The College Basketball Post

Was it an honest question or was he just trying to put down the kid? :nerd: If it was a real question then :rofl: :rofl:

It was a putdown, but damn it was hilarious. 10 years later and me and my homies still talk about it.

We go to the huddle in the middle of a tightly contested game...

Coach: Dougie are you a *slur for a gay male*
Dougie: Nah coach
Coach: Well you're playing like one!

TEAM: :wow: :wow: :rofl: :lol:

I could make a whole post on the gems he said during that spring/summer.

Was it an honest question or was he just trying to put down the kid? :nerd: If it was a real question then :rofl: :rofl:

It was a putdown, but damn it was hilarious. 10 years later and me and my homies still talk about it.

We go to the huddle in the middle of a tightly contested game...

Coach: Dougie are you a *slur for a gay male*
Dougie: Nah coach
Coach: Well you're playing like one!

TEAM: :wow: :wow: :rofl: :lol:

I could make a whole post on the gems he said during that spring/summer.
:lol: :lol: :lol: damn that is cold blooded

I thought my HS coach was bad, but then I hear/see these other stories and it just makes me feel like a ***** for hating my coach cuz was a hard ***.... but not like these dudes :smh:

BROOKLYN - The University of Maryland men's basketball team will face the University of Connecticut in its 2013-14 season opener on Nov. 8 in Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y.

It will be the first meeting between the schools since March 24, 2002, when the Terrapins defeated the Huskies 90-82 in the NCAA East Regional on the way to their first national championship. UConn holds a 3-2 edge all-time in the series.

me and the coach woulda been scrappin if he tried some **** like that to me...even though its a player/coach situation, everybody still men at the end of the day and that's disrespectful and no place for that

As someone who is familiar with the Big East, I have direct ties to a lot of schools bc of my college days at St. John's working as the sports director and play by play broadcaster for the mens basketball team, Rice needs his head lopped off. I've had many many sources from around the Big East tell me how much of a psycho Rice is. Glad this came to light because he doesn't deserve to coach these kids. It's no surprise why so many kids transferred.

It's one thing to be a hands on coach and trying to teach and set an example, it's another to abuse. Some may say behavior like this has been glorified from the days of Bobby Knight and other events but there's a difference here.

Usually when something like this happens it's kept private and behind closed doors. It's one of those "team unity dont talk about anything outside these walls" thing. Now that it came to light Rutgers can't let this maniac keep his job.

One of your main duties as a coach is to recruit, no kid will ever come to RU while Rice is a coach. How can he honestly try to recruit a kid, go into a living room and try to sell a bill of goods. The first question out of every mother and kid would be "how will you treat my son in practice? Will you throw basketballs at him and call him a fairy if he misses a shot?"

The RU AD when the video came out said Rice will keep his job, an hour ago on WFAN he no longer said he is committed to standing behind Rice.

Rice should have been fired ASAP, now if he has a job by the end of day on Friday, there should be mobs outside of RU's campus.

^In the ESPN article, I don't understand the 6 kids that more or less stood up for Rice. Makes no damn sense to me. Kudos to Murdock for helping to bring this to light

BROOKLYN - The University of Maryland men's basketball team will face the University of Connecticut in its 2013-14 season opener on Nov. 8 in Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y.

It will be the first meeting between the schools since March 24, 2002, when the Terrapins defeated the Huskies 90-82 in the NCAA East Regional on the way to their first national championship. UConn holds a 3-2 edge all-time in the series.

My birthday, will be in the building :smokin

^In the ESPN article, I don't understand the 6 kids that more or less stood up for Rice. Makes no damn sense to me. Kudos to Murdock for helping to bring this to light
Because some kids have played for other coaches like this, and putting up with this type of behavior is seen as a sense of toughness. Kids aren't running to the AD to report this stuff, or else Mike Rice wouldn't be the only villain right now. 

How could AShley or any big man for Arizona be a factor when the PG avg'd like 1 assist per game.

Lyons dribbled it, dribbled some more, than shot it.

Everyone was a Non factor with Lyons Gunning the 1.

Mike Rice's pops does commentary for our Blazer games. And still the only broadcaster to get ejected from a game LOL what do you expect

Trey Ziegler transferring out of Pitt :lol:

Will be at his third school in four years. :wow: My dude doesn't know what he wants :lol:

Still remember when I wanted him after I heard the news he was transferring from Central Michigan, but Minnesota just does not need guards, unless he somehow delays his arrival until the 2014-15 season when Austin Hollins will be gone.

Can't see that team losing a game. If they do, it'll be like the AD led Kentucky squad when they lost to Indiana on the buzzer beater type steeze on the road.

I'm still not impressed with the twins although they play mature basketball.

Wiggins though...Can see dude pulling a Kevin Durant at Texas type ****

Trey Ziegler transferring out of Pitt :lol:

Will be at his third school in four years. :wow: My dude doesn't know what he wants :lol:

Still remember when I wanted him after I heard the news he was transferring from Central Michigan, but Minnesota just does not need guards, unless he somehow delays his arrival until the 2014-15 season when Austin Hollins will be gone.

:lol: I saw that today and was like "wait, he JUST got to campus this yr" :smh: Ah well, we got 3 scholarships free now and we're recruting a 6-10 juCo transfer next weekend....we'll still continue to be upset in the tourney after having great records during the season :smh:

Steven Adams is raw as **** but he is a physical specimen, competitor, this draft is deep despite what people say.

Steven Adams is raw as **** but he is a physical specimen, competitor, this draft is deep despite what people say.

I guess he got word hell be a mid to high first rounder? Lmao as a Pitt student dude is NOWHERE near ready for the league. Like I know you can't teach size but my man struggles with basic fundamental plays...he does work hard though and he battles I just wish he were staying bc another yr or two would realllllly do him a world of good. My school will struggle next yr though especially with te move to the ACC

Meaning talent is just as good later as it is early. Teams can draft guys and just work with them with no pressure. I'd much rather be drafting at the back end of the lottery then the front this year

Rio Adams leaving Kansas

Amir Garrett leaving SJU

Webster-Chan and Dom Bull leaving Mizzou

Ricky Tarrant and Josh Davis leaving Tulane. Tarrant might be the best transfer so far.

Jerome Seagers leaving Rutgers (NC ST likely?)

Mike Shaw transferred from Illinois to Bradley

& from yesterday, Jabarie Hinds and Aaron Brown leaving WVU.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom