The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Originally Posted by PMatic

@WojYahooNBA NBA, NBPA sources believe if they close gaps, agree on system issues -- tax, exceptions, etc., -- BRI will fall into place.
@HowardBeckNYT Told that sides have "moved closer" on "most" system issues, but no agreement yet.
@ChrisMannixSI One source briefed on the talks Wednesday said agreement by the end of the week "very possible." "Lot of real progress tonight," source said
@ChrisMannixSI Sides are still navigating the system issues, source said, but believes a middle ground "is within sight." BRI split still needs work.

georgebushdance.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

@WojYahooNBA NBA, NBPA sources believe if they close gaps, agree on system issues -- tax, exceptions, etc., -- BRI will fall into place.
@HowardBeckNYT Told that sides have "moved closer" on "most" system issues, but no agreement yet.
@ChrisMannixSI One source briefed on the talks Wednesday said agreement by the end of the week "very possible." "Lot of real progress tonight," source said
@ChrisMannixSI Sides are still navigating the system issues, source said, but believes a middle ground "is within sight." BRI split still needs work.

georgebushdance.gif

I am optimistic again! I feel this time I am actually the most reasonably optimistic that I've been due to all these signs (players pulling out, NBA delays canceling, and long talks behind closed doors without need of mediation). Also, both sides have had their extremist figures express themselves in Garnett and Paul Allen. Now it's time for level-headed people to strike a deal. Lets DO THISSSS!
...if they fail again this time I am officially giving up all hope 
laugh.gif

I am optimistic again! I feel this time I am actually the most reasonably optimistic that I've been due to all these signs (players pulling out, NBA delays canceling, and long talks behind closed doors without need of mediation). Also, both sides have had their extremist figures express themselves in Garnett and Paul Allen. Now it's time for level-headed people to strike a deal. Lets DO THISSSS!
...if they fail again this time I am officially giving up all hope 
laugh.gif

No deal today. Some progress made. 82 game still possible if deal made by Sun/Mon.

System issues addressed, some progress, BRI not discussed.

No deal today. Some progress made. 82 game still possible if deal made by Sun/Mon.

System issues addressed, some progress, BRI not discussed.

I don't even want 82 games at this point.  That's OD and will hurt the product.

Condense it to 72 or so games.

Condense it to 72 or so games.

Yo, If my Watch The Throne Tickets at the Garden are in Jeopardy now I'm going to be very upset...

laugh.gif
*%%% Stern and the NBA.

Yo, If my Watch The Throne Tickets at the Garden are in Jeopardy now I'm going to be very upset...

laugh.gif
*%%% Stern and the NBA.

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

So IF a deal gets done within the next week, how long will FA/Training Camp take, and what are the possibilities of them trying to squeeze an 82 game season out of this?

It will take a month to get the season started between getting the deal ratified, FAs, and practice as well.  If the players can get a fair shake on the system issues they're willing to bend on the BRI.  That's why it's smart for them to focus on the system issues and then that will lead them back to the BRI.

This was just posted on Twitter by @SamAmicoFSO:

How significant was NBA progress? One source close to talks says, "At this rate, lockout will be over by end of next week, at latest."

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

So IF a deal gets done within the next week, how long will FA/Training Camp take, and what are the possibilities of them trying to squeeze an 82 game season out of this?

It will take a month to get the season started between getting the deal ratified, FAs, and practice as well.  If the players can get a fair shake on the system issues they're willing to bend on the BRI.  That's why it's smart for them to focus on the system issues and then that will lead them back to the BRI.

This was just posted on Twitter by @SamAmicoFSO:

How significant was NBA progress? One source close to talks says, "At this rate, lockout will be over by end of next week, at latest."

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

laugh.gif
*%%% Stern and the NBA.

I'm sure they will just move the date over one day if anything.I'm getting excited, even though I know I shouldn't.

laugh.gif
*%%% Stern and the NBA.

I'm sure they will just move the date over one day if anything.I'm getting excited, even though I know I shouldn't.

laugh.gif
*%%% Stern and the NBA.
now it makes sense why they added 2nd dates after taken them off

Condense it to 72 or so games
ya 10 games less is really cutting it down...............

laugh.gif
*%%% Stern and the NBA.

laugh.gif
*%%% Stern and the NBA.

Back
Top Bottom