Survey & Yes a Few Other Questions For the SERIOUS Brand Jordan Consumer

rockdeep

Banned
What Up Fella's. I will throw pics of random crap in here just to keep those who NEED them can follow along.
Jumpman_logo.jpg

As you know time to time, I like to throw some thought provoking stuff out here...before being a Mod... WHILE being a Mod and even since bein a Non-Mod livingin Beaverton I'd like to do the same with a lil spin.

Over the years I have read, soaked up and made sense of alot of things seen in the Jordan Forum. I will admit alot of things I still can't figure out anddon't even choose to.
roll.gif
...but since living here... I have gottensomewhat MORE of an appreciation for what goes on IN the machine. With that being said, I can't say I have understood the reasons for EVERYTHING, but Ihave gotten a better appreciation for why ALOT goes on.

Let me delve INTO the point for those who really dislike NO pics, before I lose you...which actually is probably better anyway, as you will never help whatcould end up helping you in the long run.
72590529.jpg

For me, to get a better understanding of the Consumer.... I'd need to KNOW who my Consumer is... Meaning I am apart of Niketalk. But if you are atNike...and read my comments and critiques.. you could read them and say..

"hey.. he's got a good point, but is he the consumer we are actually targeting?"

I know that as I read MANY posts on NT now, I find myself asking the same question. I have learned to weave thru those responses that offer NO REASON, No goodresponse as to WHY they like or why they DISLIKE a Product.

For those that DO leave a diligent answer for the good OR bad... I have to think to myself.

Is this a 6'0 Foot Black dude who Skates
Is this a 5'5 Foot White Guy who golfs
Is this a 6'7 Asian who plays football
Is this a 7'0 European who plays Basketball

Are any of these guys 15 - 28
Do any of these guys actually buy Jordans to play basketball in.?
Do they purchase Team Shoes to Play basketball in or simply profile in?
heman_orko.jpg

I weed out those who say they don't buy Team Shoes SIMPLY because they are Team shoes.

Why?

Because those Consumers are considered Lifestyle Consumers who are classified and targeted for other Products.
They immediately are not considered as Serious Consumers because they have regarded a Shoe as Not good enough due to its TEAM Classification.
The shoe could be AS good as a Signature shoe, but they wouldn't know because they have discounted it from Jump Street.

So just to give you some insight. These are the things you would ALSO ask yourself IF you owned your own business. Do I know who my Consumer is?

I myself would like to see WHO is the Consumer and WHO is actually INTERESTED in giving Feedback that is critical and crucial in developing the NEXT Stage theNEXT Level of Brand Jordan Footwear.
panthro1024.jpg

For those who don't understand. The Designer and Product Line Manager's NEED to know what their Consumer likes and dislikes...but not just THAT theylike or dislike it, but WHY?

Typically Market Research is done in Major cities that have a big Market for Shoes Sales...New York, DC, California, Chicago and Atlanta...

I think when these Focus Groups are gathered you get a Hit and Miss feelings. For me.. I wouldn't want a Place full of Sneakerheads.....I would need aDiverse Group. Made up of ALL ethnic backgrounds.. ages.. and Atheletic Make ups.
Man-At-Arms.jpg

Those who Play Football. Basketball and Baseball.. as well as Train for other sports where they MIGHT already have a Shoe of choice in another Brand. It's a Consumer I would want to target, because altho they may have THEIR Choice of the greatest Cleat in another Brand.. in the offseason they may lack aTraining Shoe needed that fits their needs.

I also think you have to hit those small towns OTHER than the Major Cities usually visited. Why? Because THOSE guys are the one's who make up anotherlarge portion of Nike/Jordans Bottom line. They are those (You inthe small towns) who are forgotten and most times left out EVEN with General ReleaseProducts.

Thus you have given up on the Brand.
greenlantern_johnstewart_cartoon.jpg

I admit sometimes it's up to the Local Retailers to poole those Hungry for the Product together in order for them to know they can sell the product, butsome folks just don't support local retailers. Thus going online to find what they need, sometimes not even knowing there is someone local to visit.

What am I getting at?

Simple? Who here ANYWHERE in the 50 States would be willing to UP and Ready contribute to a Market Research Focus Group in your City or Town? Would you bewilling to NOT ONLY volunteer yourself for vital contributions... BUT find others who are different than you who are made up of different Races... sizes andor Athletic backgrounds in order to have a Rep come and have a Focus Group with you?

Before I moved here and worked here.. I did this as a Consultant and recently even helped out some friends in Sport Culture, as SoleSupreme can attest. Withtwo weeks notice we pulled together Guys and gals to give feedback to our Groups in order to work on the Next Lines. This happened in New York City.

