STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Need to put on pounds .... So many articles with their own diet plans, but most agree on Fish, Eggs, Brown Rice, Chicken, and Yams ... Are there any others that you guys can suggest?

I am currently using a mass builder supplement and was recently told that I should switch to a Whey Protein ... Any suggestions?

Thank you NT work out fam!

Need to put on pounds .... So many articles with their own diet plans, but most agree on Fish, Eggs, Brown Rice, Chicken, and Yams ... Are there any others that you guys can suggest?

I am currently using a mass builder supplement and was recently told that I should switch to a Whey Protein ... Any suggestions?

Thank you NT work out fam!
What about healthy nuts that are high in good cals, just like avocado?

I'm just eating to sustain now. Yams, nuts, peanut butter (Nutella) spread onto wheat bread make up some of my fav snacks.

What about healthy nuts that are high in good cals, just like avocado?

I'm just eating to sustain now. Yams, nuts, peanut butter (Nutella) spread onto wheat bread make up some of my fav snacks.
Yambs spread are one of my favorite snacks also.

Last edited:
Word. Lucky you haven't even really reached that stage to even properly bulk to know where your mind goes at times. Especially if you're putting on some fat, man you can't wait to cut.

I rather think I look fat than be physically weaker and have outrageous cravings for food. Ask a bodybuilder that competes of they prefer cutting or bulking.

Yambs spread are one of my favorite snacks also.
:lol: Not even sure if pun was intended here!

I just throw the yams into the oven and bring them to work. I also like baked potato with a bit of salt sprinkled on top. Nutrition-wise, yam is second to none however.

I can't even fathom the thought of eating the snacks my friends at work eat, ie donuts, ice cream by the bucket, etc.

The whole bulk/cut discussion...

I think I've found my maintenance cals after trying for a month, that number being 3,000... After that damb cut, its taken me this long for my metabolism to get back to normal...feelsgoodman.gif

Gonna go to 3250 for the rest of the year minimum, I want to gain a ton of strength, and be able to throw heavy **** around. Once you've committed to this lifestyle, IMO its important to grasp the whole "its a marathon" mindset, which is what made me come to the conclusion of doing a long slow bulk.

Back to that discussion though...IMO cutting>>>*

It's SO much easier to eat under than eat as much as I've been currently at. But that's me

But if there's nothing to cut to show for reasons other than losing highweight ? Again, IMOYou're wasting time, which makes me feel more confident in this decision :pimp:

Last edited:
I'm Indian and my entire life I was brought up being vegetarian. That being said I have tried meat and I love it. I don't eat steak, lamb, or pork but I have tried chicken, sushi, turkey and it's awesome! Problem is I can't eat it while around my parents or bring it in the house and cook it so I only eat it when I'm away from my parents. I do eat soy products though that give me some protein and calories.
fair enough. Cant really argue with religious reasons. Recognize that vegetarian bodybuilding is significantly more difficult tho

When people tell you you're looking more muscular who don't know you've been toiling in the gym

Feels good and is motivating

:smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

Happy friday, fit fam.

Don't go too crazy w/ food on the weekend.

I know thats my biggest struggle. :smh:

The whole bulk/cut discussion...

I think I've found my maintenance cals after trying for a month, that number being 3,000... After that damb cut, its taken me this long for my metabolism to get back to normal...feelsgoodman.gif

Gonna go to 3250 for the rest of the year minimum, I want to gain a ton of strength, and be able to throw heavy **** around. Once you've committed to this lifestyle, IMO its important to grasp the whole "its a marathon" mindset, which is what made me come to the conclusion of doing a long slow bulk.

Back to that discussion though...IMO cutting>>>*

It's SO much easier to eat under than eat as much as I've been currently at. But that's me

But if there's nothing to cut to show for reasons other than losing highweight ? Again, IMOYou're wasting time, which makes me feel more confident in this decision :pimp:

Lol idk I think we use cutting too broadly. If you guys are talking about that post bulk 250-500 call then whatever, but there is nothing fun about cutting 1k calories. That's the difference from cutting down portions to cutting out 1-2 meals

Here's the deal I've been lifting for about 7 years. I'm 28 I'm 5'11" & weigh 220. Thing is I don't count calories or protein, carbs etc...I've actually been more or so ball parking it the last 4-5 years. I want to get my metabolism under control.

I wanna cut down to 200-205. As far as weights & cardio I'm good to go but sometimes I feel like I either under eat or over eat.

How many calories do I need every day? i haven't done it real strict in years. I obviously need to be in a caloric deficit but I'm having a hard time googling it & finding the answer.

