The College Basketball Post

there's a bunch of 2, even 3 bid mid-major conferences this year too. they better not get screwed. they can make noise.
hopefully the committee doesn't forget what happened last year. umbc, nevada, loyola, etc...

Respect to Muss for sticking up for his guys.

Wake took the first step to establishing relevancy in the b-ball program again tonight as Ron Wellman announced his retirement. John Currie will replace him and I expect Manning to be gone at the end of the season

That's what I'm saying. They don't have someone like Mo Wagner who can take over a game for them. None of their bigs are special, and if their 3s aren't going down, their offense is pretty much non-existent. Their defense has definitely been great though. I just feel like any team with athletic bigs and guards that can stay in front of their man can give them trouble on any given night.

And they just lost Matthews to an ankle injury who's considered to be one of their best players on both sides of the ball.
Conflicting reports. ESPN reported on air that Matthews suffered 'significant ligament damage,' which UM's medical staff quickly rebutted. He's technically classified as day-to-day at the moment. The silver lining is that Livers notched a double-double in his first start of the season. If Matthews is really out for a prolonged period, DDJ and Castleton will have to provide more minutes off Beilein's bench. Squad put clamps on James Palmer Thursday. Strong defense will always keep them in games. I'd like to see Livers shoot more (threes).

IMO, this team goes as far as Iggy's offense (and shot particularly) takes them. If he's locked in he was vs. UNC in the ACC/B10 challenge or second IU W, watch out.

Obviously I'll have to revisit my Final Four predictions with Zion's imminent return.

Edit:
Corrected wrong day for Nebraska game.

If/When Wake fires Manning, if I was a Wake fan I’d want them to at least interview Wes Miller and Levelle Moton

Wes would be a damn fool to take that job.

Continue to build at G, and wait until Roy retires/contract expires, and he’s the perfect candidate for Chapel Hill.

Really disappointed in Ant Cowan today. He was awful. Can't be in talks to be an all-league guard and have a performance like that in arguably the biggest game of the year at home.

Also, not that this is a surprise, but Beilein is 1000000x the coach that Turge is. Honestly think the's the best coach in the country.

Who else does Roy have under his coaching tree?

C.B. Mcgrath at UNCW. They were awful this year tho. and last year.

King Rice at monmouth.

and obviously Wes.

Those are the most notable. and right now he's got kendall, robinson, hubert davis and sean may on staff.

C.B. Mcgrath at UNCW. They were awful this year tho. and last year.

King Rice at monmouth.

and obviously Wes.

Those are the most notable. and right now he's got kendall, robinson, hubert davis and sean may on staff.

King Rice technically Dean I would think. I really like him.

Jacque Vaughn still coaching somewhere?

Really disappointed in Ant Cowan today. He was awful. Can't be in talks to be an all-league guard and have a performance like that in arguably the biggest game of the year at home.

Also, not that this is a surprise, but Beilein is 1000000x the coach that Turge is. Honestly think the's the best coach in the country.
Cowan has done this too much this year, he is what he is at this point. He’s can’t be the best player on the floor. Doesn’t make enough shots and isn’t that strong with decision making. He will be the reason we lose in the tournament.

The Atlantic Sun tournament begins today... conference tournaments and then March Madness are officially back. :pimp:

With UNC sliding into the 3rd spot in the AP rankings, any chance they get a 1 seed alongside duke and uva?

Wes would be a damn fool to take that job.

Continue to build at G, and wait until Roy retires/contract expires, and he’s the perfect candidate for Chapel Hill.
Yeah Wes isn't leaving a thriving mid major that he's had to build up for a dead in the water private program like wake, even if its 20/30 minutes away. Only way that would happen is if they gave him a blank check.

I thought I was the only person that saw Wes is setting himself to coach UNC before its all said and done. He wont get it directly after Roy tho, it'll go to Hubert or some **** then if Wes sustains winning at UNCG then he'll have his shot.

Yeah Wes isn't leaving a thriving mid major that he's had to build up for a dead in the water private program like wake, even if its 20/30 minutes away. Only way that would happen is if they gave him a blank check.

I thought I was the only person that saw Wes is setting himself to coach UNC before its all said and done. He wont get it directly after Roy tho, it'll go to Hubert or some **** then if Wes sustains winning at UNCG then he'll have his shot.

I just said they should interview him. Didn’t say he should take it. He should do the interview to boost some rep.

Agree someone else has to be between him and Roy.

Back
Top Bottom