The College Basketball Post

A lot of the "most ready to contribute right away" prospects lately have flopped; Evan Turner, Derrick Williams, Thomas Robinson, Otto Porter, etc.
Agreed.

Even though I will give Otto a break since he was projected as a glue guy anyway.

I don't get the fascination with saying Prospect X is the most pro-ready. Just because Doug is "most pro-ready" you aren't going to take him even in the top 5 or possibly even 10.

Last edited:
A lot of the "most ready to contribute right away" prospects lately have flopped; Evan Turner, Derrick Williams, Thomas Robinson, Otto Porter, etc.

I mean, they all had really obvious limitations. Think Porter is the most surprising but he's playing behind vets and dealt with injuries early.

"most ready to contribute right away"

Is a nonsense term used to justify trying to keep a guy in school longer, nobody is ready to contribute right away unless they are like a 4 year senior JImmy Butler or Kawhi Leonard.

after watching Rick Barnes, then Dave Rice, then Bill Self, im really starting to get annoyed at college basketball in general.

hopefully Trey Lyles and coach cal's dribble drive will be more fun.

Last edited:
after watching Rick Barnes, then Dave Rice, then Bill Self, im really starting to get annoyed at college basketball in general.

hopefully Trey Lyles and coach cal's dribble drive will be more fun.
What do you mean by getting annoyed? Why/how so?

Most CBB offense is so struggle, that 24 second shot clock is needed.

Watching teams make meaningless perimeter passes for 30 seconds to take a long 2 hurts my head

Last edited:
What do you mean by getting annoyed? Why/how so?

I watch all the nba prospects, especially Canadian prospects, and the best Canadian prospects have gone to coaches who run stupid backward offences. Tristan and Cory at texas, Anthon Bennett and Khem Birch at UNLV, WIggins at Kansas. Trey Lyles is at Kentucky so hopefully this changes.

they run idiotic offenses that are predicated on basically not losing, rather than optimizing the talent on the squad.

Self and Barnes can coach defense and I understand why this may be good in a one game elimination tournament but

1. Its frustrating to watch.

2. I get annoyed at people who think that staying in college "develops" players or that they are "learning something" when really most coaches are just trying keep their jobs.

other than:

The Mayor
Coach K
Jon Belien
Coach Cal
Boehiem
Mark Few
Pitino and son.
Mcderrmott

I just think most of it is difficult to watch, they need a 30 second shot clock BAD.

If I see one more triple or quadruple hand off 35 feet from the basket I will kill myself.

I watch CBB, for the passion, and intensity of each game, but NOT for the quality of ball because it mostly stinks.

Last edited:
Smart is the best Pro ready Player in CB,other than the attitude.. Funny how the HYPED Freshmans will go before him if they enter.. (No pun intended tho) Just callin it how i "SEE" it..

You smoking dope if you think he is more ready then Bari and hood.

Negative. Dougie and Smart is.

Y'all fools drunk in here.

Dog. I already said Parker is the best player in this class, doesnt mean he's the best pro ready prospect. But like whats been said thats a dumb discussion.

I have to be drunk in order to watch this team.

Serious question right now. What are you talking bout, are you drunk?

Pretty sure hes talking about the Buckeyes

Kentucky is a NIT team this Season.. But since they are so Glorified and a big dog in CB,they will make the Tourney.. But i dont think they Would win the NIT if they Went..

I watch all the nba prospects, especially Canadian prospects, and the best Canadian prospects have gone to coaches who run stupid backward offences. Tristan and Cory at texas, Anthon Bennett and Khem Birch at UNLV, WIggins at Kansas. Trey Lyles is at Kentucky so hopefully this changes.

they run idiotic offenses that are predicated on basically not losing, rather than optimizing the talent on the squad.

Self and Barnes can coach defense and I understand why this may be good in a one game elimination tournament but

2. I get annoyed at people who think that staying in college "develops" players or that they are "learning something" when really most coaches are just trying keep their jobs.

other than:

The Mayor
Coach K
Jon Belien
Coach Cal
Boehiem
Mark Few
Pitino and son.
Mcderrmott

I just think most of it is difficult to watch, they need a 30 second shot clock BAD.

If I see one more triple or quadruple hand off 35 feet from the basket I will kill myself.

I watch CBB, for the passion, and intensity of each game, but NOT for the quality of ball because it mostly stinks.

Could add Belein to your list.

other than:

The Mayor
Coach K
Jon Belien
Coach Cal
Boehiem
Mark Few
Pitino and son.
Mcderrmott

I respectfully disagree on coaches coaching to keep their jobs...I think that a lot of young freshman are put into college to develop their games for the pros...Idk how you could say Barnes, Rice, and Self are "idiotic" coaches (offensively)...I think you're just frustrated these freshman aren't allowed to just do their "thing." ...I think that would cause a lot of issues with players mentally heading into the league. If a coach said "here Bennent, Wiggins, Thompson, Cory, etc, take the ball and we will run pick and roll for you and let you do your thing." ...how does that make them better? Maybe I am misunderstanding but idk how you could say certain players don't develop their skills being coached by some of the best coaches in the country. ...Am I understanding you correctly?

I will agree with a 30 or even 25 second shot clock though...

Also unsure on how Boeheim is on the exceptions list...their offense has been brutal this season. 

Also unsure on how Boeheim is on the exceptions list...their offense has been brutal this season. 

This year is the exception for him, he wants to go up and down but Ennis is not that type of pg and they dont have te bodies to do that

Don't act like our offense hasn't been one of the most exciting in recent years though. Coach B loves the uptempo offense.

Back
Top Bottom