Any tips NT?

Here's the deal I've been lifting for about 7 years. I'm 28 I'm 5'11" & weigh 220. Thing is I don't count calories or protein, carbs etc...I've actually been more or so ball parking it the last 4-5 years. I want to get my metabolism under control.

I wanna cut down to 200-205. As far as weights & cardio I'm good to go but sometimes I feel like I either under eat or over eat.

How many calories do I need every day? i haven't done it real strict in years. I obviously need to be in a caloric deficit but I'm having a hard time googling it & finding the answer.

Any tips NT?
Use a calorie counter and find out how much you're eating. Find your daily average and eat a few 100 calories less than that

Lol idk I think we use cutting too broadly. If you guys are talking about that post bulk 250-500 call then whatever, but there is nothing fun about cutting 1k calories. That's the difference from cutting down portions to cutting out 1-2 meals
Are you going straight from a bulk to a 1k cal deficit?

Are you going straight from a bulk to a 1k cal deficit?

No, I don't think anyone would ever do that. A cut that's more than 1lb per week is more than likely an obese person trying to cut a lot of fat (ala myself) bulking then cutting at 1k seems counter productive because you would lose the muscle you bulked for at a faster rate. When dudes finish bulking they tend to go on a slow cut (like .5 lbs a week.) so they can hold on to as much muscle as possible while losing fat

fair enough. Cant really argue with religious reasons. Recognize that vegetarian bodybuilding is significantly more difficult tho

Yea I know that it's a lot harder for vegetarians to build mass but I think that with consistency it can be done. Just bought the Optimum Serious Mass protein yesterday so I can't wait to throw that in the blender and start making my shakes.

When I was losing weight, I consume about 2k cals per day, sometimes a bit less if I'm too tired to eat. You can get full with 2k cals a day if you pick your foods correctly. I loved lean turkey on the Foreman grill with wheat buns and veggies on top. I rarely ate out during those months and was able to eat home or bring food to school.

Any tips NT?

It varies. Horrible answer, I know. Here's the thing...I've done the calculator thing and sometimes it's off. I suggest using it as a barometer, but tailoring your calories to how your body responds. You may be burning more or less than you actually think and miscalculate. The best way to go, in my opinion, is to track your calories for two weeks around a specific daily goal. At the end of those two weeks see if you've lost, gained, or remained the same and change it up from there.

Last edited:
#1 tip for the quoted question above this post

TRACK YOUR MEALS!!!

Sorry man, it may seem "tedious" , but it shows everything so long as you don't BS it.

Do it!!!!!

I like cutting more than bulking. I rarely wear a shirt in the summer, hell even winter, but I like seeing my abs and having more defined muscles in the summer than winter.

Also what is everyone's opinion on products such as Herbalife and Visalus... My coworker uses Visalus and my best friend uses Herbalife... I think they are effective but not sure whether it is cheaper (doubt it) than my sups I get online

Any tips NT?

You just described me about 4-5 months ago. Thought it was obssessive to count calories, always tracked my meals (written log :lol:), but never calories. Finally started doing that.

myfitnesspal is great, got put on by it via this thread.

Diving into the Nike Fuelband to track calories burned. Honestly, already feel the difference, I'm taking what I put in my body serious now. Already feeling the difference healthy wise, and noticing a little more definition. I'm about 4-6 weeks in. Shedding the fat on top of the muscle, :pimp:

Speaking of shirts, I'm surprised no one tried to produce an NT workout shirt yet. I see a bunch of bodybuilding t shirts being worn around..would be cool to see an NT one.

Speaking of shirts, I'm surprised no one tried to produce an NT workout shirt yet. I see a bunch of bodybuilding t shirts being worn around..would be cool to see an NT one.
i like this idea

I always wear universal nutrition/animal pak shirts to the gym and if someone else just happens to be wearing one also, we know were about that life 
pimp.gif

I would love to wear an NT workout shirt to the gym & see someone else wearing it also. Show the world NT is about this life 
nthat.gif

i like this idea

I always wear universal nutrition/animal pak shirts to the gym and if someone else just happens to be wearing one also, we know were about that life :pimp:

I would love to wear an NT workout shirt to the gym & see someone else wearing it also. Show the world NT is about this life :nthat:
I wonder how many others will be interested. For the purpose of working out, it's probably best if it's not a regular t shirt because sweat would just weigh the shirt down.

How much would you guys be willing to pay for one shirt? If there's say, at least 10 dudes interested, I may look into doing it. Of course, I have to talk to Meth first since it will have the NT logo.

Back
Top Bottom