Again... before Responding... think to yourself. LONG... Hard... And Smart. It's easy to Volunteer yourself, but would you be able to get those WHOWEREN"T on NT to come? Participate and Contribute just as much as YOU would want to?
fotolia_QuestionMark.jpg

Hey what can I say... once you get here.. you learn to tell a Story thru shoes.. so I figured Id keep you guys going thru pics as well as words... Hope youenjoyed it...and I hope to get some good responses to recap:

1. As a Consumer What is your Impact on the Jordan Product
2. What Product do you tend to purchase? Team? Signature?
3. Are you an Athlete or Sneakerhead or Casual Consumer?
4. Have YOU ever seen Michael Jordan PLAY basketball LIVE or LIVE on Television?
5. How Tall are you?
6. IF you dont purchase Team Products WHY?
7. What would sway you to wear Team Products?
8. Whats your favorite Technology?
9. Whats your favorite Material to play Basketball or to wear Casually?
10. If you play Football in Jordan Cleats where would you like to see them improve on Performance? (A personal favorite area of mine)
11. Can you or would you be willing to Volunteer and find others different than yourself to Volunteer to participate in Focus Groups?
12. Other comments you would like to add, as I couldn't ask EVERYTHING I'd want in a Simple Survey....
13. Age

Feel free. As always... all non serious posts need not be thrown in, as I am trying to actually help you all help yourselves in a good way. You can'tcomplain if your not willing to do something about it.

It could be a new day fellas.

ape_waving_hand_hg_clr.gif

- Without the consumer, there is no Jordan Brand. I know that is a very broad look at it, but that is what it comes down to in the end IMO.

-Some of both, mostly Signature.

-When it comes to JB shoes, a Sneakerhead. Although I do play in some JB shoes, however mostly Nikes.
4. Have YOU ever seen Michael Jordan PLAY basketball LIVE or LIVE on Television?

-Yes many times of both.
5. How Tall are you?

- 6 Foot

- N/A

-Fresh/unique designs

-Zoom Air

-Nubuck
10. If you play Football in Jordan Cleats where would you like to see them improve on Performance? (A personal favorite area of mine)

-Stability
11. Can you or would you be willing to Volunteer and find others different than yourself to Volunteer to participate in Focus Groups?

-Sure
12. Other comments you would like to add, as I couldn't ask EVERYTHING I'd want in a Simple Survey....

-N/A

1. As a Consumer What is your Impact on the Jordan Product ?
My impact is just a general consumer who purchases when I can afford to financially (hope I answered that right)

More Signature retro, but also Team for the support and quality for sports

I am all of the above

Yes, I have been watching Jordan since I can remember

5. How Tall are you?
6'3"

Does not apply

I already wear Team Products

Breathable material in the tounge for the 9.5's

Leather for basketball and Leather and Nubuck for Casual

Does not apply

If I had the time I would but I'm a parent, have work, and school full time

The quality needs to improve for the signature models, mainly retros.

I hope this helps man.

As a consumer, I like to think of myself as a part of a large group that needs to be listened to when it comes the release of certain Jordan Brand products. Those of us who have been loyal to not only the Brand but to the man himself need to heard. We did help build this empire, but if things keep going the waythey are (bad quality retros, packages that are extremely expensive for some etc.), JB may lose all of the people that helped make it what is today.

I tend to purchase mostly Signature shoes, with a few Team shoes here and there.

I am both an Athlete and Sneakerhead. I collect mostly Jordan Brand and Nike Product, but have been playing Basketball in Jordans for quite some time now.

On television I saw almost every Michael Jordan game I could. The Bulls were the team when I was growing up and what Michael was able to do on the court had asignifcant impact on the love I have for the game today.

5. How Tall are you?

5'10"

I buy what I like. If a Team Product catches my eye I will buy it.

I don't think anything can. Seeing Michael Jordan play in the Signature Shoes are what made the line so special. Going to 23 only does the mean justicebecause the number 23 will forever be associated with Michael Jordan. Anything above I probably will not buy to collect unless I really like it.

The IPS System used on the XX1 and XX2.

Leather for both.

N/A

Yes definitely if the timing was appropriate.

I would agree the quality needs to improve in order for me to continue to be a loyal buyer. If I am paying a large sum of money for a sneaker I want it tolast if I take care of it properly

Hope this helps man.

Originally Posted by RockDeep

What Up Fella's. I will throw pics of random crap in here just to keep those who NEED them can follow along.

roll.gif
I was skimming through this thread and was thinking to myself, "These pics have nothing to do with JB!!"
laugh.gif
So I decided to read.

My input:

I feel the same way as cincybcats22. Without us, the consumers, there is no Jordan Brand.

I tend to purchase signature shoes. I have nothing against the team line, though.

I'm an athletic sneakerhead.

Yes.

5. How Tall are you?
~ 5'10''

I feel that there are better sneakers made for basketball than JB's Team line, since that is what they are made for, correct? Well for the mostpart, yes, and I don't feel the need to have a team shoe just to have it, whether it be for performance or fashion. I guess you can say that nostalgiacomes into play when I say I just want sig shoes.

Great technology and a simple, classy, appealing design.

Foamposite and, I don't know if this is considered "technology" but, the Huarache sock/Inner Bootie.

B-Ball: Leather (Smooth or Tumbled). Casually: Leather or Suede/Nubuck.

N/A

Sure. Why not?

Pics of CD pack samples? Nike Air info? Free shoes?
nerd.gif
grin.gif

1. As a Consumer What is your Impact on the Jordan Product?
As a consumer, I support local non-chain retailers as much as possible unless there's a product not available in my area (LS, but there hasn't beenanything great recently).

The majority of what I purchase are Retros when funds are available, along with 1 or 2 Flagship models per year more recently.

Small-time Sneakerhead that wears everything casually. When I did play ball in middle school I never could make the team.

Of course it has been a while, but I have seen him play live on TV. My memories aren't anywhere near as vivid as most others on this board simply becauseI'm only 23 now and the sport of basketball has never been my passion.

5. How Tall are you?
5'8"

I have no problem with Team product. I have a pair of Trunners, Melo 1.5's, a couple Hydro's, and a few tees with many pairs of socks. Most of the timeI don't purchase Team product though because even though it might have that IT factor I feel like my money could be better spent on something else.

There's been some great stuff, but sometimes they just don't grab my like I would have hoped. (JAQ's are the @*$+ though, prolly have to getthose).

My favorite Technology would probably have to be the Zoom Sockliner. i.e. Flightposite and ZL IV

Being that my favorite 2 shoes are Foam/Zoom based I would go with that combo.

N/A

I would be willing. I imagine I would know enough people in my area to get something together like that. i.e. customers/friends/family (My friends and familyreally don't have the same taste in shoes/apparel as myself)

Can't think of anything right now. If there's anything you think of you want to ask me specifically you know how to get at me.

QUOTE:
I feel that there are better sneakers made for basketball than JB's Team line, since that is what they are made for, correct?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I definately liked that answer. This is the sort of stuff Designers want to find out and see what they can do to Improve wherever OR bring consumers like youIN and try what you may not have thought was for you.

FYI for everyone answering so far and still planning to. Thanks. It takes time to put answers down and shows you want to make a difference. No answer is abad answer...and as far as your fav. technology..it doesn't really mean just tech you have seen within Jordan.. it can be ANY brand in or out of Nike...

As far as Impact as a Consumer... I should have been clearer...

I meant your Impact as far as a Regular Customer... Occasional... Hobby or what have you over the years...

I also think you have to hit those small towns OTHER than the Major Cities usually visited. Why? Because THOSE guys are the one's who make up another large portion of Nike/Jordans Bottom line. They are those (You inthe small towns) who are forgotten and most times left out EVEN with General Release Products.

Just to add. I'd love to have a focus group in my store/mall. Just in case you know someone that is specifically looking for a location, we're in NETexas in a town of about 25,000. As far as I can tell, a fairly diversified group for as small of a town as Marshall.

1. My impact on the line is that I buy what I like. I refuse to buy variant looking colors and other shoes that don't appeal to me. I am very hard toplease, but when I am pleased, I will spend the extra $$$ to buy multiple pairs of something done properly.

2. I tend to purchase Signature Jordans, but team Jordans meant for training are also purchased. The Jumpman Trifecta is by far the most comfortable shoe Iown. I refuse to wear that shoe when it is muddy out in fear of ruining it. I wore them to and from baseball games as a player and now wear them as a coach.

3. I am first and foremost an athlete. I buy shoes for comfort. I try and work out 7 days a week, but with exams and what not I try to make it more of a 5day a week thing. I always used to play in my Air Jordans in school, but now tend to wear regular Nike Bball products. I also consider myself a casual buyerof shoes I love.

4. I grew up in Chicago and have seen Michael play plenty on TV, but never live in person.

5. I am 5'10"

6. N/A

7. Price has a big influence on my purchasing decisions now that I'm in college. 30% off sales and the once in a while treat of a shoe are the only timeI buy. In high school, I would buy at any price just because I loved the shoe. The increase of prices in Team J's has made me frown upon them as of late. The zoom bball 2 is a technologically sound shoe priced at $100. Some horrible technology team Jordans are priced at over $100 now. I don't see thejustification in such an increase in price if technology doesn't come with it.

8. Zoom Air Insoles. Please give us more of these.

9. High quality leather. I feel like the shoe holds up better on the court, breaks in nicer, and keeps the water out when it rains 300 days out of the yearat school.

10. N/A

11. I'd love to. I think that with the help of a Nike rep I could get plenty of people to participate too. There are 40,000 of us between the ages of18-25. I also am very loyal to the company and keep in touch with a good guy from marketing. I'm sure you know him form Jordan Marketing. I usually sendhim ideas I have about products. He never gives out info, but he's a great contact to have none the less. Always informative and helpful with corporateinfo.

12. A project like this really interests me, and I would love to be a help. Of course my studies would come first, but I would donate any extra time toseeing what athletes on campus, casual athletes, and general shoe heads think.

13. 20 years old.

As a consumer I feel that I am one of many who support Nike and Jordan and is part of their target market.

I buy mostly retros and a few pairs of the new signature shoe that releases every year.

I play basketball and love Jordans. I would say that I am a combo of all three.

I went to see him play Portland as a kid and i watched every game that i could from when i started loving him till when he retired.

5. How Tall are you?
5'9''

I feel they dont quite represent the greatness that was MJ and i also think that regular Nike bball shoes are a little better in both performance and design.

If they came out with an innovative and cutting edge design and had great performance on the court.

I like Zoom Air but i am also growing towards the foam tech.

