The College Basketball Post

Man, what a weekend...

+ Not even gonna "celebrate" Duke's L. KU has done that wayyyyy too many times and it really sucks. 

+ Florida is my pick to take the East Region now.

+ UCLA v. UK is going to be sooooo fun.

+ WVU v. Zags going to be a lot of fun too.

+ KU playing in Kansas City is big. Seemed like the crowd helped them a lot yesterday...hope that continues on Thursday.

Well, y'all are completely reloading for next year so there's that to look forward too.

Wonder if kennard leaves, I think he should.

I think he leaves, he's a 1st rounder at this point and don't think stock can get any higher.

And regarding last night, my boy brought up a damn good point and didn't hit me until now. HB2 literally gave South Carolina a home game + a heavy UNC crowd that stayed for the Duke game.

How in the hell does a #2 seed get hit with a true road game and a hostile crowd full of their biggest rival's fans? Committee dropped the ball big time with that set up.

Only thing the committee probably should've done was made SC a 7 seed in another region. Because if the games were in Greensboro the coliseum would've been Cameron indoor lite

And Kennard needs to go, last year Grayson should've left because he would've been a late first rounder somewhere in the early 20s, but now he's a 2nd rounder

Last edited:
I think he leaves, he's a 1st rounder at this point and don't think stock can get any higher.

And regarding last night, my boy brought up a damn good point and didn't hit me until now. HB2 literally gave South Carolina a home game + a heavy UNC crowd that stayed for the Duke game.

How in the hell does a #2 seed get hit with a true road game and a hostile crowd full of their biggest rival's fans? Committee dropped the ball big time with that set up.

Yup that was some BS they gave Duke that draw.

Please. Y'all were saying Dook had a cakewalk to the Final Four and now they had a bad draw [emoji]128580[/emoji].

Please. Y'all were saying Dook had a cakewalk to the Final Four and now they had a bad draw [emoji]128580[/emoji].
I still think it's an excuse that Duke fans are using but I can see the issue they have with it.
If this would've happened to my team I would just chalk it up to not taking care of business.

laugh.gif

Duke had a great year man. They outperformed expectations because the media wrote them off and didn't believe in them. Glad to see the gritty bunch of guys make it this far.

And if Duke makes it to MSG the next game, they have homecourt advantage for the rest of the regional. Dudes weren't complaining about that SCe advantage when the bracket was released.

Last edited:

Right. Everybody counting out my gamecocks looking past them like it was gonna be a cakewalk to the final four now the excuses popping up. FOH

:lol:

Duke had a great year man. They outperformed expectations because the media wrote them off and didn't believe in them. Glad to see the gritty bunch of guys make it this far.

Great year? They were preseason number 1 by the media to win it all and top 3 to win it all going the tournament (damn near everyone on ESPN picked em to go to the chip at minimum). [emoji]128580[/emoji]

*could have been sarcasm

Last edited:
And if Duke makes it to MSG the next game, they have homecourt advantage for the rest of the regional. Dudes weren't complaining about that SCe advantage when the bracket was released.

No one realized that the entire UNC contingency was going to be there as well or you wanna gloss over that part? That in itself is more critical than just playing in SC's backyard.

Regardless, I don't think any Duke fan is leading with that as the reason for losing. Our defense is trash and we died by the 3, our typical way of losing in the tournament. And if it wasn't against SC then we were most likely catching that L to Baylor in MSG.

With that said, a higher seed should never have to deal with a draw like that - you'd be be looking sideways at the committee too if your team was put in that same exact situation.

Great year? They were preseason number 1 by the media to win it all and top 3 to win it all going the tournament (damn near everyone on ESPN picked em to go to the chip at minimum). [emoji]128580[/emoji]

*could have been sarcasm

Do you actually watch college basketball or just skim thru it?

We dealt with significant injuries left and right (Tatum, Bolden, Giles, Amile, Grayson) dealt with the Grayson suspension, dealt with K being out for a considerable amount of time, etc. At no point were we at 100% and hitting a groove until the ACC tournament - 4 months after the season started :lol:

yea, I'd say this team overachieved, tbh. Giles will never be the player he once was, which is unfortunate, and Bolden just ain't what we thought he'd be from Day 1.
Only those who weren't paying attention and only look at McD All-American head count actually believed in the media hype for this team.

Last edited:

they didn't outperform expectations at all
they were projected to be the best team in the country and finished 5th in the ACC

So a week ago after winning 4 games in 4 days including 3 comeback wins, the draw they got, and how they were playing going into the tourney, going out in the 1st weekend was over achieving? So under achieving would have been losing in the 1st rd I guess. [emoji]128580[/emoji]

Last edited:
If I'm a Duke fan and I had to choose between the draw that I got in that bracket/playing in "hostile territory" or risk giving that up to be in another region, I'm sticking with that draw

I would rather play SC in Greenville than have to get through Butler, and UCLA/Kentucky
plus every team deals with injuries
no way Duke overachieved :lol:

Last edited:
So a week ago after winning 4 games in 4 days including 3 comeback wins, the draw they got, and how they were playing going into the tourney, going out in the 1st weekend was over achieving? So under achieving would have been losing in the 1st rd I guess. [emoji]128580[/emoji]

When looking at the entire season, yes there were some things to be especially proud of and were overachievements, specifically handing UNC 2 Ls and winning the ACC tournament.

Clearly no one is ho hum about seeing them lose in the 2nd round but it also doesn't surprise me, given what we know about this team. If you believed this team was a lock for the Final 4 based on a small, 4 game sample size and the McD AA head count then that's on you brah :lol: Anyone who watched ACC ball all season long tho, knew this squad was not elite.

You won't catch me saying we had an easy path to the Final 4 - I had us losing to Baylor or Nova in every bracket I filled out.

Last edited:
I do agree that HB2 ****** over both UNC and Duke.

Tournament should've had games in raleigh, Charlotte or here in the boro.

With that being said, didn't Duke lost to Mercer in raleigh that year? I believe they did.

Duke definitely underachieved. Let's be real here fellas, they were the CONSENSUS number 1 team coming into the country, and we're supposed to be cutting the nets in the April.

They had everyone coming back, except Ingram. who they replaced with the #2 player coming outta HS. Don't even get me started in harry giles and all the hype he had.

Duke had the #1 recruiting class coming in and only gave 2 players outta that class significant minutes.

How in the world they overachieved idk. Yea they had injuries and setbacks but so do other teams.

We had this discussion last season about Duke. Now I would say last years team overachieved.

But this year? When the hype was universal? When even I thought Duke was going run college basketball? No way.

beating us twice wasn't overachieving lol
y'all were projected to dominate this year
not to mention since you wanna play the injury card... we were missing a starter the first game

This is sarcasm.

But Malta is really on one man [emoji]128514[/emoji]

duke constantly underachieves but it's masked by those two titles
atleast kentucky has been to multiple final fours in the 1AD era

Back
Top Bottom