STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

i like their products. the protein isn't spiked and tastes good. i've had snickerdoodle and cookies and cream. both were good.

i've also used high volume and alphamine with good results.
repped,
I ordered 3
their cookies n cream was sold out but i got snickerdoodle, peanutbutter cops and blondie (which I have no idea what flavor a blondie is)
I was looking at the comparrison of labels. 55 servings 33grams a serving for 35 bucks.
a crap ton cheaper than just about everything else
ON is 50 servings 31 grams for 54 bucks :x

Day 1 of my pullup journey. I was able to do 12 (3 sets of 4) but I had to use the parallel grips, guess it was hammer grip... couldn't do 1 with the wide grips like the lat pull down machine. Will getting up my reps on the hammer grips transfer over and help with the wide? Seems like I'm mainly using biceps and the wide grip would need my back.

Yeah that's the difference in the grips. Wide grip is pretty hard.

repped,
I ordered 3
their cookies n cream was sold out but i got snickerdoodle, peanutbutter cops and blondie (which I have no idea what flavor a blondie is)
I was looking at the comparrison of labels. 55 servings 33grams a serving for 35 bucks.
a crap ton cheaper than just about everything else
ON is 50 servings 31 grams for 54 bucks :x

Bruh Mts whey is like 60.

I just copped a tub because people always rant and rave about it. I had a 50$ eBay coupon so I said why not.

It better be incredible.

just checked online

Edit: 35 bucks for 3.76lbs.. i feel that's pricey, but i was about to get the MP brand for 40 for 4lbs even. and has that fluff they' were talking about

read more in to Amino spiking, im not to sure what to believe, every company that's been to court so far hasn't lost.
but claiming 9 grams out of the 24 is actual protein is sort of huge.
main company was the Inner Armour one.
I use to have a strange taste for their protein, it was chalky but sort of good.

geezus ive been up since 3 a.m. thank goodness it's a rest day today, just some cardio and a little bit of abs.
Does anyone take ZMA?

If you're talking MP as in muscle pharm please don't

Garage In every single way

Day 1 of my pullup journey. I was able to do 12 (3 sets of 4) but I had to use the parallel grips, guess it was hammer grip... couldn't do 1 with the wide grips like the lat pull down machine. Will getting up my reps on the hammer grips transfer over and help with the wide? Seems like I'm mainly using biceps and the wide grip would need my back.
You don't use any assistance when doing pull ups? I say use a light resistance band to be able to do the wide grip pull up. Helps strengthen those lats til you're able to pull without them. 

You don't use any assistance when doing pull ups? I say use a light resistance band to be able to do the wide grip pull up. Helps strengthen those lats til you're able to pull without them. 
I'll look into that. I just hate the pullup assist machine, not on some macho ****... I just don't feel like I'm doing the work even on low weight. I'll look into the bands, you just run em under your legs? Excuse my ignorance, I'm not extremely gym savvy.

Using different grips works different muscle group.  Look at it like benching. You have the Bench, Incline Bench, and Decline Bench. Rotating your grip will work all angles of your muscles: forearm, biceps, back. Some work more than others.

You keep doing the hammer grip and it will help you with your regular pull ups.  Just don't solely work on the hammer grip. Try some close girps, that helps with your lats.

I now do 5 sets of pull ups/push ups every morning. M-F.

Wide Grip 10 pull ups and 20 Push-ups

Wide Grip 12 pull ups and 27 Push-Ups

Wide Grip 12 pull ups and 27 Push-Ups

Close Grip 12 pull ups and 25 Push-Ups

Hammer Grip  As many pull-ups as I can (usually around 20) and 20 Push-ups

I increase each movement by 2 every week.