I like leather on the court because nubuck looks bad after it has been stepped on a million times. I wear nubuck and leather casually also.

I dont sorry.

Haha, a sports marketing class at my school is participating is Nike focus groups. Unfortunately i had that class last semester so i cant do it. But to answeryour question, i would.

Keep Jordans simple and as original as possible so i can get a chance to capture some of the legacy of MJ and relive my young years wearing OG baby BordeauxVII's. (Which i still have)
happy.gif

13. Age

1.) My impact on Jordan Brand isn't as big as it once was. I started wearing Jordan retros in 1999 when all of my friends had no clue what they wereabout. I represented the brand hard. I was basically a walking advertisement for Jordan back in the day. Everyone knew I'd have the latest Jay's andwonder where, how I got them. Not that the brand wasn't successful back in the day its just that it didn't have as much steam as it has now with 15different releases a year. Before it was one signature shoe per year with all the colorways and then maybe lows. The beginning was when they started with theretros and for that I played a big part in my community to get the word out by flossing jays all day everyday. For this first three four years I continuallywould field questions about how what where I got my retros. I pretty much spread the word about retros from day 1.

2.) Mostly signatures, but have copped brand a couple of times.

3.) I'm an athlete, sneakerhead, and casual consumer.

4.) From Chicago and I went to about 4 or 5 games a year including games at the Chicago Stadium.

5.) six feet

6.) Always purchased the signatures because thats where the history is. Mike played in those shoes on the court not the brand jordans. I prefer thesignatures because they are identifed with a particular time in Jordans career. They are tied to memories I have of him playing in those shoes.

7.) Once these signitures are done, I'm sure I will switch to buying team jordan products. I suspect Jordan Brand will concentrate on these shoes morethan before and therefore will come up with the same great designs and technology that they have employed with the signatures.

8.) Favorite technology is the graphite plate. Love me some support in my shoes.

9.) No preference in material to play in or wear casually.

10.) Don't play football.

11.) Yeah I would participate.

12.) The one thing I would add is that Jordan hurts fans like me by making the latest all-star colorway so limited. I don't believe Jordan Brand trulyknows their consumers and how much dedication they have given to the brand throughout the years. Never has a signature main colorway been this limited, so whymake it this way now. I have been loyal to Jordan first the man and second to the brand. I think this says a lot though, because the night before thisrelease I was watching old Bulls games in honor of the man himself. And I'm not talking classic espn games. I have a complete library of games (over 500) that I watch on a regular basis to remind me of how sick Michael Jordan was as a basketball player. Then the next day I wake up to go to Niketown Chicago,get there two hours ahead of the scheduled opening time only to see a bunch of fake fans buying some beanie babies for themselves. I'm not saying allpeople in line were this way because I meant some true heads too. However to most of the people in line its not about the man and his game, its about theresale value of the shoe. I saw a mom and dad buying for their kid, 2 thirteen year-olds who know of Jordan only through espn. and other people who are in itfor all the wrong reason. I overheard somebody in front of me say, "I'm going to buy 2 and put one on ebay." Thats the problem with makingthese shoes limited it doesn't serve the true fan of Michael Jordan. I know there are true fans out there who felt robbed after this release. MaybeJordan is trying to make collecting just as competitive as he was on the court. Nows its become a game in its self of how to get the shoes. The problem withthis is your isolating your true fans who have been there since day 1. I somehow feel I deserve this though, because I have been an ambassador to this brandfor a long time and have always been trying to set the trends, and therefore maybe I got what I deserved, I became the trendsetter and now I have to deal withit or start a new trend.

Sorry this part became so long I just wanted to put some input in this part about how I was feeling about Jordan Brand recently. Anyway I hope this helps youout.

Overall though, I've meant many cool people just based on the common ground that wearing Jordans bring.

- Posting on NT a lot of what we say is heard by JB

- Only Retros and Sigs

-I'm an athlete and sneakerhead

- only live on TV when he played the lakers ( years after 1998 )

5. How Tall are you?

-5'10 / 5'11

- style is not that great, although i will be copping the 14.5 and 12.5 as well as the B'loyal if i can find for 40

- More tech. like changable pods, exclusiveness, nice price tag

- Posite's / Zoom

- i like to play in Posite, casually i wear patent as well as bball sometimes

-i played football for one day and wore random nikes

- I wouldnt mind if there were some Perks, i could prob. find others too

- Dont kill the retro

13. Age
- 13 ( yes 13, 14 on march 24 th
wink.gif
)

And you KNOW that's true.... funniest thing I've seen on NikeTalk in a minute. I bet it's effective, too, but you know I can'tinsert pictures of Orko in a 5,000 word post on racism.

