The College Basketball Post

So glad the upset happened. I had Mercer penciled in, but changed it right before because I didnt have the guts to go through with it. But still, Im so glad this one worked out well!

In all seriousness, this is the third early exit of recent memory. I would seriously doubt Coach K would ever be fired in his tenure with Duke... But its pretty apparent there is something thats not right with Duke lately... Then again, they either win it all or exit first round.

Thoughts?

He needs to recruit some athletic bigs who can score and defend. End of story.

He could have reigned in the three barrage and posted a couple of times. Not much he could have done defensively' but for sure they could have won this game by being a bit more efficient offensively. NOt like that center was blocking shots or anything.

it wasn't about offense, they scored, scoring wasnt going to do it, they needed stops, they couldn't get it.

People want to make this about shooting 3's.

They couldn't protect the rim.

Last edited:
Ninjas lying to themselves. Ain't no Duke fan thought they could lose to f'n Mercer. **** outta here :lol:

Yeah, you should participate the thread more than just posting #Next after y'all W's :rofl:

None of the Duke regulars are shocked at this hell, I was saying that we would lose to Tenn if we faced them next round. We tend to be very honest about our ineptitude Jay :lol:

Ninjas lying to themselves. Ain't no Duke fan thought they could lose to f'n Mercer. **** outta here :lol:

Look at our tourney track record since 2005. Underachieving except for last year and 2010. This ain't surprising one bit, especially given the defense of this years squad.

Real Duke fans knew what time it was the moment the brackets came out.

Yeah, you should participate the thread more than just posting #Next after y'all W's :rofl:

None of the Duke regulars are shocked at this hell, I was saying that we would lose to Tenn if we faced them next round. We tend to be very honest about our ineptitude Jay :lol:

You guys have been realistic all year about this squad. Had them losing to TN as well. Hope this isn't a start to a string of super freshmen losing today.

Duke fans:

Does saying you expected this help soften the blow?

SRS
its like a moral victory probably. 

Kinda how fans of fans of storied, legendary franchises of the NBA  who are struggling, like to openly cheer for their team to win.

Makes it feel like even though they are sucking ***, they are winning at something and are in control of their destiny with a nice draft pick 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom