The College Basketball Post

How could K not deliver with the greatest recruiting class ever? :smh:

Extremely hard to win it all man.. especially with a lackluster supporting cast.

If duke just had 1 guy who was a shooter outside of the freshman, it would’ve opened up so much more for their team.

I hate to be that guy, but Duke since 2015:

3 pre season #1 rankings
4 straight #1 ranked recruiting classes
Multiple 1st round picks/MCDAA’s
2 ACC tournament championships
0 regular season ACC titles
0 final fours
4-5 against UNC.

Just goes to show that in college, all the talent in the world doesn’t always equate to success.

Extremely hard to win it all man.. especially with a lackluster supporting cast.

If duke just had 1 guy who was a shooter outside of the freshman, it would’ve opened up so much more for their team.

Joey Baker reclassified. He was considered one of the best shooters in 2019 class. K burned his red shirt for him to play a total of 18 minutes this season. Apparently he's not ready though.

High school Lebron so much better than current Zion. Truly makes me realize how good Bron was at that age watching Zion. Bron would of destroyed the game today with his game management and ability to actually dictate an offense. He’s basically Trey RJ and Zion all mixed into one but better.

Also I’m not sold Zion is actually better than Blake to be honest.

I really dont think people are expecting Zion to be the second coming.

I feel like many are very realistic with their expectations. A 2nd or 3rd option on a contender.

3 pre season #1 rankings
0 final fours
4-5 against UNC.

Just goes to show that in college, all the talent in the world doesn’t always equate to success.
Totally agree with you. Was just making the comment that was made about Cal early on in this one and done era. Lots of things have to go your way to win out.

Still replaying that last sequence in my head...that missed free throw is something I'll never forget...agree with woody...feel bad seeing tre like that...group was special man just sucks couldn't deliver...dont get why we didnt run last play through zion... 17 turnovers are hard to survive...this one will sting for a while

This is going to be possibly the lowest rated Final Four of all time. I don’t think anybody is watching the rest of these games besides hardcore college basketball enthusiasts and fans of the teams playing.

NCAA should have just fixed the game for Duke. Instead they weren’t even calling Zion getting shoved in the back multiple times on entry passes nor several times when him and RJ went to the rack and got obviously fouled going up for layups.

This is going to be possibly the lowest rated Final Four of all time. I don’t think anybody is watching the rest of these games besides hardcore college basketball enthusiasts and fans of the teams playing.

NCAA should have just fixed the game for Duke. Instead they weren’t even calling Zion getting shoved in the back multiple times on entry passes nor several times when him and RJ went to the rack and got obviously fouled going up for layups.

Come on... Duke got called for 9 fouls for the entire game, which included 1-2 at the end to stop the clock. Zion jumps directly into the defense (that is standing straight up) multiple times per game, and still almost fouled out Xavier Tillman.

3 pre season #1 rankings
0 final fours
4-5 against UNC.

The parallels between Coach K and Coach Cal when they've had the elite of elite talent is pretty wild (although UK racked up a couple SEC titles when they had that #1 recruiting run).

Man what are you talking about.

Back
Top Bottom