I think when these Focus Groups are gathered you get a Hit and Miss feelings. For me.. I wouldn't want a Place full of Sneakerheads.....I would need a Diverse Group. Made up of ALL ethnic backgrounds.. ages.. and Atheletic Make ups.
I think the problem with this logic is that you're sitting on the single best representation of dedicated sneaker fans in North Americaavailable - and discounting that because it's assumed that "this isn't the team consumer anyway." The problem is that consumers refuse toconfine themselves to the neat boxes marketing folks are wont to construct to make their own lives easier. Your "sneakerhead" also may buy 1-2 shoesfor performance each year. Your "athlete" probably buys casual shoes or signature shoes just to post up in. If, by making a few adjustments to theproduct, you could ADD prestige to the team line - wouldn't you be helping yourself out ACROSS THE BOARD? So, rather than say "oh, this consumerwould never buy a team shoe," rather than assume this to be the case SOLELY because of "status," from the product perspective it would befoolish not to dig a little deeper and ask, "what are WE doing to alienate this consumer?" If it's beyond your control, it's beyond yourcontrol - but FAR too often it's simply attributed to the consumer. "Oh, he's too fickle.. it's not for him anyway... we didn't doanything wrong." That's irresponsible.

In general, if you're doing a focus group obviously you get into sampling issues - and sampling is a science. If you want to ensure a healthy mix in termsof racial/ethnic groups, age, etc. you're probably looking into purposive sampling as opposed to pure random sampling and you have to account for that whenattempting to extrapolate what you've garnered from a focus group session to the larger population with respect to generalizability. What you'resuggesting, asking people to round up a diverse group, is considered snowball sampling - and while convenient it's not really scientific. THe people you'll gather will of course have something in common: they're all within this one person's social network, they were all at the bus station whenyou rounded them up, whatever, So, I'd be careful about that. With NT, it is what it is. You know that it's already a diverse group, not here becausethey're "representative" of anything but because they're so dedicated to sneakers that they've gravitated toward our community. You knowwhat you're getting and you don't pretend it to be anything else. In other words, the very qualities that damn, in the eyes of many marketingprofessionals, NikeTalk in terms of its representativeness are what makes it so reliable as opposed to the amateurish, pseudo-scientific sampling meansgenerally employed by marketing personnel. That's not a knock against you, I'm merely explaining why I find it so specious of people to dismiss thevalidity of the feedback our members generate. The industry would, in many ways, be better off if our members' voices were honored rather than ignored. Of course, members should keep in mind the old saying, "be careful what you wish for - you might just get it in heaps" as was the case withbuzz-words like "retro," "limited," etc. that have been run into the ground.
This one's pretty easy. The team product is designed to be a compromised product. It's a low-end basketball shoe in terms of materialquality and, usually, tech that is NOT comparable to similarly priced Nikes. Look what $100 buys you in terms of the Zoom BB. Compare that to Team Jordanproduct. The consumer looking for performance oriented products - and that includes almost all of us at one point or another, since many of us do at leastplay sports recreationally, cannot in good conscience buy the Team Jordan product if they've done even the most cursory of product research/comparisonprior to purchase. It's just not a very good shoe for the money from a performance standpoint. Let's be blunt about it: Team Jordan has come to meanmiddling crap, it's a little brother, takedown version of the signature line, and the signature line is no longer considered "the best basketball shoemoney can buy," it's considered a fashion statement. In the old days, it used to be both simultaneously.

The guys who do buy the Team Jordans are either a) buying it on sale, so that it does turn out to be competitive price-wise with other products b) not overlyconcerned with performance and is just looking for a Jordan brand shoe to play ball in / run into the ground for image purposes - whereas it would be tooexpensive/wasteful to do so in the overpriced signature product. The Jordan logo has a certain degree of cachet. As long as it comes "close" interms of price and performance to any other brand, it'll get the nod because it's a Jordan product. That's the best advantage you can ask for -and it's consistently squandered.

If you want people to wear the product casually, either the price needs to decrease or the material/build quality needs to increase. There are too manychoices out there to expect the consumer to buy overpriced garbage. If you want people to wear the product for performance reasons, build the damned thingsfor performance. Instead, all that's generally done is to build the same mid-range basketball product that Nike's been building since the mid '90sand charge what is, these days, a fairly high range price for it.

Would you buy a $50,000 BMW 3, Audi A3, Mercedes C, whatever, that basically had the same engine, suspension, etc. as a Toyota Carolla? Would you buy a$50,000 car with black plastic side mirrors and door handles? The logo says "expensive," the price is relatively expensive, and yet the car itself,though it borrows styling cues from its high end brethren, is decidedly low end in terms of looks and performance. You're really limiting yourself bydeciding that your target audience amounts to "suckers" willing to overpay for mediocrity.

Typically try to post as much as I can on NT and ISS, though after taking a new job that has diminished a lot in the past few months. I work in an environmentthat has a lot of kids and one thing that I can do that gets them excited is bust out the heat from the good ol days and give them a bit of a history lesson -as a corollary it seems that they have become more interested in the whole sneaker culture and ask a lot of questions about what I wear and why, and thenusually they end up bugging their parents to get them the new retros of an OG shoe that I will wear at convenientally chosen times
wink.gif

I tend to purchase signature, mainly because I can afford it and I have an attachment to the brand since I always grew up with the newest OGs. I've had ahandful of team shoes (Enhancer, 3 Percent, etc.) but have just never been as fond of them as they've always been the "Diet Coke" of sneakers tome - not that there's anything wrong with that, but if you can have a regular Coke, why compromise?

I was an athlete in college and still play recreationally, but these days by the definition you outlined above I'd have to say I'm more of aSneakerhead than at athlete.

Yes, many times for both.

5. How Tall are you?
6'1''

Again, I've purchased them before, but I think the general perception is that the team shoes are the discount version for those who can't afford thesignature line - that's an image that Jordan Brand has propogated (in my opinion) and it's really manifested itself over the years to basically poisonthe well against team shoes (with certain notable exceptions like most recent .5 shoes, though those are really just as much retro fusion as they are teamshoes).

If there was real, honest to goodness tech and innovation that was CLEARLY on par with the signature on line. I realize that the team shoes do have newer techin them these days, but again coming back to perception being reality, Jordan Brand has always (at least to me and most that I talk to about sneakers on apersonal basis) seemed to promote the team shoes as strategically inferior and the same effort does not go into them that goes into the signature line. Thereversal of this process would greatly sway my thinking, on an individual level at least.

Overall, double stack zoom is Nike's best, along with foamposite and then different iterations of the max air in Air Max 95's and 97's. JordanBrand's IPS is promising, but still not on the same level as double stack zoom, but I think one of the truly underrated techs is the auto pump in some ofReebok's shoes like the Iverson IX. Call me crazy, but I LOVE that shoe and I think the feel is amazing of how it holds my foot and performs on the court.

For basketball and other athletic competition type events I'd have to go with foamposite and anything with a carbon fiber plate. Casually, nothing beats alittle patent to class things up a bit.

I can't speak to this as I was not a football player.

I would be willing to, but living in Lexington, Kentucky, I'm not sure I could find enough for a wide scale focus group like I think you have in mind - thewill is there, but the opportunity may not be. I do love sharing my thoughts in a forum like this, so if we could contribute that way I would certainly welcomethe opportunity.

Keep asking questions RockDeep, the "real" people who care WILL come out the woodwork eventually - we have to be the change we wish to see, and youguys have to first identify what that change is and you can only do that from the feedback we give you. You guys aren't mind readers and forums like thisare the best opportunity we as consumers have to suggest change and see it actually enacted for us.

13. Age

Good survey - hope to see more like it in the future.

As a consumer the JB brand has impacted me by being able to buy some real good quality shoes that are not only real durable but they are also shoes that youcan flos.

I bought some team back in the day when u could not afford the signature but now oly but the Signature since there are less people rocking them.

I fall into all of the three but i just can seem to find some JB baseball cleats.

No...i was not able to watch him play.

5. How Tall are you?
5'11"

Because they are are back up shoes to the real thing..."they are like the bench warmers for me...only if their is no other option"

If they discontinue the Signatures

the airzoom

Leather since its easy to clean

How about the Baseball cleats....they need to make more metal spike JB cleats since you can feel the metal after a long day of wearing the cleats...morecushing

If they would have me testing baseball cleats i would...other than that i dont know

Why are baseball J's to hard to find...i dont like the Jeters

13. Age

I buy the product and if i dont they'll lose some money.
signature
ALL 3
When i was really little i dont remeber but i have a video of me watching a game when i was like 3
5. How Tall are you?
5'9
N/A
just something that'll make me go wow...those are sick
zoom air
tumble leather
I Dont wear Jordan cleats...i go with the Blade Shark 3 for football which are VERY COMFORTABLE
13. Age

- Jordan Brand says that they put out the best shoe that they can put out there, technology wise and quality wise. As a consumer I see that this they aremissing their initial statement.
- Signature
- An athlete who happens to collect sneakers.
- Yes
5. How Tall are you?
- 6 feet
- You're not getting what you're paying for.
- Better technology, quality, and prices
- Zoom Air
- Tumbled leather
- I only had one pair of JB cleats and they were perfectly fine (XII)
- Sure
- Step up JB. You know that you're capable to meet our demands so put in the effort.
13. Age

I have been a Jordan Brand consumer since it's inception. Products purchased range from the signature line to the legacy line to the training line.

I tend to stick to the Signature line.

I would consider myself all of the above, although I dislike the term "sneakerhead". I am a rec athlete (Basketball, Baseball, Softball,Snowboarding).

I watched Michael Jordan play plenty of times throughout his career, both on Television and Live.

5. How Tall are you?
6'

Simply put, the team line's focus seems to be on flash and little substance. When it comes to basketball shoes, I tend to be very loyal, and I usuallypurchase 2 or 3 pairs of those shoes that will last me a few years. The last Team Jordan I wore for basketball were the Jumpman Pros, nothing else has evencompared tech wise. I did try the B'Loyals, and it was a big mistake, since the grip was almost non existent. I gave them away, and was highlydissapointed. Now, I wouldn't say that I would never buy a Team shoe again, but I am waiting for something of substance to come along. As far asbasketball shoes are concerned, I tend to stick to Nike's. I have worn Huarache 2k4's and 2k5's religiously since they dropped on the scene. Irecently purchased the Zoom BBII's that I intend to wear, since they offer the performance and comfort I come to expect from Nike Basketball products.

No more flash. Get rid of the use of patent leather and other gimmicks. Stop with the hybrid mindset, and focus more on performance.

Zoom Air.

For basketball, nothing beats the Leather/Nubuck combo. Casually it depends, on my runners I like mesh on other shoes nubuck.

I have dabbled in Flag Football, and there isn't a decent JB cleat on the market. I've seen the Jordan Jeter's for baseball, but I prefer NikeZoom 5 Tools, the molded version.

I would volunteer for a focus group, but I will have trouble rounding people up.

Jordan Brand needs to simplify their products. I know they like to cater to the young kids, but sometimes looking at their products it seems likethey are ignoring the consumers that actually grew up watching Jordan, the man himself, play LIVE. Most of these shoes have loud colors that older people intheir mid to late 20's just don't feel comfortable wearing. Personally, I only wear black Jordan shorts, since they are nice and simple and don'thave images splattered all over. I guess you can say the same about the shoes. I understand Retro's are made so people could wear them casually, but itseems like Jordan Brand tries to walk the thin line with every sneaker they release and in essence they sacrifice performance.

13. Age

Thanx for the pix Rock !
laugh.gif

I will participate tomorrow because I'm going to bed! This is a great thread!

Buying the product.

Sig.

Sneakerhead

Both. Pops was a bulls fan, and we lived 100 miles south of Chicago.

5. How Tall are you?
6'6" (tallest so far) Size 14-15

Cause I cant stop buying Js

N/A

I dont ball....So good ol' leather

13. 27

12: I would like to see bigger sizes in JB clothes (Shirts) I have seen TONS of sick J shirts that I would have bought in the past but they are only 1-2x.I'm 6'6" and need atleast a 5XLT Tee. It blows my mind how a company based on a big man only makes clothes catered to small-average sized people.Ihave searched and searched for Jordan clothes my size and never found a single shirt...Same thing goes with the shoe size too. My local shoe stores order just1 pair of 14s and 1 pair of 15s for EVERY shoe they get in! I never find the shoes I want in my size...I then resort to the internet.

1.) As a consumer what is your impact on the Jordan product?
~To be able to represent myself through the JB sneakers. It is practically the only sneakers I buy, and I wear them out of sentimental value. For the love ofthe shoes. But if I don't like the products, they don't and won't be purchased.

2.) What product do you tend to purchase? Team? Signature?
~Without a doubt, signature. Unless you strictly want a cheaper alternative to play basketball in. Why rock a distant cousin of JB signature models?

3.) Are you an Athlete or Sneakerhead or Casual Consumer?
~I consider myself all 3. I play basketball recreationally and work out at the gym to stay in shape. But moreso, I'd say the latter 2 is more apropos forwho I am....

4.) Have YOU ever seen Michael Jordan PLAY basketball LIVE or LIVE on Television?
~Yes I have. Plenty of times.

5.) How tall are you?
~6 foot

6.) IF you don't purchase Team Products WHY?
~Refer to my answer to question 2.

7.) What would sway you to wear Team Products?
~A shoe that is priced under $100, that continually puts out shoes with more bang for the buck. I want quality...because Team shoes are strictly going to beworn for basketball. The signature line is pricy enough.

8.) What's your favorite technology?
~Undoubtedly, the zoom air technology. I wear all of my sig shoes for casual wear. So even though I still love my retros, the technology in those older modelretros are old and obsolete. It feels sooo good to rock an OG 18 or OG 19 and experience the pillow like cushioning of zoom air.

9.) Whats your favorite Material to play Basketball or to wear Casually?
~Leather and tumble leather because of the durability.

10.) If you play Football in Jordan Cleats where would you like to see them improve on Performance? (A personal favorite area of mine)
~N/A because although I love football. I'm in my 20's already and I don't suit up anymore for football games. When I did it was Nike Shark.

11.) Can you or would you be willing to Volunteer and find others different than yourself to Volunteer to participate in Focus Groups?
~If my schedule deems it possible, yes.

12.) Other comments you would like to add, so I couldn't ask EVERYTHING I'd want in a Simple Survey...
Nike/JB need to do their best to please the majority. When it comes to retro Jordans, we appreciate the things often overlooked such as "Nike Air" onthe back. We deserve it, because we have been loyal and often pay more than what the OG's were in their heyday....some of that can also be attributed toNike products in general as well.

