
What are you talking about is the question pauly, I don't think homie was being serious when talking about PG. Just be quiet unless your out here doing 360s and windmills then I will hush.

Protein just ran out and I was wondering what anyone's personal experience was with the musclepharm whey proteins. If I should give it a try or just stay with ON.

i know musclepharm tastes good but its up to you, its a solid brand. i see no issue trying it out

A couple of my boys just got into biking and are pushing me to cop one for the summer as well.

Check Craigslist, as well as your local bike shops. Avoid stores like K-Mart or Sports Authority, they bump up prices. I'd say just go to a local bike shop and tell them what you're looking for. For the most part bike people are pretty friendly and helpful.

I'm still looking for the perfect one with my budget because I'm 6'3 and not every frame fits my size.

yeah ive been checking craiglist and found nothing so far. i havent checked out a bike shop, for some reason i thought
everything there would be really expensive.

I usually guess if i'm not finding what i'm looking for.

For example, yesterday before the Dodger game we did our usual and went to Philippe's (LA Staple, block away from Union Station, world famous for their French Dips for those not from SoCal)

Had a turkey French Dip, coleslaw and some pickles.

They didn't have the turkey on MFP, but I had luck searching for "turkey french dip"
Philippe's is all up in Micheal Connolly books. Read about it before - heard good things.

so do i.

seeing my body go back to how it used to be was a sad sad sad thing to experience and i didn't do anything about it but let it happen.

iLLest!
I don't feel like reading back, but why aren't you able to get in the gym 3 times a week for an hour each. That's all it should really take. School/work obligations?

rocking dat der medium shirt

Any of you guys ever think about going the "healthy" "organic" route? Like copping All NAtural Protein and only eating Organic foods from spots like WHole Foods and crap?
Yeah to an extent. I buy all natural protein (Optimum and/or Met-Rx) and do most of my shopping at Whole Foods. I recognize that a lot of it is a placebo effect, but I enjoy shopping and food prep a lot more since switching to Whole Foods, so I'ma stick with it. I also do follow a fair amount of paleo/primal food tenants that may be of interest. Gimme some specific questions and I'd be happy to post more.

i know musclepharm tastes good but its up to you, its a solid brand. i see no issue trying it out

I actually had a horrible experience with the Musclepharm whey that I bought. First of all, I thought the taste was way too artificial - though that may have been a result of transitioning from All Natural Optimum, rather than from an equally chemically-tasting powder. secondly, especially when I was hungover, I got the worst protein burps and bloating while taking it. It all culminating in my having a post-workout double scoop and puking my guts out a few hours later. Now, I haven't conclusively narrowed it down to Musclepharm being to blame, but I didn't finish the tub and will never buy their protein products again. Go for it if you like but don't come back complaining if you have an equally bad experience.

yeah ive been checking craiglist and found nothing so far. i havent checked out a bike shop, for some reason i thought
everything there would be really expensive.
Bike shops are the way to go. I bought a bike last september at a bike shop and got it for around 200 off retail (paid around $500 for a $700 bike). Past 9 months, I've pretty much exclusively used the bike as my transportation - don't have a car up here and rarely use public transit. Aside from price, bike shop employees, though extremely hipster, are pretty friendly and helpful.

this.... The Resolution kids are gone, the Spring Break bamas are gone, and now the summer time bamas that only focus on chest exercises should be gone....

The gym should be less crowded around this time. Maybe on Saturday when June comes it will be, its supposed to be 90+ all week, so im sure folks will be going to cookouts and such so the gym can be less crowded

yupppp

When its hot outside its empty in the gym.

CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!

Did the "Deck of Cards" workout today. Essentially you assign each suit an exercise (burpees, push-ups, sit-ups, Mountainclimbers (4x face value), pull-ups, etc.) and go through the deck doing each exercise at face value with face cards being 10 and aces 11. You can run a mile at the jokers too if you're feeling confident.

This being said, I'm in pretty good shape, fairly strong, but man did this put me in my place. Did this after doing tabata squats yesterday and just standing up hurts muscles I barely knew I had but lovin the feelin of pushin myself hard this week.

I do a deck of cards worth of pushups every other day..humble brag..im used to it now..it doesn't do anything for me anymore besides make my chest feel tight

thoughts on gnc wheybolic 60 for pre and post work out? im looking for a protein to drink before and after not for meal replacement or so fort.

I eat a lot of crap and can't get past 150... I play football once a week(Sunday) for an hour and play handball for about 2 hours daily during the week... Fast metabolism is a crazy thing... I need to eat something about every 2 hours

I eat a lot of crap and can't get past 150... I play football once a week(Sunday) for an hour and play handball for about 2 hours daily during the week... Fast metabolism is a crazy thing... I need to eat something about every 2 hours

Must be nice. I have a slow metabolism. Hec, sometimes I don't go number 2 for a day or so. Try world of warcraft. That'll get your weight up :lol:

I've been losing a lot of weight within the past 3 weeks tho. From 204 to 187. Focusing on cardio and losing all that belly fat/man boobs. Doing my best to be in shape by June 21 (When I go to vegas)

Ive played a lot of SC2, D3 etc over the years and these past 2 years I've been working in an office sitting down all day :lol: I sometimes eat 2-3 times during my work shift... I want to gain weight but its so hard, most I've ever been at was 153 and that was when I last hit the gym which was about 2.5 years ago

Creatine works wonders for weight gain. my metabolism is crazy fast it's normal for me to go to bed and lose 2-3 pounds in my sleep. got some basic creatine and went up 15 pounds in about 2 months without even being really dedicated to workouts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom