The College Basketball Post

Rio Adams leaving Kansas

Amir Garrett leaving SJU

Webster-Chan and Dom Bull leaving Mizzou

Ricky Tarrant and Josh Davis leaving Tulane. Tarrant might be the best transfer so far.

Jerome Seagers leaving Rutgers (NC ST likely?)

Mike Shaw transferred from Illinois to Bradley

& from yesterday, Jabarie Hinds and Aaron Brown leaving WVU.
Is Amir Garrett transferring schools? Or is he going to the MLB draft

Garrett's in the Reds organization so he'll probably be pitching in the low minor leagues for now.

Mike Rice fired, already off the RU website coaching staff. Good riddance.

I heard an interesting point on the radio today....

Rutgers already suffered a black eye of sorts when they had a student jump off the GW bridge due to the cyber bullying a year or two back. I know the university made a stance against that sort of thing...in talking about what went on with Rice, the AD pretty much turned a blind eye to the severity of the abuse that the players were taking. Also, I know Murdock came forward with his comments, but where were the other adults on the staff to step in on behalf of the players when all of this stuff was going down?

Mike Rice fired, already off the RU website coaching staff. Good riddance.

I heard an interesting point on the radio today....

Rutgers already suffered a black eye of sorts when they had a student jump off the GW bridge due to the cyber bullying a year or two back. I know the university made a stance against that sort of thing...in talking about what went on with Rice, the AD pretty much turned a blind eye to the severity of the abuse that the players were taking. Also, I know Murdock came forward with his comments, but where were the other adults on the staff to step in on behalf of the players when all of this stuff was going down?

I wondered that too, how only one person affiliated with the program went to the higher ups (and subsequently lost his job :{) in this situation?! Especially on a campus where similar belittling and attacks have led to a student to sadly take his own life

Pernetti HAS to be gone soon as well, this dude Mike Rice is a lunatic and to believe that 3 games and a fine would "rehabilitate" him is laughable. Like Lebron said on twitter, if it were my kid then I'm driving to that school and coach is gonna need to explain himself to my face.

I wondered that too, how only one person affiliated with the program went to the higher ups (and subsequently lost his job :{) in this situation?! Especially on a campus where similar belittling and attacks have led to a student to sadly take his own life

Pernetti HAS to be gone soon as well, this dude Mike Rice is a lunatic and to believe that 3 games and a fine would "rehabilitate" him is laughable. Like Lebron said on twitter, if it were my kid then I'm driving to that school and coach is gonna need to explain himself to my face.

I agree....I'm also not letting Murdock completely off the hook, because he could have intervened as well. Him coming forward now is water under the bridge, IMO. It's good that he was shedding light as to what was going on, but he was there as well. If the kids on that team weren't going to do it for themselves, one of those adults at those practices should have been an advocate for them.

Glad Mike Rice is fired. It's going to be rough for him to land another coaching job 
laugh.gif

Wonder what this does for a guy like Andy Toole. He's a pretty promising young coach (almost landed Siena job this week) but he spent 3 years directly under Rice at Robert Morris before taking over. This doesn't reflect well on anyone who's been associated with Rice.

It was a foregone conclusion that he was going to get that axe, public scrutiny was too loud.

AD HAS to be next.

Wonder what this does for a guy like Andy Toole. He's a pretty promising young coach (almost landed Siena job this week) but he spent 3 years directly under Rice at Robert Morris before taking over. This doesn't reflect well on anyone who's been associated with Rice.

I didn't even think about that. Abuse like this has probably been going on for years. People will start to question those who worked under him as to why they never intervened.

It was a foregone conclusion that he was going to get that axe, public scrutiny was too loud.

AD HAS to be next.

Yea man...AD has to be gone. Dude allowed this to go on and gave Rice a joke of a suspension.

This is an awful look for Rutgers.

Big Ten can have Rutgers....

Not surprised by Amir leaving...Team should still be good next year but Lavin really needs to get some kids in this upcoming class.

I used to bang with him but Cal playing with the cheat code just aint cool :{

Murdock didn't come forward until he got fired 
laugh.gif

I've seen plenty of cursing and **** from coaches.....the kicking part was taking it too far 

on the rutgers thing...the cussing & name calling dont really surprise me, i seen plenty coaches do that. but i dont understand how players was lettin him throw stuff & kick & put his hands on them. like how did not 1 player just say "man u better calm down wit that before i beat yo *** cause u & me both know i can". & did the coach know his practices were being recorded? cause if he did then he dumb as **** for actin like that in practice wit cameras rollin

on the rutgers thing...the cussing & name calling dont really surprise me, i seen plenty coaches do that. but i dont understand how players was lettin him throw stuff & kick & put his hands on them. like how did not 1 player just say "man u better calm down wit that before i beat yo *** cause u & me both know i can". & did the coach know his practices were being recorded? cause if he did then he dumb as **** for actin like that in practice wit cameras rollin

There's way too much on the line (scholarship, benefits, etc) for a player to put hands on a coach, regardless of situation. Plus I dont think the players knew practices were recorded, so they didnt think they'd have any evidence of abuse besides for witnesses (who probably wouldnt speak up).

Being from NJ and going to Mike Rice BBall camps, the basketball atmosphere is on a totally different spectrum to be quite honest. I have had worse coaches than him, he was throwing basketballs at there legs i have had a coach throw a garbage can actually towards my face. I guess people see it different but the coaches ive had have alway been edgy, calling us p*****ys and f*gs but they also showed us a lot of respect when we were doing well

There's way too much on the line (scholarship, benefits, etc) for a player to put hands on a coach, regardless of situation. Plus I dont think the players knew practices were recorded, so they didnt think they'd have any evidence of abuse besides for witnesses (who probably wouldnt speak up).
A person of true character shouldn't have to put their hands on another in order to standup against what's wrong.

Being from NJ and going to Mike Rice BBall camps, the basketball atmosphere is on a totally different spectrum to be quite honest. I have had worse coaches than him, he was throwing basketballs at there legs i have had a coach throw a garbage can actually towards my face. I guess people see it different but the coaches ive had have alway been edgy, calling us p*****ys and f*gs but they also showed us a lot of respect when we were doing well

Throwing a trash can at a kids face is reprehensible. Nobody is going crazy over calling them a ****y

Not only is it horrible, it isn't effective.

Throwing a trash can at a kids face is reprehensible. Nobody is going crazy over calling them a ****y

Not only is it horrible, it isn't effective.
I guess it was effective for me, not everybody liked it but it pushed me to be better. being called loser and being lazy wasn't for me. I can see why people feel ashamed but I guess the way I grew up not being pushed to strive my best showed me different. The coaches that pushed me the hardest were usually the rudest.

Back
Top Bottom