The College Basketball Post

Who was that kid in the #1 jersey?? Looked a little like Skal... Nah... Couldn't be. :lol:

I dunno what buttons Cal pushed, but Skal just looked different out there tonight. He looked confident. He didn't have that deer-in-headlights look. Hope he keeps it up going forward.
Skal did look good or at least better than before.....Cal did day he made a "tweak" which I usually take as "Cal bull****" but they' were definitely something different about him .

Last edited:

pimp.gif

12 in a row. Pretty crazy. Big game tomorrow night in Austin that can lock it up outright. Svi played really well yesterday.

Skal yesterday 
mean.gif
 he just looks lost.

Texas is gonna be scary in the tournament. Shaka has those boys playing well.

Are there any consistent teams this year? Nova, X, UNC, Maryland, Duke all have been inconsistent just in the past couple weeks.
Must be nice to play in a garbage conference

Garbage conference? The Big 12? Whose mans is this?
mean.gif
A Big 10 team been in the final four the past four years. Big 12 twice in the past 8years. Conference is trash you gotta be drunk right now 
mean.gif

laugh.gif
. Not that impressive that 12 straight conference titles when the conference is garbage. That's like bragging about smashing a chick everyday for a week straight but she looks like Shrek.

Last edited:
A Big 10 team been in the final four the past four years. Big 12 twice in the past 8years. Conference is trash you gotta be drunk right now :smh:  :lol: . Not that impressive that 12 straight conference titles when the conference is garbage. That's like bragging about smashing a chick everyday for a week straight but she looks like Shrek.

Whens the last time a big 10 team won the national championship?

Garbage conference? The Big 12? Whose mans is this? :smh:

A Big 10 team been in the final four the past four years. Big 12 twice in the past 8years. Conference is trash you gotta be drunk right now :smh:  :lol: . Not that impressive that 12 straight conference titles when the conference is garbage. That's like bragging about smashing a chick everyday for a week straight but she looks like Shrek.

Bruh, the Big 12 has been the best conference in basketball this year, you must be drunk off that Big 10 Kool-Aid you're always sippin' around here. My squad doesn't even play in that conference and I hate Kansas/Bill Self but even I know when to give credit when it's due.

A Big 10 team been in the final four the past four years. Big 12 twice in the past 8years. Conference is trash you gotta be drunk right now 
mean.gif

laugh.gif
. Not that impressive that 12 straight conference titles when the conference is garbage. That's like bragging about smashing a chick everyday for a week straight but she looks like Shrek.
Whens the last time a big 10 team won the national championship?
Been a while b. Been a while. State back in 2000. Kansas back in 2008. Touche my friend. Touche.

mean.gif

mean.gif

laugh.gif
Bruh, the Big 12 has been the best conference in basketball this year, you must be drunk off that Big 10 Kool-Aid you're always sippin' around here. My squad doesn't even play in that conference and I hate Kansas/Bill Self but even I know when to give credit when it's due.
Helllll no. Big 12 has some teams that have successful season thus far for sure. They have 6 in the top 25 (Texas shouldn't be in top 25 
mean.gif
) 5 Big Ten teams. Idk B I feel like Big 12 teams are always overrated come the Big Dance. 

On another note, what's up with Diallo? Why doesn't he play that much?

Garbage conference? The Big 12? Whose mans is this? :smh:

Helllll no. Big 12 has some teams that have successful season thus far for sure. They have 6 in the top 25 (Texas shouldn't be in top 25 :smh: ) 5 Big Ten teams. Idk B I feel like Big 12 teams are always overrated come the Big Dance. 

From a competitive standpoint, it's been a gauntlet for most teams in that conference.

Don't hate on my man Shaka :lol:, Texas will be a top program sooner than people think.

I definitely agree with you, most of the time their teams underachieve come tourney time. I've been waiting on Iowa State to make that run for the last 3 years :smh:

Kansas has a chance this year though, the pieces are there.

I think Diallo missing time earlier really set him back, then again Self isn't that great with top recruits so he's probably gonna put him on the 2-3 year plan :lol:

I mean I feel like the Big 12 is perennially overrated outside of Kansas every year, but they actually have some teams that are fun to watch this year. Not going to hate...

mean.gif

mean.gif

laugh.gif

Helllll no. Big 12 has some teams that have successful season thus far for sure. They have 6 in the top 25 (Texas shouldn't be in top 25 
mean.gif
) 5 Big Ten teams. Idk B I feel like Big 12 teams are always overrated come the Big Dance. 

From a competitive standpoint, it's been a gauntlet for most teams in that conference.

Don't hate on my man Shaka
laugh.gif
, Texas will be a top program sooner than people think.

I definitely agree with you, most of the time their teams underachieve come tourney time. I've been waiting on Iowa State to make that run for the last 3 years
mean.gif

Kansas has a chance this year though, the pieces are there.

I think Diallo missing time earlier really set him back, then again Self isn't that great with top recruits so he's probably gonna put him on the 2-3 year plan
laugh.gif
Tell me about it 
laugh.gif
. No hate just keeping it real about the Big 12. I checked mock drafts and they have Diallo going in the first round. I remember his first game and it being a big deal but now he doesn't even play that ***** crazy to me. I like Ellis's game alot though he has that old man game. 

Derrick Jones out til further notice due to issues with his ACT score. UNLV has been cursed this season.

All this KU slander in here...:smh:

1. Winning a regular season title has nothing to do with tourney success. Tourney is a single elimination draw. The best team doesn't always win in a single elimination format. Regular season you are playing just about everyone and for the last couple of years the Big 12 has been on a round robin where you do play everyone. The fact that KU has won outright or shared in a conference that has featured Beasley, Griffin and Durant is beyond impressive to me. Not to mention for the last 12 years the Big 12 has been one of the best conferences.

2. Do I wish we had more tourney success...absolutely but that doesn't take away anything from winning a conference for the last 12 years when you have a target on your back every single night. Do I wish Bill had more success in March / April absolutely but you compare his tourney numbers against Coach K, Izzo, etc they are all about the same. On the whole the Big 12 should be doing better than they recently have in the tourney but that regular season schedule is a blood bath. You don't get a night off anymore. Teams start to wear down and in March you have one bad night you are done.

3. Diallo...if you want to talk about over hyped he would certainly fall under that category. Certainly things could and probably would have been different had he been cleared immediately but he was a project to begin with. In college, playing against grown men you can't just simply run up and down the court and dunk anymore. It isn't that simple. I certainly had doubts about Self's rotation (ask tvobach tvobach ) early on and the lack of PT him and Bragg were getting but Self is around those guys every single day, every single practice. He certainly has a better grasp of what is going on within that program and how guys are / are not developing.

I would say the big 12 has the most depth. I think the ACC has it.

outside of kansas you never see a big 12 team make a run in the tourney. 

I caught the 2007 Big XII Championship between Texas/Kansas... game was in OKC, Chris Paul was in the house watching the game because they were playing at Ford then because of Katrina.

Durant loses to Chalmers - in OKC at The Ford Center - which became the Chesapeake Energy where Durant/Chalmers played against each other in Game 1 of the 2012 NBA Finals as starters for opposite teams again. Random/cool how both were there five years earlier playing their conference championship and then a half-decade later playing in the Finals. :pimp:

mean.gif

If you don't know why Diallo doesn't play much, I feel like you don't watch much college basketball - therefore, your argument of "the big 12 is garbage" is lame.

Back
Top Bottom