The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

RIP NBA SEASON 11-12

Another year LeBron doesn't win a ring 
laugh.gif
I wouldn't be 
laugh.gif
 if I was a knicks fan. Y'all finally on the come up and lose out on a year.

nah this actually helps the knicks... i hate saying that because i would hate to miss watching the knicks play because they are the most exciting knicks team in like a decade... with that being said im just being realistic the knicks arent winning the championship this year even if there was a season
laugh.gif
... and its another year for melo and amare to become healthy... ya they are wasting 1 year of their prime but its not a big impact like the heat... and also this just means cp3 to the knicks summer of 2012 without giving up assets so now that melo trade makes perfect sense... not that it wasnt a bad deal to begin with but they gave up pieces to use in a making a cp3 trade... now its all good cp3 to knicks in 2012
pimp.gif
... but in all seriousness the NBA and the players need to make this deal go down asap... they are both losing out on money whether its short term for the players and long term for the owners so they need to think logically and get a deal done already

Blazers’ Allen sets fire to labor talks

Once David Stern had discovered his owners wanted to march one of their biggest spenders into a mediation session and deliver the Players Association a take-it-or-leave-it ultimatum, it came to no surprise that he disappeared to the peace of his Westchester County home. Whatever you want to say about the NBA commissioner, Stern has long craved confrontation. And yet, suddenly, he had a doctor’s note to bail with the oldest and most suspicious of NBA DNP’s: flu-like symptoms.

All hell promised to unleash in the conference room of the Sheraton Hotel on the 52nd Street and Seventh Avenue. So bad that the man who wrote the book on collective bargaining guerilla warfare had retreated to the suburbs and left these unruly proceedings to someone who truly despises confrontation. Nevertheless, Portland Trail Blazers billionaire Paul Allen stepped out of the shadows, declared himself as the hardest line of the hardliners and played the part of the improbable boogeyman in these dysfunctional labor talks.

“Here came the Grim Reaper,

Blazers’ Allen sets fire to labor talks

Once David Stern had discovered his owners wanted to march one of their biggest spenders into a mediation session and deliver the Players Association a take-it-or-leave-it ultimatum, it came to no surprise that he disappeared to the peace of his Westchester County home. Whatever you want to say about the NBA commissioner, Stern has long craved confrontation. And yet, suddenly, he had a doctor’s note to bail with the oldest and most suspicious of NBA DNP’s: flu-like symptoms.

All hell promised to unleash in the conference room of the Sheraton Hotel on the 52nd Street and Seventh Avenue. So bad that the man who wrote the book on collective bargaining guerilla warfare had retreated to the suburbs and left these unruly proceedings to someone who truly despises confrontation. Nevertheless, Portland Trail Blazers billionaire Paul Allen stepped out of the shadows, declared himself as the hardest line of the hardliners and played the part of the improbable boogeyman in these dysfunctional labor talks.

“Here came the Grim Reaper,

I'm just going to pretend that I didn't just read all that.  You people that back the owners and Stern, may want to avoid me for a while.  Disgusting. 
indifferent.gif

I'm just going to pretend that I didn't just read all that.  You people that back the owners and Stern, may want to avoid me for a while.  Disgusting. 
indifferent.gif

i really want to hear mark cubans point of view on all this. proably the most Pro Player owner there is in the NBA

i really want to hear mark cubans point of view on all this. proably the most Pro Player owner there is in the NBA

I don't understand how anyone can back the owners with all the concessions the players have made and how Hunter has been the reasonable one in all of this. Reading that article, there is not one basketball sane mind that can sit there and say they back the owners side and fully believe themselves.

I don't understand how anyone can back the owners with all the concessions the players have made and how Hunter has been the reasonable one in all of this. Reading that article, there is not one basketball sane mind that can sit there and say they back the owners side and fully believe themselves.

^^^ I was thinking the same thing about Cuban, but he seems to be keeping a pretty low profile on all of this. I looked at his Twitter feed this morning and I didn't see anything directly NBA related. It was a little surprising to me.

Also, its pretty hard not to feel disgusted after reading that article on Allen's act yesterday.

^^^ I was thinking the same thing about Cuban, but he seems to be keeping a pretty low profile on all of this. I looked at his Twitter feed this morning and I didn't see anything directly NBA related. It was a little surprising to me.

Also, its pretty hard not to feel disgusted after reading that article on Allen's act yesterday.

A lot of people who back the owners do so because of jealous, selfish reasons. Fans of ex contenders and mismanaged teams.

A lot of people who back the owners do so because of jealous, selfish reasons. Fans of ex contenders and mismanaged teams.

RIP NBA SEASON 11-12

laugh.gif
I wouldn't be 
laugh.gif

Not really , i'll lose out on a season to rest up stat and melo after injuries and open the season with CP3 and a totally revamped Garden
pimp.gif

RIP NBA SEASON 11-12

laugh.gif
I wouldn't be 
laugh.gif

Not really , i'll lose out on a season to rest up stat and melo after injuries and open the season with CP3 and a totally revamped Garden
pimp.gif

What's worse is dealing with all the facebook "experts" that don't even talk NBA all year long, now suddenly think the players are idiots for wanting MORE money, when in fact they are offering to take less. 
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
  I seriously want to punch so many @#$%^&* people right now. 
laugh.gif

This is such @#$%^%$#  Sometimes I actually say screw it, let's burn the whole season, see how that works out for you you douchebags.  But I don't want that.  I want the damn season to go, I want to see all the momentum from last year.  I swear the owners are doing this because of summer 2010. 

What's worse is dealing with all the facebook "experts" that don't even talk NBA all year long, now suddenly think the players are idiots for wanting MORE money, when in fact they are offering to take less. 
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
  I seriously want to punch so many @#$%^&* people right now. 
laugh.gif

This is such @#$%^%$#  Sometimes I actually say screw it, let's burn the whole season, see how that works out for you you douchebags.  But I don't want that.  I want the damn season to go, I want to see all the momentum from last year.  I swear the owners are doing this because of summer 2010. 

"I don't trust the players' side to make the right choices, because they are saddled with limited intellectual capital. (Sorry, it's true.)," wrote Simmons.

So where's the outrage?

Sorry but I'm sick and tired of people slurping and putting wealthy owners on a pedestal. This is getting ridiculous. You don't need to be a genius to become a billionaire in America.

The blind admiration for these people is absurd. People act like they are a gift to the world or something. There are plenty of broke geniuses and rich morons who were in the right place at the right time.

The notion that you have to be a genius to understand "such complex negotiations" is a *%!$!*% joke

Boston media types simmons and bob Ryan have been very condescending and plain irritating during this whole thing

"I don't trust the players' side to make the right choices, because they are saddled with limited intellectual capital. (Sorry, it's true.)," wrote Simmons.

So where's the outrage?

Sorry but I'm sick and tired of people slurping and putting wealthy owners on a pedestal. This is getting ridiculous. You don't need to be a genius to become a billionaire in America.

The blind admiration for these people is absurd. People act like they are a gift to the world or something. There are plenty of broke geniuses and rich morons who were in the right place at the right time.

The notion that you have to be a genius to understand "such complex negotiations" is a *%!$!*% joke

Boston media types simmons and bob Ryan have been very condescending and plain irritating during this whole thing

that article on Paul Allen upset me. i just hope something gets done that the players can work with, but i dont see it happenening or getting any better soon

that article on Paul Allen upset me. i just hope something gets done that the players can work with, but i dont see it happenening or getting any better soon

Back
Top Bottom