The College Basketball Post

Isiah Thomas flourishing gives me hope Ulis will do his thing at the next although I understand they are two totally different players.

But yeah, if he was just atleast 6'0 he'd be a high draft pick.

What's is true height? Not his listed height or with shoes on bs
Not sure his true height always see him listed everywhere as 5'9 though,only seen him once in person and 5'9 seems about accurate

It seems pretty obvious to me that Ben is WAY checked out at this point.

I still don't see why any team would pick Ingram or anyone else over him in the draft though. Honestly I'm not even sure if Ingram is in fact a better shooter than Simmons. I also don't think he is a better defender.

Unfortunate that we won't get to see Ben in the tourney, but I guess that's what you get when you go play for a terrible coach and join a team without much talent.

It seems pretty obvious to me that Ben is WAY checked out at this point.

I still don't see why any team would pick Ingram or anyone else over him in the draft though. Honestly I'm not even sure if Ingram is in fact a better shooter than Simmons..

How much you had tonight my man?????

LOL I should have added to that. Just realized how that sounds...What I mean is that we don't have much of a sample size of jumpshots from Simmons. So I'm not quite ready to say he can't shoot. I think he chooses not to shoot jumpers because he doesn't have to at this level and can do what he wants in the paint. It's not like Ingram is some world class shooter though. He was 7-21 against UNC and 3-10 against Louisville.

LOL I should have added to that. Just realized how that sounds...What I mean is that we don't have much of a sample size of jumpshots from Simmons. So I'm not quite ready to say he can't shoot. I think he chooses not to shoot jumpers because he doesn't have to at this level and can do what he wants in the paint. It's not like Ingram is some world class shooter though. He was 7-21 against UNC and 3-10 against Louisville.

cmon man he can't shoot. pretty sure there is a draft express video of him bricking jumpers.

i mean some are speculating he's shooting with the wrong hand. :lol

cmon man he can't shoot. pretty sure there is a draft express video of him bricking jumpers.

i mean some are speculating he's shooting with the wrong hand. :lol
Hahah I mean I'll concede. I'm really not going to try to argue too much about his shooting. And I heard about the shooting with wrong hand :lol

I just don't really think Ingram is a good enough shooter to warrant me picking him over Simmons. Simmons does everything else better, in my opinion, if not significantly better than Ingram.

LSU sucks, reminds me off that NC state team that was supposed to have talent but kept failing time n time again ...still think LSU gets in the tourney somehow :lol , wouldn't be surprised at a run at the SEC title game

LSU sucks, reminds me off that NC state team that was supposed to have talent but kept failing time n time again ...still think LSU gets in the tourney somehow :lol , wouldn't be surprised at a run at the SEC title game

NC State...Shooot. Been sayin' this ever since CC Harrison. :{

Last edited:
I just don't see it man. Simmons is checked out and I think at best they go 2-1 over their next 3 games and wouldn't really trust them to beat anyone in the SEC tourney. They will likely be 18-13 or 17-14 going into the SEC tourney. Not very good.

Damn some of yall don't know basketball b. First and foremost Ben Simmons is clear cut the best player in this draft period. Although it is a weaker draft compared to others, you can't teach 6'10, 230 lbs who is a complete all around player. He can score, rebound, has good court vision, and makes plays. Lackluster shooter definitely but that is one of the easiest things to improve on in a professional's career.

When it comes to his defense, that's another thing he can improve on in the pros. Most of the time when it comes to defense it just comes down to effort, at 6'10, 230 pounds who is pretty quick laterally, he can definitely ad that to his game.

Ingram's a bad *** too don't get me wrong. But dude definitely has to add more to his frame. They said when he came into Duke he weighed only like 160
sick.gif
sick.gif
. He's up to 190 now but he'd definitely get bullied by most of the players in the league. His playmaking and instincts aren't as good as Simmons. Better shooter at the moment than Simmons but Simmons is clearly the most NBA ready player in this draft. 

Last edited:
This talk is probably better suited for the Draft Thread, but I just think Simmons can be very impactful in the league right away, and if he develops some sort of respectable jumpshot, he is an absolute superstar. He is better at the moment, and his ceiling is higher than Ingram's too.

Lackluster shooter definitely but that is one of the easiest things to improve on in a professional's career.
This is what we refer to as irony.

Don't want to clog up the thread anymore with this, as it definitely belongs in the Draft thread. 

Lackluster shooter definitely but that is one of the easiest things to improve on in a professional's career.
This is what we refer to as irony.

Don't want to clog up the thread anymore with this, as it definitely belongs in the Draft thread. 
How is this irony? Bruh you a Bengals fan that **** must suck 

Last edited:
Yea Simmons game isn't suited for college where you have at least two people sitting in the lane on help defense. The NBA is more up and down and the floor is way more spread. Kid is a big time talent, but LSU is a crappy situation. He has no shooters around him.

I just don't see it man. Simmons is checked out and I think at best they go 2-1 over their next 3 games and wouldn't really trust them to beat anyone in the SEC tourney. They will likely be 18-13 or 17-14 going into the SEC tourney. Not very good.
Yea I hear u they def not playin well at all ...but they got the talent to make a run in the conference tourney, don't think anybody would be suprised if they won a couple games or made it to the end

Yea Simmons game isn't suited for college where you have at least two people sitting in the lane on help defense. The NBA is more up and down and the floor is way more spread. Kid is a big time talent, but LSU is a crappy situation. He has no shooters around him.
Blakeney and Hornsby can shoot , n quarterman can hit an open 3 ...they just don't play hard on D, refuse to run the offense thru Ben at times, miss alotta ft's and the coach does nothing during the game to help them win ...it's a mess ova there but they still got some talent

Back
Top Bottom