The College Basketball Post

i get a kid sticking with adidas (or any company) from aau to college, but what makes him sign with them once in the league?

All of this adidas talk makes me nervous but I have to think that KU was smart about whatever it is they do recruiting wise....(I'm sure L'Ville fans said the same thing)

If adidas was pushing Zion to KU, that is fine by me as long as there isn't anyone from KU trying to set up deals.

Wiggins was an interesting deal...dude was from a Nike high school and AAU program and, if I remember correctly was a FSU lean because of his parents. He gets on campus and the adidas compliance rep has to remind him that he is required to wear adidas and then next thing you after he leaves KU he signs with adidas. I'm almost positive adidas had something to do with his recruitment but was KU involved in it...for my alums sake I hope we never find out.

Imagine if Myron Piggie had 'sung' back in the day...he was heavy in the AAU game and with Nike. All of the Rush brothers, Korelene Young...He had a chance to get a plea deal if he would corporate and he took the time.

He's definitely not a Kansas fan.

Well, I have no clue what ole boy is referring to then, because I was being facetious. I figured the laughing emoji and lol was enough context needed; apparently not.

TBH, I couldn't care less about KU and Wiggins just so happens to be the first KU/Adidas athlete that popped in my head.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure he'll be good for G-League. Some other dude did it pretty recently I think. Can't remember his name.

You talking about that ****** out of Baltimore?
Put some respect on aquille carr’s name

But anyway you just gotta be 18 and graduated high school to be in the G league ...all these recruits are eligible to go there if they want, which the best ones should now tbh

But anyway you just gotta be 18 and graduated high school to be in the G league ...all these recruits are eligible to go there if they want, which the best ones should now tbh

The problem is that those G League players only make like $30-50k a year. Which isn't terrible... but it isn't great. By the time you pay for somewhere to live, eat, car, and taxes... you're probably better off going to college where you get free room and board, free gear, free food, etc.

If they were to up to the G League salaries, while also allowing Adidas/Nike/UA to "sign" these guys or give them bonuses or whatever you want to call it... G League might be more attractive.

The problem is that those G League players only make like $30-50k a year. Which isn't terrible... but it isn't great. By the time you pay for somewhere to live, eat, car, and taxes... you're probably better off going to college where you get free room and board, free gear, free food, etc.

If they were to up to the G League salaries, while also allowing Adidas/Nike/UA to "sign" these guys or give them bonuses or whatever you want to call it... G League might be more attractive.
Yea they gotta raise salaries ...but yea they can have endorsements deals unlike college if they in the G league cuz they will be professionals ...the show companies can throw those bags to em to go with the salary

The G league does subsidize and provide most of the day to day expenses for the players tho regardless

That is plenty of money to play ball full-time and improve draft stock for a year. Not exactly a hardship to endure a season of that. Much better than the sham of college athletics. Leave that to the real amateurs.

Yall think Pitino could coach again? I understand he is 65 (which I thought was crazy this ***** age like Diddy) and he got $44 mill... so if I'm him I'd say **** the NCAA realistically but I honestly feel like a school would extend him an offer

rick-and-richard-pitino.png

Pitino is untouchable. After the suspension by the NCAA he'll be 70. Think he's done coaching at any level.

Didn't realize we lost Antwann Jones. Figured it was coming though.

What's this about Jellyfam Quinerly getting paid too?

Back
Top Bottom