The College Basketball Post

Come on... Duke got called for 9 fouls for the entire game, which included 1-2 at the end to stop the clock. Zion jumps directly into the defense (that is standing straight up) multiple times per game, and still almost fouled out Xavier Tillman.

How many missed Cassius Winston pushoffs were there? Zion pushed in the back on entry passes? Not the reason we lost, but officiating was not great.

UCLA has offered Cal 6/48 million. Which is still a paycut for him

The parallels between Coach K and Coach Cal when they've had the elite of elite talent is pretty wild (although UK racked up a couple SEC titles when they had that #1 recruiting run).
Agreed, also for these guys even getting to the final 4 isn't considered a success. It's pretty much an all or nothing mentality. Even losing in the title game would have been considered a failure for this Duke squad.

How many missed Cassius Winston pushoffs were there? Zion pushed in the back on entry passes? Not the reason we lost, but officiating was not great.

UCLA has offered Cal 6/48 million. Which is still a paycut for him

This. Winston was pushing off alllllll game. Blatantly. And those pushes in the back on the entry passes to Zion were obvious as **** too to anybody with a brain and set of eyes that isn’t a UNC fan.

Not saying that’s the only reason they lost the game, but some of those calls HAVE to be made.

This is going to be possibly the lowest rated Final Four of all time. I don’t think anybody is watching the rest of these games besides hardcore college basketball enthusiasts and fans of the teams playing.

NCAA should have just fixed the game for Duke. Instead they weren’t even calling Zion getting shoved in the back multiple times on entry passes nor several times when him and RJ went to the rack and got obviously fouled going up for layups.
Who TF cares about the ratings?

Stop crying.

This. Winston was pushing off alllllll game. Blatantly. And those pushes in the back on the entry passes to Zion were obvious as **** too to anybody with a brain and set of eyes that isn’t a UNC fan.

Not saying that’s the only reason they lost the game, but some of those calls HAVE to be made.
Kinda like Zion's charge the we all knew they wouldn't call at the end of the UCF game or Rj's push in the back off the rebound?

It is what it is fam

Officiating was fine - they didn't interfere with the actual game. Better than it being a FT shooting contest.

MSU shot 6 FT's total. Duke shot 13. Not sure Duke has an argument there. Saw a stat that Duke was only called for 1 foul the entire 2nd half, until 4 minutes remaining.

Literally every drive an elbow was extended. In the 2nd half Tre even over emphasized it to get the refs attention after it had happened 4-5 times in the first. This was something I saw mentioned by non biased parties watching.

That’s the last I’m going to mention cause I’m not derailing the thread about something that’s over with

Yea winston got away with a lot of the push offs...like woody said..it is what it is....in end we had chance for overtime and couldn't hit free throws

I remember posting around the under 8 timeout in the second half that MSU was banging in the paint just like Duke but wasn’t getting the same whistle.

Several people repped me on that post.

Therefore we can conclude that the whistle was indeed benefiting duke.

Contrary to the alternative facts stated by buc em.

I remember posting around the under 8 timeout in the second half that MSU was banging in the paint just like Duke but wasn’t getting the same whistle.

Several people repped me on that post.

Therefore we can conclude that the whistle was indeed benefiting duke.

Contrary to the alternative facts stated by buc em.
tomdiginson tomdiginson :lol::nerd:

I was one of them though :lol:

Literally every drive an elbow was extended. In the 2nd half Tre even over emphasized it to get the refs attention after it had happened 4-5 times in the first. This was something I saw mentioned by non biased parties watching.

That’s the last I’m going to mention cause I’m not derailing the thread about something that’s over with

Literally every drive by Zion, he initiates the contact. Do you agree that a charge call was missed here against VT (the first one, not Tacko)?

Or this one? Come on...

Or that this wasn't a hook-and-hold on Delaurier AND a push in the back on Barrett, to basically lose the game for UCF?

https://twitter.com/davidrallenjr/status/1109962330127953927

Zion would definitely get the benefit of the doubt when he played D. For a guy that would try and contest and steal everything, him only averaging 2.1 fouls on the entire season is a bit absurd lol

On the offensive end, most games you could barely touch him without the whistle blowing.

But, it is what it is. I thought the refs swallowed their whistles towards the end of the game and let it play out correctly.

Who TF cares about the ratings?

Stop crying.

There’s like three total NBA players playing in the entire Final Four.

You have fun watching boring *** Virginia, Texas Tech, Auburn and Michigan State man.

Back
Top Bottom