The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

They got me again. Hopefully there wont be a 4th time this month.
grin.gif

This is my first time posting in this thread. I thought it was time to bless it with my good fortune.

Thank me by the end of the weekend.

KBergCBS Ken Berger
One source in the room characterizes progress as "small moves." If there's still Thursday and Friday, big moves wouldn't come today, IMO.

NYPost_Berman Marc Berman
According to league source, "progress" being made today is only on system issues. Not BRI. It's a start.

They aren't THAT far apart on BRI, and before they said the issues were the system, which they say they're making progress on, so...

Btw, Yuku is effed up.
30t6p3b.gif

They aren't THAT far apart on BRI, and before they said the issues were the system, which they say they're making progress on, so...

Btw, Yuku is effed up.
30t6p3b.gif

See originally I was on the owners side - but with the last 10 days or so - I've realized how greedy and reluctant the owners are. When they failed to make any concessions; when in fact the players did - proved to me all along that this is what the owners wanted and had planned all along.
But the players need to realize this. They're millionaires. Literally. You got people protesting on Wall Street about pennies that affect their everyday lives - yet the players want to take for granted the fact these owners got them living beyond comfortable, with sponsorships and extra money they're making on the side; just take the $%%#%!% deal and shut the *!$$ up.

With that being said, I don't care who gets !$%$@% outta this deal - just make something happen. And currently progress is being made right now, and obviously the owners aren't compromising so let's the hope the players smarten up and get a deal done now before any more of the money they're fighting for is gone.

See originally I was on the owners side - but with the last 10 days or so - I've realized how greedy and reluctant the owners are. When they failed to make any concessions; when in fact the players did - proved to me all along that this is what the owners wanted and had planned all along.
But the players need to realize this. They're millionaires. Literally. You got people protesting on Wall Street about pennies that affect their everyday lives - yet the players want to take for granted the fact these owners got them living beyond comfortable, with sponsorships and extra money they're making on the side; just take the $%%#%!% deal and shut the *!$$ up.

With that being said, I don't care who gets !$%$@% outta this deal - just make something happen. And currently progress is being made right now, and obviously the owners aren't compromising so let's the hope the players smarten up and get a deal done now before any more of the money they're fighting for is gone.

@WojYahooNBA NBA, NBPA sources believe if they close gaps, agree on system issues -- tax, exceptions, etc., -- BRI will fall into place.
@HowardBeckNYT Told that sides have "moved closer" on "most" system issues, but no agreement yet.
@ChrisMannixSI One source briefed on the talks Wednesday said agreement by the end of the week "very possible." "Lot of real progress tonight," source said
@ChrisMannixSI Sides are still navigating the system issues, source said, but believes a middle ground "is within sight." BRI split still needs work.

@WojYahooNBA NBA, NBPA sources believe if they close gaps, agree on system issues -- tax, exceptions, etc., -- BRI will fall into place.
@HowardBeckNYT Told that sides have "moved closer" on "most" system issues, but no agreement yet.
@ChrisMannixSI One source briefed on the talks Wednesday said agreement by the end of the week "very possible." "Lot of real progress tonight," source said
@ChrisMannixSI Sides are still navigating the system issues, source said, but believes a middle ground "is within sight." BRI split still needs work.

So IF a deal gets done within the next week, how long will FA/Training Camp take, and what are the possibilities of them trying to squeeze an 82 game season out of this?

So IF a deal gets done within the next week, how long will FA/Training Camp take, and what are the possibilities of them trying to squeeze an 82 game season out of this?

Back
Top Bottom