13.) Age?
~26

I have a huge impact on the Jordan Product. I wear the product proudly and I can convince people into buying the product because of endless reasons.
I tend to buy Signature shoes but I have some team shoes that I bought on sale. I would never buy a team jordan shoe at regular price.
I am all three except I don't store my shoes at all but I wear them all.
Yes indeed since 1993 at the age of 7. If it wasn't for MJ and the Bulls my life would be different. Very true I lived in a rough situation and I wouldbe at home by myself most of the time and I had a passion for watching MJ and the Bulls on TV and this was the only thing making me happy at the time. I wouldliterally draw and talk about MJ and the Bulls when I was a kid and I still have the drawings and writings that my mom saved from elementary school.
5. How Tall are you?
5'11
This is a really good question. 1st of all I work at Niketown so I wouldn't buy any shoe at retail price only with my discount. I look at Jordan TeamProducts and it just doesn't catch my attention at all. There are VERY few that will catch my attention like the 9.5's but the price discourages mefrom getting them. For example I always try on all the basketball shoes since I am a basketball specialist and lately I compared the Kobe 3's, LebronV's, BB 2, 9.5's Jordan, The Elite (shox and max), windmills, ol'school, etc. The problem with Jordan Team Shoes is first of all they are way tooexpensive compared to other basketball shoes. Secondly they suck from a performance standpoint. Overall I just feel like Team Jordans were made to keepconsumers buying while another signature or retro is going to come out. I just feel like no effort is put into quality, design, performance, advertising,materials, and pricepoint.
Price, design, performance, materials, quality would sway me into wearing these shoes. I usually look for all of these in a Jordan shoe and I just don'tsee Team Jordan hit these key selling points.
I liked the IPS in the XXII, lacelocks, really good breathable upper, the inner sockslever in the VIII's, Technology from the VI (tongue),
basketball=leather casual=nubuck/suede/patent leather
stability and cushioning
Absolutety
I have been wearing Jordans since I was a little kid and I have a passion for it. I am seeing the Jordan Brand company going downhill from now on. It justseems like the company can use the cheapest materials, worse colors, horrible qualities, and high price points. I understand that they can do this since theseshoes are being sold out all the time, but at a certain point people will wake up and smell the coffee and quit buying. It will be sad when everyone realizethat they are being misused and not appreciated! Look at this year alone (Jordan XX3's selling for $185 and one for $230, 11 Countdown packs at $310, 3Quickstrike Packs that I just found out about, QS XX3, too much!) I just hope that Jordan brand rethink about their consumers!
13. Age

I guess my impact could be the fact that I do purchase some shoes from the line, and provide a word of mouth to those who are interested in the sneakers in afashion or performance sense..

Signature

I am an athlete first, and secondly a casual consumer. I always want a sneaker that feels good on the court, but most importantly looks good as well.. Thosetwo basically tie me in to being a sneakerhead.. I guess.

Yes I have seen Michael Jordan play live on television, but mostly from '93-'98.. I was more of an Alonzo Mourning fan in the early 90's during hisCharlotte days, so I did not really recognize and acknowledge Jordan's early accomplishments during the 80's and very early 90's.. Not to mentionthat I was born in '85..

5. How Tall are you?
5"11

Well, I do purchase team products, but it's the team shoes from the 90's IE: Jumpman Pro Quicks, Jumpman Pro's.. But, now I just haven't seenmuch interest in the team Jordan line, b/c honestly there are so many shoes from the Jordan signature and retro line being marketed heavily, that I overlookthe team Jordan line.. Seems as if the retro and signature lines are the companies main focus, and since the quality on most of those retro sneakers are faultyand they spend so much time marketing them, why invest in the team Jordan line? And so far, the Team Jordans selling point is based upon looks and style thana good basketball shoe. IE: Hybrids, .5s.. It seems as if the direction is more towards the look rather than the actual basketball aspects of the shoe. Whenit comes to basketball, I'm looking towards Adidas or Nike for performance based shoes.. For Casual, I'll lean towards the Jordan signature line..

A shoe that has good performance and a good look. And maybe if the Jordan brand focused much more of it's time on improving the technology and performanceand making innovative changes on the team based shoe, instead of putting all of their times and efforts trying new innovations to improve the wear of thesignature line and marketing the retro lines with colour schemes and shoe packs, I may pay more attention to the Jordan team line.

My favorite shoe period is the Nike Vis Uptempo.. The spandex Fit-sleeve inside the shoe provided so much comfort, along with the Zoom air pockets, that thisshoe was an A+ in the cushioning and ankle support area..

To play, it has to be leather.. Casually suede/nubuck... Haven't really played in an all-suede or nubuck upper, so leather is the only choice as of now forplay.

N/A

Sure, especially with an incentive involved
tongue.gif

Not really anything new, but I would like to know what warrants the shoe of a price tag of $175? I've tried on shoes that has a better performance andfeel, that I am stumped why the Jordan signature line increased so much in price.

13. Age

- financially; A LOT!!
- personally; i hope the brand really takes into consideration the thoughts and feedback we as consumers ask for, which basically boils down to QUALITY ofmaterials and craftsmanship. they can put whatever color they want but please make the ones people actually want more available.

- definitely signature and some team (i.e. team elites; not the recent "retros" but the original lows)

- id classify as myself as an "athlete," b baller and sneakerhead but basically only nike basketball or jordans...not into dunks etc. so if thatdoesnt classify me as a sneakerhead then put me where ever i fall into.

- yes countless times, im a 80's baby, 81' to be exact.

5. How Tall are you?
- 4'9" haha jk 5'10"...not that im making fun of those who are 4'9"

- i do.

- bad design or performance

- zoom air

- full grain leather for its quality but nubuck or suede would be ok but preferably full grain leather upper

- id love to own a pair but i dont have use for them other than the very very occasional flag football with friends

- NO DOUBT!!! SIGN ME UP!!

- great job on the post and contribution to the NT community Rock! keep it up and keep making us proud at nike.

13. Age

btw great post especially after the whole swoosh broadcast on cnbc! was finally able to see a reshowing of the program. i enjoyed the program and liked howthey addressed the workers in asia treatment etc.

Back
Top Bottom