The College Basketball Post

nate britt is the black bobby frasor. 

quentin thomas was ******* garbage. 
laugh.gif

dude is an ok rapper tho

I prefer the days when Quentin Thomas was running the point for UNC.

That boy was all types of trash. Bobby Frasor still my favorite UNC PG of most recent memory tho. Srs.

was going to mention Quentin
dude was a beast at Oak Tech and was killing my friends :lol:
they had leon powe as well, so that kinda helped
he has a singing career now :pimp:

Last edited:
me and one of my roommates last night were talking about how we thought andre dawkins had next at duke. 

dude was jumping out the gym in HS. 

I wonder what tyler thornton is up to these days. 

me and one of my roommates last night were talking about how we thought andre dawkins had next at duke. 

dude was jumping out the gym in HS. 

I wonder what tyler thornton is up to these days. 

tyler thornton is on Woj's staff at Marquette

still thought nolan smith was going to be a solid pro >D
wonder what demarcus nelson is up to. know he had a short stint with the w's
sometimes i wonder do these guys kill it overseas or are they just an average player compared to everyone else

Last edited:

Great year? They were preseason number 1 by the media to win it all and top 3 to win it all going the tournament (damn near everyone on ESPN picked em to go to the chip at minimum). [emoji]128580[/emoji]

*could have been sarcasm
Do you actually watch college basketball or just skim thru it?

We dealt with significant injuries left and right (Tatum, Bolden, Giles, Amile, Grayson) dealt with the Grayson suspension, dealt with K being out for a considerable amount of time, etc. At no point were we at 100% and hitting a groove until the ACC tournament - 4 months after the season started
laugh.gif

yea, I'd say this team overachieved, tbh. Giles will never be the player he once was, which is unfortunate, and Bolden just ain't what we thought he'd be from Day 1.
Only those who weren't paying attention and only look at McD All-American head count actually believed in the media hype for this team.
duke constantly underachieves but it's masked by those two titles
atleast kentucky has been to multiple final fours in the 1AD era
Wow. Two of the dumber things I've read on here in a while.

Duke major underperformed this year. PS #1, great recruiting class, Allen, Kennard, Jefferson returning...should've been better than they were this year.

However, to say that Duke "constantly" underachieves is just ridiculous.  Let's take a look...

I'd say they UNDER-performed in...

2002 (best team in country, lose to Indiana)

2005 (lose to Mich State)

2006 (best team in country, lose to LSU)

maaaaybbeee you could say 2008...(I'd argue they just weren't that good)

2011 (top team, lose to Arizona)

.....now, that seems like a lot, but, let's take a look at when they over-performed (also, keep in mind we can do this exercise with any top CBB program)

OVER-performed in...

Now, have they had years where they underperformed in the NCAAT? Yes. Has every other blue blood? Yes. Go look at KU if you want to see teams that have underperformed.

I'll mess with Britt against a team like the Hogs because he can break a press. Any Kennedy Meeks hate is trash, he works his *** off every night and is double double regular.

I watched J watts play every summer in the NC Pro Am and got excited every year lol. Same for Leslie McD though he gave some valuable time in the rotation.

bro bringing up the 80s & **** lol
I meant since the start of the decade they have been underachieving extremely
they definitely didn't overachieve in 2015 as they had a monster recruiting class and a weak bracket stop it
2010 they also had the dominoes fall perfectly for them.
2007 they lost to VCU... way to leave that out.
UK and UNC both have NIT appearances but outside of that you can't name any tournament blunders by those squads. Duke has a lot
UK gets the same caliber of recruits as Duke and somehow never gets eliminated early by an inferior team.

Last edited:
they definitely didn't overachieve in 2015 as they had a monster recruiting class and a weak bracket stop it
UK and UNC both have NIT appearances but outside of that you can't name any tournament blunders by those squads. Duke has a lot

Tournament blunders > not making the tournament.

Same logic dudes use to slander Lebron and his Finals record. Well would you rather he just not make the Finals instead of losing in it? C'mon man :lol:

Last edited:
we went to the NIT once... y'all have been getting eliminated by trash teams like every other year.
not to mention we can't even recruit how we want to because of the pending sanctions.

Last edited:
You know who is really good in real life that didn't really get off like that @ UNC?

Justin Watts.

That dude is a TERROR in pickup ball.
I know his cousin, dude is actually raw during pickup games.

I don't understand the Meeks and Britt hate from our fanbase :lol:

Randomly strolling the streets of Greensboro going to jakes billiards and bar 180, when you should be in a gym somewhere, will give people that affect.

The Badgers werent far off from where they should have been seeded but right from the get-go the committee absolutely butchered the Big 10 seedings all together.

Last edited:
2007 they lost to VCU... way to leave that out.
UK gets the same caliber of recruits as Duke and somehow never gets eliminated early by an inferior team.
Hey man, you're the one that said Duke is constantly underachieving. I just went back and looked since K has been there.

I mean I guess I can agree with 2015, but it's silly to dis-credit a team for winning the whole damn thing.

2010 I think they overachieved. PS #9, Lost 3 of 7 at one point in the season...

2007, they were a 6 seed. There weren't high expectations there. Therefore, they didn't really underperform.

Also, quit it with this whole UNC has never "blundered" in the tournament. 2006? Plus, you can't just dismiss NIT appearances or down-years for UNC (2013 and 2014)

Also, with Kentucky. Title favorite in 2004, lost to UAB. Down years from 2006-2009 and 2013.

Hey man, you're the one that said Duke is constantly underachieving. I just went back and looked since K has been there.
I mean I guess I can agree with 2015, but it's silly to dis-credit a team for winning the whole damn thing.
2010 I think they overachieved. PS #9, Lost 3 of 7 at one point in the season...
2007, they were a 6 seed. There weren't high expectations there. Therefore, they didn't really underperform.

Also, quit it with this whole UNC has never "blundered" in the tournament. 2006? Plus, you can't just dismiss NIT appearances or down-years for UNC (2013 and 2014)
Also, with Kentucky. Title favorite in 2004, lost to UAB. Down years from 2006-2009 and 2013.
our down years post 2009 are because of the sanctions
even when we weren't that good we never lost to a lower seed
we have one NIT appearance vs MULTIPLE bad tourney losses for Duke. it isn't even comparable

Every blue blood program has a year where they were supposed to make a run in the tourney and fell short.

Tbh man. I'd rather lose out in the first couple of rounds like Duke than lose how we did last year.

Imma remember that Chris Jenkins shot forever. duke and their fans won't remember losing to SCAR 4 years from now.

It seems like Duke either crashes out in the first two rounds or wins the title. No middle ground :lol:

Hard to make too much fun of a program with 5 titles in 26 years though.

Back
Top Bottom