Last edited:
Reactions: JPS
Damn that's a crazy routine, I gotta cut some of my weight though... the perpetual bulk is not helping.

repped,
I ordered 3
hope you like them. i've heard mixed reviews on the blondie but some people really like it. my wife ordered a snickerdoodle for herself and i think she ordered me some alphamine.

i'm on the hunt for one of those belts that you can use to do weighted dips/pull-ups etc. the one i use at work is meant for something else and i've had the chain pinch my dik and that was awful.

stuntman mike stuntman mike repped you on that deal, picked up two of 3.7lb tubs of Snickerdoodle.

As for the pull-up/dip belt, I made my own from some instructions off rossboxing a few years ago. It ended up being more expensive than the pre-made belts, but it will last forever.

For my Oly Lifters in here, have you guys done any cleans/snatch with an arm sleeve?

After the tremendous clean workouts last week, my forearms and biceps are still feeling it.

Bruh Mts whey is like 60.

I just copped a tub because people always rant and rave about it. I had a 50$ eBay coupon so I said why not.

It better be incredible.
Red Velvet is the goat... pumpkin pie is damn good too. I vouch for their products plus lobiner throws in a bunch of freebies

For those who can't feel their lats when doing pullups, this video is a must watch

Red Velvet is the goat... pumpkin pie is damn good too. I vouch for their products plus lobiner throws in a bunch of freebies

For those who can't feel their lats when doing pullups, this video is a must watch

I got the cookies and cream, I hope it's good as everyone says.

I've been squating 4x a week for the past month to reach my goal of 315.

Before this my one rep max was 245, no belt.
Now im at 285. Hopefully i can hit 315 by february!

I'm 5'7, 156lb

I'll look into that. I just hate the pullup assist machine, not on some macho ****... I just don't feel like I'm doing the work even on low weight. I'll look into the bands, you just run em under your legs? Excuse my ignorance, I'm not extremely gym savvy.

The pull-up assist machine helped me progress. Focus on having good form. I could do a few pull-ups unassisted when I first started but I used the machine for a few months until my strength increased. I knew that hammer grip would come along so I focused on wide grip since it's more difficult. Now I'm able to knockout a good 12 before rest. I also start back days with a couple sets of pull-ups and usually end it with about 2 sets of wide and 2 sets hammer grip until failure.

If your biceps are feeling it after cleans/snatches, there might be a chance that you're either pulling too early and/or pulling too much with your arms ej. reverse curling

Don't do that CJ Cummings form. That's for him only lol

Subjective as hell. I see a lot more tall guys loading up heavy weight and repping out quarter squats while thinking they're doing it.

Don't get me wrong you got the young short dbags doing the same, but it seems more frequent with the tall ego not wanting to be outdone by the short guy in the next squat rack.

Kind of difficult to generalize considering how much limb lengths can vary regardless of height.

If your biceps are feeling it after cleans/snatches, there might be a chance that you're either pulling too early and/or pulling too much with your arms ej. reverse curling

Don't do that CJ Cummings form. That's for him only lol

dont know bro...I did 45 power cleans @ 115lbs.
Rest for 30 mins did 40 power cleans @ 165.
Then rest 30 mins and had to do max cleans and did 90kgs.

Coach was tripping with that. He did it the same way with my snatch day lol

Last edited:
Subjective as hell. I see a lot more tall guys loading up heavy weight and repping out quarter squats while thinking they're doing it.

Don't get me wrong you got the young short dbags doing the same, but it seems more frequent with the tall ego not wanting to be outdone by the short guy in the next squat rack.

Kind of difficult to generalize considering how much limb lengths can vary regardless of height.
i hear you. Even though i asked it, i know its kinda a stupid question. Partly i asked cuz im 6'4 and go ATG but have trouble going much heavier than 245. I dont squat often though

Last edited:
For my Oly Lifters in here, have you guys done any cleans/snatch with an arm sleeve?

After the tremendous clean workouts last week, my forearms and biceps are still feeling it.

Mobilize the area (i.e. Band pull aparts). Once you get the area moving soreness, tightness may go away. If it persist, might want to work on a non pull movement or just rest altogether. Good day to do drills, never hurts.

Back
Top Bottom